Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• Mickey is not my Brother

Re: Ideas for a new Christmas Parade!

Have Stitch on the back of the Gingerbread house eating it

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Several members on the Halloween Parade Armchair Imagineering thread
    "NO STITCH!"
    Point taken from another thread.

• Banned User

I also have come up with another twist on the parade idea. This year, it'll "snow" during the parade at HKDL, so why not have snow falling at DL during the Scent-sational Parade of Holiday Dreams? This way, The Merriest Place on Earth(TM) is guaranteed to have snowfall six times per day - twice in the parade, three times in Winter Enchantment and after the Holiday Fireworks show.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    Yes. Forget the PC stuff. They should march down the street singing, "For Unto Us A Child Is Born" from Handel's Messiah.
    I'm not sure if you were kidding or not. I pray you were.

• Mickey is not my Brother

Quote Originally Posted by mouseinphilly View Post
    Point taken from another thread.

I happen to like Stitch, just like the Japananese

• Magic Making

What about something like the globes in Share a Dream, but instead of characters inside it can be Christmas scenes, with characters on board each. The parade could have a show stop, where it snows in each globe and other animations happen on each unit. Things can open up, things can rise up. It could also be interactive. Pull kids in from the side and have them join in. And each could get a little snack at the end. Elves could hand out candy canes to the little ones.

Each globe could have a random Christmas scene, or a scene related to the characters on it, just turned Christmas.

You could have characters from present and long past riding on board or walking. You could have elves, snowmen, snowflakes, performers on walking stilts playing candy canes, presents.

There could be tweener (tweeners are units between that segway into another themed section of the parade, like the toy blocks in BPB.) units, like trees and presents, that could open up during the show stop to reveal a special scene. Even whilry pod presents.

The parade route could have strobes all along it that would twinkle during the show stop. Also utilizing the snow machines for when the snow globes snow. As well as moving lights to project images on to the route, which could also eb used for the night showings of the day parade.

As for story, the opening unit could have a mother or father with children in front of a fireplace reading from a book. The parent is reading a story of christmas, which is being told through the usage of snow globes in the parade. THe show stop would be the climax of the story. We again could use the books from ACF but with added touches. Above the driver a section of the book would open up to reveil a scene, as if your opening the pages of the book and seeing the story unfold.

See we bring back the usage of story in a creative and fun way to tell a story of Christmas that moves past you as if your are traveling through the pages of the book and experiencing it in full 3D, or i guess you could say 4D.

Back to the opening unit. Instead of a realistic looking scene, have the fireplace be in front of a book at the back with windows inset into the book, as if you are looking though the windows into the story, which is the parade following behind.

Its traditional, yet unique enough to draw you in. The story line gives you something to follow instead of, "OH LOOK UNITS...THEMED TO CHRISTMAS".

Now if they decide to bring Wintertime Enchantment all the way down Main Street next year, this could make for a wonderful holiday experience no one will forget.
    Last edited by SparkyLD; 12-09-2007 at 10:26 PM.

• Magic Making

Thats my allotment of brain power for the day.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
    I'm not sure if you were kidding or not. I pray you were.
    Thanks for bumping this up Sparky. I didn't realize you responded CA. And how un PC to be praying. LOL

Well, "For Unto Us A Child Is Born" is a part of Handel's Messiah. So musically speaking, it is a great piece of music, religious or not. But yah. I'm kidding -- I was just trying to think of the most religious-based Christmas related song I can think of.

• Magic Making

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    Thanks for bumping this up Sparky. I didn't realize you responded CA. And how un PC to be praying. LOL

Well, "For Unto Us A Child Is Born" is a part of Handel's Messiah. So musically speaking, it is a great piece of music, religious or not. But yah. I'm kidding -- I was just trying to think of the most religious-based Christmas related song I can think of.
    I try

• Magic Making

WOW dead thread!!

• Magic Making

I guess no one wants to comment on my idea.

• Magic Making

More ideas and drawings to come soon.

• Magic Making

OK so I have reworked the parade a bit.

The title I have come up with is "A Christmas Wish"

To tie the new castle lighting into the parade, I came up with this:

The boy first dreams of wishing for snow, which is what the parade tells. The parental figure on the opening unit is the mother from the show, telling a story of snow to the boy, which makes him want snow. The next unit could be the boys bedroom showing him sleeping, dreaming of snow. The rest of the parade would show the boys dreams of what he would do in the snow, through snow globes.

Then later on in the evening the boy finally wishes for snow and it actually happens , building up on the castle, and if they bring it down main street, on main street as well. This way we understand why the boy wants it to snow, but telling it not through a show, but through a parade/show.

Now the only thing I don't know how to work out is the two showings, 3:30 and 6:30. With the first castle show at 5:30, then the next parade at 6:30, we don't want to tell the same story again after the boy got his wish he dreamed for, then see the boy again dream for snow. WAIT!!..... The boy wishes for more snow in Act 2, so it works out.
    Last edited by SparkyLD; 01-23-2008 at 10:15 PM.

•   
    • Senior Minion

Blog Entries

I just read your last posting that is great.
    AKfandisney Have a Magic Disney day șoș 2010
    Alan

Toy Story Mania construction:
    Older photo
    New Photo

Member of
    MiceChat WDW Trip
    Next trip
    2014 Feb 8-9

• Magic Making

Well Thank You.