Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Banned User

Re: 2008 Multi-Day ParkHopper Prices are announced

Who says The E-Ticket is dead?

• Ohhh baboo :(

10 miles from the DLR. AP Holder for 9 years.

WOW. That's....just.............WOW.

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Darkbeer View Post
    They are in the midst of adding all the info, so this is just the basic stuff, some more details should be up in the next few hours...
    What about the 315-day parkhopper and the 365-day parkhopper?
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sediment View Post
    What about the 315-day parkhopper and the 365-day parkhopper?
    Those are not usually announced in advance, if we are lucky, we will get a few days notice, but they tend to not announce it, since they don't want a rush of people trying to buy/upgrade at the lower price.

But last year, the AP prices (and single day tickets) went up on September 15th (no advance notice). No promises that it will be mid-September this year, but I would say it would be around that time, and that the Premium and Deluxe will go up $10 to $20, with lesser increases to the SoCal versions.

As of single day tickets, Maybe $68 for a one day, one park ticket. That could work with marketing a fall SoCal special, maybe a return of the "Pay for Disneyland, get DCA free" offer for HalloweenTime and Christmas (ending mid-December before Peak starts).
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• Blow me to Bermuda!

Thanks for the info Darkbeer! Just one more piece of the puzzle that is planning our next vacation. lol Hmmm.. thinking that with the two days free, we may just extend our in park time an extra day.

Enjoying the warmth and sunshine of Phoenix between Disney trips.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • isn't an elitist

Wow they already upped the price? I thought it would be in September or October.

Good thing I just re-newed now, even if it's $5 it's less money spent on that and more on something else.
    -Jack
    Doc Brown had 2 Deloreans!

• Closed Account

I know its not that much of a price increase...but still...icky. I don't want to have to pay any more for my little getaways than I have to. At least this is my last year without an AP. It will all be smooth sailing from there...

• Rock Star Minion

Those are not usually announced in advance, if we are lucky, we will get a few days notice, but they tend to not announce it, since they don't want a rush of people trying to buy/upgrade at the lower price.

But last year, the AP prices (and single day tickets) went up on September 15th (no advance notice). No promises that it will be mid-September this year, but I would say it would be around that time, and that the Premium and Deluxe will go up $10 to $20, with lesser increases to the SoCal versions.

As of single day tickets, Maybe $68 for a one day, one park ticket. That could work with marketing a fall SoCal special, maybe a return of the "Pay for Disneyland, get DCA free" offer for HalloweenTime and Christmas (ending mid-December before Peak starts).
    Meh, I just find it interesting that the cost to enter Disneyland can be less than it cost to get into DL in 1982, with the right attitude and motivation. And the time.
    And that an increase in those prioces only means that an extra day has to be planned sometime within a year. Not a big leap for most.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• FastPass n00b

I've already had to skip a trip to Disneyland because it was getting too expensive on a college-student budget. But I don't really think they care since they have like 50,000 other people every day willing to be gouged in the wallet. People are burnt out nowadays, they'll pay almost anything to get some way of forgetting about the modern stresses of traffic and work. I'm not sure if Disney deserves this much money for paying their employees peanuts and taking out a lot of entertainment and attractions over the past 15 years, but it's supply and demand and if 50,000 people are willing to pay hundreds of dollars for their family to visit Disneyland for a day, so be it.

I know if I were Disney and I saw the kind of inelastic demand that people are showing them, I'd hike the prices up even more. It's simple economics and if people show a company that they are *willing* to pay through the nose (like gas for instance), this company has the responsibility to take advantage of that. It doesn't matter if consumers can afford high prices, it matters if they show a willingness to pay for it regardless of how much they grumble...that's why gas prices stay so high even with everyone complaining. The thing to do to lower prices is to simply stop giving the companies so much money. And if you can't do that, then you simply have to accept the concept of inelastic demand and pay whatever a company is asking.

With that being said, I still think it's highway robbery what Disney is doing to the guests at Disneyland. There's just too many people in the United States which means that there's a greater number of people (due to percentages) who are willing to pay higher prices for everything. Sensible-minded people no longer have the power to affect prices anymore.

• Lost in Wonderland

You should be able to get them thru Disneyland.com, travel agents including WDTC and AAA, Disney Stores and some supermarkets.

Currently the only place that I know of that is selling them is Disneyland.com, if you choose the e-ticket (print at home) option, no extra charge or fees.
    Thanks Darkbeer! I appreciate it. And OT but I am very quiet on these boards (I read a lot, but don't respond a lot) I thought it was necessary to tell you I love the pictures you take around Disneyland.

• Disney Starved in AZ

Quote Originally Posted by TiaDalmaFan View Post
    What does the Walt Disney Company have against working class families?

Eisner inspired GREED is left behind even tho he is long gone!

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Athlonacon View Post
    With that being said, I still think it's highway robbery what Disney is doing to the guests at Disneyland. There's just too many people in the United States which means that there's a greater number of people (due to percentages) who are willing to pay higher prices for everything. Sensible-minded people no longer have the power to affect prices anymore.
    1. Don't you worry. At least half (my guess, not a true-life fact) of the guests are not paying nearly as much as the multi-day parkhopper price to enter the park.
    2. Sensible-minded people never had the power to affect prices. Please check out an Economics class at your college for more details.
    3. It is not inelasticity that is causing these price hikes. Some people pay too little to enter DL, and everyone else has to make up the difference.
    4. Lastly, DL is not a necessary good for all people. Certainly its admission price does not affect all prices in the marketplace, as gas prices do. As in basic economic situations, when the price of a good rises, expect fewer people to purchase it. In the case of DL, expect people to find a way around the listed price. DL provides a wonderful (to consumers, not necessarily to itself) alternative.

Quote Originally Posted by mouseinphilly View Post
    Who says The E-Ticket is dead?

nice.
    kingdom hearts <3er

DL prices going up January 3, 2008

According to Mouse Planet, under the DL Park Update August 6, 2007, "Disney has published the 2008 prices for multi-day tickets. The new prices take effect January 3, 2008."

Here's a link so you can read more about it:

http://www.mouseplanet.com/articles.php?art=dl070806xx

If this has already been posted I apologize for repeating it.
    "This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." WD

"Women are the best judges of anything we turn out. Their taste is very important. They are the theatergoers, they are the ones who drag the men in. If the women like it, to heck with the men." WD

Individuality is a great thing....as long as we think alike.

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Re: DL prices going up January 3, 2008

The info from the MP update came from me...

And I posted it here at Mice Chat on July 31st...

http://www.micechat.com/forums/showt...highlight=2008
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast