Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• Banned User

Re: What's Your Favorite Disneyland Memory?

Quote Originally Posted by Radiobarry View Post
    I was a lead dinner cook in the summer of the 25th, 1980, New Orleans Main Kitchen.
    So, you know exactly how to make an old school style Monte Cristo sandwich, right Barry?

• Princess Aurora Fan

When i was 3 and on my first trip to Disneyland, my grandma and I were riding the Alice in Wonderland ride and we came out on the leaf area and as we were going by, Alice was on her float in the parade and she looked right at me and blew me a kiss and say hello. I was in love with Alice at that time and my grandma wanted to get me the Alice dress at disneyland but we couldn't afford it. She later found one up here and that became my Alice in Wonderland dress. That Alice was amazing to make a little girls dream come true.
    ~Princess Aurora at Heart~

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TiaDalmaFan View Post
    So, you know exactly how to make an old school style Monte Cristo sandwich, right Barry?
    OFF TOPIC:

Yes, Without revealing too much of the "magic", in the NOMK we'd mass-produce the un-fried sandwiches like dealing cards across a large stainless steal table...bread slices, then turkey, then cheese, etc...cut in halves, toothpicked together and then set aside for the personnel in the Bayou kitchen upstairs to do the actual battering and frying to order.

--Barry
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

There was this one time I was running full speed through the park and I stopped for a minute to catch my breath and was bent over panting really hard then I feel a tap on my shoulder and turn around and it was a C.M.! They said "This may sound strange but Tinkerbell is sick today. Can you put on her costume and be in the fireworks show?" I nodded my head eagerly (too excited to talk). Before I knew it they had put me in a XXXXL tinkerbell costume and I was flying over Disneyland while being showered in the most magical fireworks ever. This was before the rope broke and it turned into my least favorite Disneyland memory. But that's a story for a different thread.
    "See, I didn't get the name Bad Billy Pratt for nothing."

Thumbs up Re: What's Your Favorite Disneyland Memory?

First post!

sooo best disney memory...

Well, I actually have 2.

#1. When I was about 8, I was sitting on main street with my family, watching one of the parades at night (i couldn't tell you which one, i dont think they have it anymore... i havent seen it the last 10 times i've been there...or i havent been paying attention...) , needless to say, I was completely entranced by everything going on. One of the floats that passed by had a bunch of fairies dancing around it and throwing glitter everywhere. One of them noticed me, smiled at me, walked over, and kneeled in front of me. She grabbed my hand, and in it, she put a handful of glitter. I was too stunned to do anything, so i just kept it in my hand. I didn't open my hand until i was about to go to bed that night. I sat on my floor, and stared at it for a good while, until i threw it up in the air and watched every last piece come down. when it all settled, i put it all in a little bag, and every night before i went to bed, i sat in the middle of the floor, and did the same thing. i did that until we moved, and i lost the bag somewhere in the process...

#2. I was in my high school's band, and i was informed that we were to go to disneyland the next year. We preformed on the hollywood backlot stage in DCA, and got to go back stage and record some cool disney themes in an actual studio. We got 2 and a half days to run around and have fun. That's when i found out that its amazing to go with family and whatnot, but its a completely different, but an equally amazing experience to go with a large group of friends.

-M

• WDW Fant! Premiere Cast

My second visit ever to DL.

My best friend and I got vacation from the mouse in FL and headed to DL. We had just wrapped up rehearsals for Mulan parade but had not started rehearsals for Fantasmic! and wanted a chance to see them. The two parades had similar themes but were so different, it was wonderful.

The night we chose to watch Fant! we sat right underneath the tech booth and wanting to have the best possible view we got there almost 5 hours before show. People were already waiting. We watched training groups, got our pictures with people wearing the yellow Fant! jackets.

We also made friends with the family sitting next to us who attended the show quite often. We told them that we were going to be in the show in FL. They were so nice and told us they sat there every time they watched the show. On our last night they held a spot for us and gave us each a framed opening pin and postcard. On the back it said something like "always keep the magic you had the first time you saw Fant!" I still have it to this day, granted the writing on the back has faded but the memory never did.

Every time I performed I thought of each person seeing it for the first time and tried to make it special for them.

• now that i see you ♥

Blog Entries

I have two favorite memories.
    The first is going for my sixteenth birthday with two of my best friends and my boyfriend (of the time) and watching RDCT from a prime spot: center in front of the castle on the walkway going to the 'Partners' statue, with no people annoyingly in front of us.
    The second is more recent and more dear to my heart, which is going on Jul 13th to go on Tower 13 times. The entire day was good--from my icky breakfast (which BassBone has a picture of somewhere) to getting completely drenched on Splash. Little details stand out, which is funny, because I normally only remember the major events of the day.

Aww now I feel all warm and fuzzy thinking about the good times ^^
    dreams. come. true.

• Knows Where His Towel Is

I went backstage once for a school concert, one of my friends who have never been to DL before looks around and says,

"This is AMAZING!"

I felt so proud that MY park gave someone the thought that it was amazing, even the backstage of it.

INTERGALACTIC WRITER FOR THE HITCHHIKER'S GUIDE TO THE GALAXY
    HOOPY FROODS:thinkingofdisney11, DisneyIzz, A113, dmtnt55, MikeSkellington, zephr, Incrediboy, JungleCruiseFan, PerformerInWaiting, MainStreetJake, The Disneylander, littleactressann, DapperJoshua, padgerfan, SS77, DisneyLove, GummiBears_Rock, fangalicious44, animekiti4christ, *disneyprincess*, monorailorange33, Colorized, iskategoofy, stevo505, mandypandy, williamtheking, CaptainEO,Atis, firebolt413, cocoa, WendyInWonderland, ICe101, itsxxdomoxxkun, esquivel

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER!
    ASK ME ANYTHING! :: FORMSPRING.ME
    FOLLOW MY BLOG: <>

• Hooterville, USA

It was the day that me and ole Mary Poppins made out behind Main Street.

That was some kissin'.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• Old Timer

That's easy. The day I met Walt Disney. He was just as nice and easy to talk to as he seemed on TV. It just seemed so natural to be talking to him. He asked me what rides I liked and when I said 'Peter Pan' he said, "That's one of my favorites too!" Now *that's* magic.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NeverNeverland View Post
    *points to avatar*
    *points to sig*
    When something completely unexpected happened.
    That is my best Disneyland memory.
    *points to her avatar*
    *points to her sig*
    When something completely unexpected happened.
    That is my best Disneyland memory.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• Roller Coaster Aficionado

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn, Renaissance Woman View Post
    That's easy. The day I met Walt Disney. He was just as nice and easy to talk to as he seemed on TV. It just seemed so natural to be talking to him. He asked me what rides I liked and when I said 'Peter Pan' he said, "That's one of my favorites too!" Now *that's* magic.
    Wow, that is absolutely amazing. I've heard a few stories from people who got to meet the man behind the mouse. If I could choose to meet any person in history alive or dead Walt would win hands down no contest.

• Minion

honestly lol it could be walking into the brand new toontown when i was way young and it was all colorfull and magical and i got to go see mickey!

or riding in the old subs with my grandma eating peanut butter pretzels from trader joes with my cousins

• ayala high colorguard!

my favorite memory in disneyland would have to be,
    when me, my aunt, sister, cousin, and parents went to disney and experienced things that we dont usually do,
    such as, connoeing, disney's fantasmic, winnie the pooh, and then we moved to DCA and did muppets, monsters inc., and brother bear hiking trail. it was just a great time.

indiana_mickey

• Defying gravity

I have to say that my favorite memory was the 50th anniversary. Getting in line at 6 am (I know, so late compared to most people ), running around for free cupcakes and then being sick of them by the end of the day, the 8-hour merchandise line, the pomp, the circumstance...the memories....

Ah...priceless...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast