Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

• Roller Coaster Aficionado

Re: What's Your Favorite Disneyland Memory?

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyPrincess4590 View Post
    I have to say that my favorite memory was the 50th anniversary. Getting in line at 6 am (I know, so late compared to most people ), running around for free cupcakes and then being sick of them by the end of the day, the 8-hour merchandise line, the pomp, the circumstance...the memories....

Ah...priceless...
    Oh that was a great time!! We got in line at midnight the night before. But I got to say that the 8 hour merchandise line was pretty grueling. Great memory, but I was starving by the time we got to the front. They offered no food except for frozen lemonade to the people in line after the park opened.
    We picked up fast passes for the newly re-opened Space Mountain right after getting our 50th merchandise but they weren't good until 6 p.m. We had not ever been on it since they remodeled it so since we weren't sure how busy the park would be we didn't want to leave for the risk of not being able to get back in due to the park being at maximum capacity.
    Now we had been waiting in the line since the night before at midnight. My wife and I were completely exhausted. So we hopped on the DL railroad and just rode it around the park like 7 or 8 times and got a quick power nap so we could make it till 6 when the fast passes could be used. What a long day, but Wow it was a great memory. If I had it to do it all over again, I wouldn't change a thing.

I have ton of fond memories of disneyland both as a guest and as a CM. I would say my happiest and saddest memory would have to be the last trip I made with my grandmother the year before she passed away. For some reason I felt the need to have lots of pictures that trip. Every year on my birthday trip I stop and pay my respects to her at the partners statue.

• addict.

I'm going to have to say my fav DLR momory would have to be this....

it's 2005 and it's my friend and i's first trip to DLR together. We've got a 3 day hopper, and it's our last day. We ride Splash Mountain and get off with about 3-4 min. left untill DL closes... so we decide we wanna ride Space Mountain one last time before we leave the Happiest Place on Earth. So we run... or she ran... I had flip flops on, so it wasn't working for me very well, but I tried. If you know the park well enough... then you know those two rides are on opposite ends of the park!! Well on our joyous run to SM, she loses her shoe just 30 feet from the line entrance runs about 15 more before she turns back for her shoe! We were pretty determined, afterall it's not like we live close, so it was pretty imparative to squeeze in this Rockin Ride!! Needless to say we didn't make it it was probably 2 min past closing. So after that exhausting run we went and had some delicious ice cream at the Gibson Girl Ice Cream Parlor.

so yeah.... there's my fave DLR memory
    "To all who come to this happy place... welcome."

"Aye... That be true."

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123