Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Roller Coaster Aficionado

Smile What's Your Favorite Disneyland Memory?

Anyone who has ever been to Disneyland has a favorite memory, story or just something wonderful that stands out in their mind. I am interested to hear some good stories.

Was there a CM that went well out of their way for you?
    Did a certain ride or attraction just blow your mind?
    Do you have a funny story about a family member or friend you went with?

I've posted it on a different thread, but my favorite memory was my proposal to my wife at Snow White's Wishing well. I think everyone who happened to walk by that day cried right along with us. Very magical moment.

So come on people lets hear some good stories, I know everyone has one.

• Minion

Re: What's Your Favorite Disneyland Memory?

I have posted this before, but I will gladly do it again!
    In 2005 we were visiting Disneyland for my husbands and 6 year old daughters first time.
    We were watching the Parade of Dreams with much excitement.
    When it was finished my daughter turned to my husband and I and said,"Now I have a Memory".
    Chokes me up to this day!

• Golden State of Mind

Quote Originally Posted by samsma View Post
    In 2005 we were visiting Disneyland for my husbands and 6 year old daughters first time.
    When it was finished my daughter turned to my husband and I and said,"Now I have a Memory".
    thats really cool.

Mine would have to be my first time when i was 7 going around from park opening with my whole family then by closing it was just me and my dad going around all night doing whatever we could leaving nothing to spare. It was great spending the whoooooole day with him there because i don't get to see him as often as i would like.
    Marquis d'Bod of the RCMC... always and forever

• Minion

Thanks MG.
    When I saw you posted after me I was worried!
    Glad you had some extra bonding time with you're Dad!

• Roller Coaster Aficionado

Quote Originally Posted by samsma View Post
    That is such a great story. Isn't it amazing the things children say? What a great memory for you and for her.

After a couple posts I decided to repost my favorite memory (well copy and paste actually) but here it is:

I proposed to my wife at Disneyland. It was her first trip and we went with my entire family (14 people). Anyway first day there I tried to find the most romantic spot to do it and I narrowed it down to two. There is a stairway up to a balcony in a back alley in New Orleans Square with a fountain off to the side very romantic and secluded. But in the end I opted for Snow White's wishing well. The music and the fountain just made for the perfect setting. It was a little unnerving to propose in front of my entire family and my hands were shaking so bad I almost dropped the ring into the fountain. But right as Snow White started singing I turned to her, dropped to one knee, and asked "Will you be my Princess?" You should have seen the waterworks. There were more tears pouring from her face than water from the fountain! It was amazing there was so much magic in the air. Oh and as I was proposing many people stopped to watch and then applauded afterwards.

My husband and I have been to the park a number of times as singles and married (to each other) but the best memories would have to be riding Dumbo for the first time ever for me because of my daughter also the Teacups and Alice. I loved coming home and saying to her that I never rode those rides before, but because of you, I now have this great experince.
    As and aside - Let me just say that for those of you who do not like the Teacups, try riding them at night. I rode them at night and had no problem. Last year I rode them during the day and I was soooo woooozy and I attribute the difference to riding at night - the perspecitive is just different.

• Minion

Coasterfan,What a great story to tell the kids and grandkids!
    Sounds like a Magical memory!

well a couple of my favorite memories are being able to go to the pirates of the carribean 2 and 3 premieres and get to meet some of my fav celebs. Also running into ryan cabrera at the DCA. But probably one of the coolest things I have ever gotten to do at Disneyland was like 2months ago when me and my 2 friends got to ride on the haunted mansion all by ourselves. We got to the ride just as a CM was getting ready to close down for the night but said she would be happy to let us ride. So we were the only ones in the stretching room and on the entire ride, and let me just tell you it is about a billion times scarier when you are all alone.

q
    Last edited by sarah1324; 08-08-2007 at 10:16 PM.

Right now my favorite memory was of our amazing seats in the Disney Gallery balcony on July 28th for the 10:30pm Fantasmic! Great show, great view! I'm gonna miss the gallery very much.
    Permanecer sentado por favor...

• Golden State of Mind

now samsma theres no need to worry every time i post after you

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

I was there the last day CBJ was open. Really kind of a sad feeling. All the shows were packed! Got to really soak in the show and how much the family enjoyed it.

We all had high hopes about Winnie the Pooh. Too bad it didn't live up to expectations.

Chad

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

*points to avatar*
    *points to sig*
    When something completely unexpected happened.
    That is my best Disneyland memory.
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Work-related. Short version...I was a lead dinner cook in the summer of the 25th, 1980, New Orleans Main Kitchen. Because of some worker injuries near the end of that summer, we were all working six-day weeks and OT on many days.

I had day shift 7AM-3:30pm...one Sunday I worked a particularly hard shift, and when I saw my relief lead I knew he was really short-staffed for the night.

I went home (to Garden Grove). By 4-30 I had just settled down with a cold one when the phone rang. They were so desperate...they pleaded with me to come back for as long as I could.

I was back by 5-30 and the ship was sinking. Obviously, we made it...somehow...and I remember by 12:30 AM I was so tired I couldn't move. The night lead and I were talking in the chef's office, and one of our supervisors came in...we started telling jokes and laughing so hard, before we knew it it was 2AM. Lucky I had the next two days off.

I've had many wonderful experiences both as a CM and guest at Disneyland. That one will always be a favorite.

--Barry
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• Golden State of Mind

very nice

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast