Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

• Magic Making

Re: Ideas for a new Christmas Parade!

Ok, so a friend of mine and I worked on a intro speech to the parade.

So without further ado here you are:

"Greetings, one and all! And welcome to this most festive season. At this magical time of year, people from all around gather together to share in their comfort. Every so often this season becomes full of magic, where your inner most holiday wish can come true. That special toy, or even an enchanting white Christmas.

"One very special Christmas began with just a wish, a wish for a white Christmas, of snow and icicles. A young boy dreamed of snow upon a Christmas Eve night, a Christmas of white."

"We welcome you now, to share in the holiday delight, this A Christmas Wish."
    Last edited by SparkyLD; 01-29-2008 at 04:09 AM.

• Magic Making

I know this is a little late for more christmas parade ideas, but i continued working on my original idea depicted in posts above.

Hope you enjoy

"A Christmas Wish"

Parade Line Up
    Opening Unit
    Snowflake Dancers
    Snow Globe Unit (Scene Depiction - Dream of Snowfall)
    Snowball Whirly Pods w/ Snow Creatures on top
    Snow Fairy Dancers
    Snow Globe Unit (Scene Depiction – Dream of Ice Skating)
    Icicle Stilt Walkers
    Flocked Tree Unit (no décor)
    Snow Fairy Dancers
    Snow Globe Unit (Scene Depiction – Dream of Sledding)
    Snow Creature Dancers
    Flocked Tree Unit (no décor)
    Ice Crystal Unit (LED lighting inside)
    Snowflake Dancers
    Snow Globe Unit (Scene Depiction – Dream of Building Snowmen)
    Snowmen Puppets (Tapestry of Nations in design)
    Ice Crystal Unit
    Snow Ball Whirly Pods (No performers on top)
    Snowflake Dancers
    Snow Globe Unit (Scene Depiction – Dream of Snow Ball Fights)
    Snow Fairy Dancers
    Snow Play Unit (Boy playing in the snow)

A small gap in the parade after this section may be left to end with a more traditional Christmas/Character ending. From here line up will be as follows:

Elf Dancers
    Character Unit
    Court Dancers
    Princess Unit
    Elf Dancers
    Santa Unit
    Rope Tenders

Show Stop Description

During the show stop certain units will transform, shoot “snowfetti”, and mist up. This is the part of the show where the boy begins dreaming of what he will do in the snow that he wished for. The snow globes during the middle of the show stop will open and reveal the boys dream come coming to life. At the end of the show stop, from the scenes depicted in each globe will shoot “snowfetti out of them.

As the globe opens, a light CO2 mist will come pouring out of the bottom portion of the globe. Throughout the snow areas featured on the various units, will be LED strobes behind a portion that is a frosted see-through material to back light sections for a “snow glow’ effect. All along the parade route will be strobe light hidden in trees, on various buildings, and in bushes. This will create a dream like effect for the beginning and ending of the show stop.

There are two Ice Crystal Units (similar to the crystals found in the Matterhorn) with LED Lighting inside to change it colors. Also LED strobes will be inside to create a sparkle effect, as if the crystals were being moved in front of a beam of light.
    Along the Parade route newer lighting will be installed to feature color changers and Intelligent lighting. The Intelligent fixtures will create pools of gobo washes along the route, as well as prismatic snow gobos that will rotate across the street as well. The color changers will act as GI lighting (General Illumination) as well as color washes. Existing Thomas Engineering PAR 64s may be used as well, fitted with Coloram II Scrollers. Effects Projectors would also be utilized to create a star field effect down the route, on trees, up building facades, etc. Most of the parade lighting will be utilized more for night showings. This will give guests something to look forward to at night.

Once the show stop ends, the globes would close back up, and the lighting would change, slowly, back to normal parade lighting.

Character Descriptions
    Snow Fairy - magical creatures with inspiration drawn from the winter fairies in “Fantasia”. They can create frosted winter wonderlands, make magical snow flurries, and spread joy and cheer to all.
    Snow Creatures – these magical fellows or little snow wizards, with inspiration drawn from Winter in Rakin/Bass’s production of “Santa Claus is Coming to Town”. These creatures will play a role as keepers of the magical snow and ice.
    Snowflake Dancers - These snowy objects would be similar to the costumes used in “A Christmas Fantasy Parade”, but they won’t be on the performers back, yet the performer becomes the snow flake.
    Icicle Stilt Walkers – These inanimate objects brought to life, will bring a sense of coldness to the performance. There costumes resembling many icicle like elements, will be metallic in nature, and shiny in every way possible.
    Snowmen Puppets – These puppets will be large and similar to Tapestry of Nations puppets (more so wiggle girl). These snowmen will be fully blown winter snow men, no button eyes and mouth, no carrot noses. These two puppets will be snowier than fantasy.

I have a friend right now working on a 3D render of the opening unit. I have some inspiration pics, and a very bad rushed sketch i did of the opening unit. I also have a title logo I created for the parade as well that I will post soon.

Sorry for bringing up a old thread way past its season, but I kept on working, and I will continue to, until have a fully developed parade.
    Last edited by SparkyLD; 01-29-2008 at 02:57 PM.

• Magic Making

I decided to post the pictures now

Snow Fairy Dancer costume

Icicle Stilt Walker

Fantasia ice fairies

Winter Character used as inspiration for the snow creatures

My very rushed, crappy drawing of the opening unit (3D rendering for this will come soon)

Those are inspiration images, and some other parade related images.
    Last edited by SparkyLD; 01-29-2008 at 02:53 PM.

• Magic Making

Im currently working with Steve Ambielli (www.steveambielli.com) on the score for this. I sent him all my information I have for this, and he was intrested, now he is looking for more information.

• Banned User

Good luck, my friend.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345