New equipment in the hub... What's it for?

While waiting for the fireworks show, I noticed a couple of 'new' pieces of equipment. Both are in the north west corner of the hub.

First there is a condenser hidden in the flower bed. Before someone posts it, I'm pretty sure it's not for keeping uncle walt frozen. What else could need cooling in the hub?

I also noticed some big green square things. They are about two feet cubed. I think those could be new speaker/subwoofer enclosures for the show?

Finally take a look up on the light pole in the area. In between the parade lights, there is a clear dome. It looks like an electric meter. Any clues?

Re: New equipment in the hub... What's it for?

let me know if I'm talking about the wrong things here.

Most of those new items that have domes over them are actually the enclosures for the gobo spot lights that project the images on the castle and matterhorn during "Remember..."

There are two very large ones that have been covered by a closable box on either side of the drawbridge, but I haven't seen one on the top of a light pole.

Anyway. this could be it. As far as the compressor... the walt refridgerator woulda been my guess :-)

Quote Originally Posted by ToonFinder
    ..."

There are two very large ones that have been covered by a closable box on either side of the drawbridge, but I haven't seen one on the top of a light pole.
    Yeah, the one on the pole is literally the size of an electric meter enclosure.

• OM NOM NOM

The gear that has been going up is most likely stages and tech equipment for the 17th. They did the same early set-up for the 5th.
    Make something Idiot-Proof, and someone will build a better Idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by eyes_of_mara
    The gear that has been going up is most likely stages and tech equipment for the 17th. They did the same early set-up for the 5th.
    That's what I was thinking.

• Resident Neuroscientist

on a college campus for the rest of my life

The Governator must be kept cool following all that cardiovascular exercise!
    -Kyle, Member of the DCA Lovers Alliance
    I'M GOING TO YALE!!!!!!!

• Rat Tat Tat.

Quote Originally Posted by B52Hbuff
    While waiting for the fireworks show, I noticed a couple of 'new' pieces of equipment. Both are in the north west corner of the hub.

First there is a condenser hidden in the flower bed. Before someone posts it, I'm pretty sure it's not for keeping uncle walt frozen. What else could need cooling in the hub?

I also noticed some big green square things. They are about two feet cubed. I think those could be new speaker/subwoofer enclosures for the show?

Finally take a look up on the light pole in the area. In between the parade lights, there is a clear dome. It looks like an electric meter. Any clues?
    The things on the poles are strobe lights used during Remember (they have little LED's on them too). The square green things are subs, but they've been hidden around for a while now...even into Believe I believe...like hidden in town square under those round benches and things too. Not sure about the condenser though...

• DL ODV CM

Quote Originally Posted by B52Hbuff
    Under that section of the Hub is a pit containing the electrical equipment powering pretty much everything in the hub. The AC system you saw keeps it from overheating.

That and the subwoofers you saw aren't new, but they have previously been hidden by bushes that have since been removed.
    The views and opinions expressed on this post are mine and do not necessarily represent or reflect those of The Walt Disney Company and Affiliated Companies.