Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

• Banned User

Ideas for a new Christmas Parade!

Okay, Armchair Imagineers...

Here's a challenge for you.

A new Disneyland Christmas Parade entitled "Christmas Dreams Come True".

First, a couple ground rules. Mickey and four of the other Fab Six (Minnie, Donald and Daisy) must be on the second float (the first after the introductory float) and Santa must be the last float, with Mrs. Claus next to last. Also, somewhere in the parade, you must have the following:
    • The Toyland Band.
    • All the Princesses together on a float. Their Princes and support characters can be included.
    • A float all of the Magical characters (Tink, the good fairies from Sleeping Beauty, other Disney Fairies and the Blue Fairy).
    • A float from Goofy's Candy Company with Das Goof, Pluto, Chip and Dale.
    • The Gingerbread People and Snowmen.
    • Woody, Buzz and Jessie from Toy Story on their float along with Pinocchio and Pan.

So, put your thinking ears on and start imagineering!
    Last edited by mouseinphilly; 08-10-2007 at 10:52 AM.

• Banned User

Re: Ideas for a new Christmas Parade!

Well, since none of us want to do something, how about some new ideas for this parade:
    • How about putting Remy, Emil and Linguini on the gingerbread house float?
    • Or maybe a "Chirstmas in Wonderland" float with Alice and the crew? (Including the debut of a Cheshire Cat athmosphere character.) Instead of painting the roses red, they paint them different colors.
    • Lest we forget, the previously mentioned Goofy's Candy Company float with the sweet smell of peppermint?

Got a better idea? Let me know here.

• Don't Mess With The Duck!

I think the reason nobody participated in this thread was because you originally put too many rules into the game. Let's start from scratch. Make a new parade for Christmas with no rules. I'll start thinking.

...Joe...

• All You Need is Love!

^And the parade you described is pretty much how the one is now. Minus the magical character float. But those characters appear at other parts of the parade.
    (\_/) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
    (='.'=) signature to help him gain world domination

• Banned User

So, here's my plan. The parade is called "Parade of Holiday Dreams", and would consist of a few elements borrowed from Paris and Tokyo, and also borrows from the current PoD.

The idea for this parade is releasing surprise scents through the parade, simluar to Disneyland Paris' "Once Upon A Dream" parade, plus borrow one or two elements from Tokyo's parade. Here's the lineup:
    • The opening float is the same as PoD, but is Christmas-themed.
    • The Toy Soldier band follows.
    • A Gazebo decorated in holiday decor that gives scents of pine released in the air with Mickey, Minnie, Donald and Daisy on board. Snowmen and women dance alongside along with those kitchy dancing trees.
    • "Alice's Winter Wonderland" follows with Alice, Hatter, the Tweedles, Queen of Hearts, the cards and the return after nearly three decades of the Cheshire Cat athmosphere character as they are painting the roses different colors. This is based on a Christmas Card that Disney sent last year and the Painting the Roses Red scene from the movie. Flowery (poinsettia) scents are released from this float. As with the regular PoD float, Alice and Hatter are miked for sound.
    • The expanded two-part Princess float follows with Ariel (in her mermaid form), Snow White, Cinderella and Belle on the first part, and Jasmine, Mulan, Pocohantas and Aurora on board the second part. Princes and support characters are along side, with the float releasing cinnamon scents. All the princesses would be miked as well.
    • Casey Jr. will return to the parade lineup pulling Mickey's Toy Express, a reminder of the Toys for Tots campaign featuring Pinocchio and Geppeto, Woody, Buzz, Jessie and Bullet, and Pooh and the Hundred Acre Wood characters, along with other toy characters. Santa's elves will be dancing along side as the train releases a surprise scent.
    • The Goofy's Candy Company float, proposed in the Halloween Parade ideas, would return in this parade with Goofy, Pluto and Chip and Dale, releasing peppermint scents.
    • A new and improved Gingerbread House float (with the dancing cookies) featuring Emil, Remy and Linguini from Ratatouille appears with a gingerbread scent released throughout.
    • The traditional Santa Claus finale is expanded to add Mrs. Claus on the float on a seat below Santa's sleigh at the Claus' residence - an clear "ice castle" that changes light - and releases another surprise scent.

So, what do you think?
    Last edited by mouseinphilly; 08-29-2007 at 02:39 PM.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's knittingknurse now.

Blog Entries

I'm not a big parade person (blame it on being jaded by the amazingness of the Rose Parade), but how about this:
    -The train from the Parade of Dreams leading the way, except instead of Peter Pan, have an elf with another elf sitting on top with the naughty and nice list. Have all the Disney characters on the long list. Oh! Have it on old computer paper! Have that elf saying "Goofy nice! Scar naughty!" etc
    -Keep the Mickey ice skating. Add Daisy and Donald.
    -The snowmen
    -My favorite Goofy short was when Goofy was doing winter sports, so have him on top of a "hill" in skis and just standing there wobbling. Have Max say something like "come on Dad! Do it!"
    -Have Genie in a little cart riding, the carpet? On a snow cloud covered in snowflakes. Have him say things like "This isn't the weather in Agrabaha! Where are you taking me Carpet?"
    -Aladdin and Jasmine with the other Princesses (gag!), on some sort of gazebo... I don't know. I don't like the Princesses.
    Now insert the quasi-funness...
    -Villians float. They are reading the naughty nice list and squaking at it.
    -Toy soliders
    -Toy Story float, maybe them building something from Tinkertoys, a roller coaster? With little Remy and his brother riding it.
    -Gingerbread people dancing
    -Mrs. Claus being the architect and bossing random Disney characters to build a gingerbread house.
    -The fairy magical float...
    -And because fairy, tooth fairy... magical creatures lead you to the one person we've been waiting for Santa.

• Banned User

Well, knerd, I must agree on the idea of putting elves in place of Pan and Tink. But like a bad facelift, the Christmas Fantasy Parade is showing its' age.

Which is why the name change and the something old (new and improved Gingerbread House, Toy Soldier band) and lot new (Christmas in Wonderland, Santa's new Ice Castle - which will really pop out in the nighttime and characters in new locations), kinda like what I spoke of in the Halloween Parade Idea thread as a Chinese restaraunt - one from Column A, two from Column B.

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

My idea for a Christmas Parade is that it only run ONCE daily. I love a good parade, but frankly, there's just too much chaos on Main Street and throughout Disneyland when a parade is going on.......so I say they should limit it to once a day.

• All You Need is Love!

Quote Originally Posted by mouseinphilly View Post
    So, here's my plan. The parade is called "Holiday Parade of Dreams", and would consist of a few elements borrowed from Paris and Tokyo, and also borrows from the current PoD.

The idea for this parade is releasing surprise scents through the parade, simluar to Disneyland Paris' "Once Upon A Dream" parade, plus borrow one or two elements from Tokyo's parade. Here's the lineup:
    • A Gazebo decorated in holiday decor that gives scents of pine released in the air with Mickey, Minnie, Donald and Daisy on board. Snowmen and women dance alongside along with those kitchy dancing trees.
    • "Christmas in Wonderland" follows with Alice, Hatter, the Tweedles, Queen of Hearts, the cards and the return after nearly three decades of the Cheshire Cat athmosphere character as they are painting the roses different colors. This is based on a Christmas Card that Disney sent last year and the Painting the Roses Red scene from the movie. Flowery scents are released from this float. As with the regular PoD float, Alice and Hatter are miked for sound.
    • The expanded two-part Princess float follows with Ariel (in her mermaid form), Snow White, Cinderella and Belle on the first part, and Jasmine, Mulan, Pocohantas and Aurora on board the second part. Princes and support characters are along side, with the float releasing cinnamon scents. All the princesses would be miked as well.
    • Casey Jr. will return to the parade lineup pulling Mickey's Toy Express, a reminder of the Toys for Tots campaign featuring Pinocchio and Geppeto, Woody, Buzz, Jessie and Bullet, and Pooh and the Hundred Acre Wood characters, along with other toy characters. Santa's elves will be dancing along side as the train releases a surprise scent.
    • The Goofy's Candy Company float, proposed in the Halloween Parade ideas, would return in this parade with Goofy, Pluto and Chip and Dale, releasing peppermint scents.
    • A new and improved Gingerbread House float (with the dancing cookies) featuring Emil, Remy and Linguini from Ratatouille appears with a gingerbread scent released throughout.
    • The traditional Santa Claus finale is expanded to add Mrs. Claus on the float on a seat below Santa's sleigh at the Claus' residence - an clear "ice castle" that changes light - and releases another surprise scent.
    So, what do you think?
    I like this idea. I keeps the spirit of the old parade but gives it new life. Just make it a little longer and it will be perfect.

BTW: am I the only one who laughed at "All the princesses will be milked"?
    (\_/) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
    (='.'=) signature to help him gain world domination

I would love to see Mary Poppins and Bert appear in the parade, perhaps in a classy London holiday segment. The front of a new float could feature London lampposts and chimneys in the snow, with Mary in her coat and Bert as a sweeper. Penguins would march ahead of the float. and then the back of the float, or another segment could perhaps feature the Darling Children and Peter Pan, or Winnie the Pooh with a large snowy oak tree as the centerpiece...?

• "I Break Things"

Quote Originally Posted by mouseinphilly View Post
    So, here's my plan. The parade is called "Holiday Parade of Dreams", and would consist of a few elements borrowed from Paris and Tokyo, and also borrows from the current PoD.

The idea for this parade is releasing surprise scents through the parade, similar to Disneyland Paris' "Once Upon A Dream" parade, plus borrow one or two elements from Tokyo's parade. Here's the lineup:
    • "Christmas in Wonderland" follows with Alice, Hatter, the Tweedles, Queen of Hearts, the cards and the return after nearly three decades of the Cheshire Cat atmosphere character as they are painting the roses different colors. This is based on a Christmas Card that Disney sent last year and the Painting the Roses Red scene from the movie. Flowery scents are released from this float. As with the regular PoD float, Alice and Hatter are miked for sound.
    So, what do you think?
    Fun, however if you are going to redo a parade I believe you should start from scratch. I am always saddened when they chose to recycle parade floats instead of designing a truly original parade.

Quote Originally Posted by knittingknerd View Post
    I'm not a big parade person (blame it on being jaded by the amazingness of the Rose Parade), but how about this:
    -The train from the Parade of Dreams leading the way, except instead of Peter Pan, have an elf with another elf sitting on top with the naughty and nice list. Have all the Disney characters on the long list. Oh! Have it on old computer paper! Have that elf saying "Goofy nice! Scar naughty!" etc...

Now insert the quasi-fun-ness...
    -Villains float. They are reading the naughty nice list and squawking at it.
    -Toy soldiers
    -Toy Story float, maybe them building something from Tinkertoys, a roller coaster? With little Remy and his brother riding it.
    -Gingerbread people dancing
    -Mrs. Claus being the architect and bossing random Disney characters to build a gingerbread house.
    -The fairy magical float...
    -And because fairy, tooth fairy... magical creatures lead you to the one person we've been waiting for Santa.
    I love the addition of the Villains, Even if it adds tremendously to the parade time. I feel they have a distinct following, Holidays are about good vs bad, and I feel it would add more then it would take away. Personally I would love the Villain Shop back as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyland Daddy View Post
    My idea for a Christmas Parade is that it only run ONCE daily. I love a good parade, but frankly, there's just too much chaos on Main Street and throughout Disneyland when a parade is going on.......so I say they should limit it to once a day.
    I'll agree with one minor change... ONCE nightly... if it is to run once then take advantage of the cool night air and amazing lighting effects, followed by fireworks and laundry detergent blown in the air.

Quote Originally Posted by tonythetigerasn View Post
    I would love to see Mary Poppins and Bert appear in the parade, perhaps in a classy London holiday segment. The front of a new float could feature London lampposts and chimneys in the snow, with Mary in her coat and Bert as a sweeper. Penguins would march ahead of the float. and then the back of the float, or another segment could perhaps feature the Darling Children and Peter Pan, or Winnie the Pooh with a large snowy oak tree as the centerpiece...?
    Interesting. I would love to see a variety of characters that have been "retired" including the cast of
    • Robin Hood
    • Sword in the Stone
    • Jungle Book
    • Aristocats
    • Lady and the Tramp
    • The Rescuers
    • Hunchback of Notre Dame
    • Hercules
    • Lion King
    • Mulan
    • The cast of Song of the South (I realize the movie was racist, I was talking about Bluebird, Bear, Fox, and Rabbit specifically... nothing else)
    • Roger Rabbit (toss a holiday Roger and Jessica in Cabbie!)
    Also toss in Cars, Monsters Inc., and 1 or 2 from MSEP!

Having such a huge cast would make any float based parade complicated so I propose to have the majority be walking characters. Limit the floats specifically to the Disney 6, Princesses, Villians, and Santa!
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

• "I Break Things"

I also think it would be a good idea to have some performers take on the role of "general character". Meaning each night they are someone different. This would allow a mixture similar to the finale of Fantasmic, and really bring out the characters we don't see that often. This would only apply to the "secondary" characters (meant in word only I love a lot who would be on that list). Have the primary characters and floats set in stone, but mix up the characters that walk between them. I am sure they could come up with generalized choreography that would look good and allow such an eclectic mix.

• Defying gravity

I would like a parade name without the word "Dreams."

Is that even possible anymore?

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyPrincess4590 View Post
    I would like a parade name without the word "Dreams."

Is that even possible anymore?
    You are so funny - and so right.

Why can't it just be "Disneyland Christmas Parade"

Why does 'dreams' have to come into play with everything?

Why can't there be a "Disneyland's Parade of Nightmares?"

Can you imagine? The whole parade would be nothing but Tomorrowland 98 floats - representing the disaster that it is.

• "I Break Things"

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyland Daddy View Post
    You are so funny - and so right.

Why can't it just be "Disneyland Christmas Parade"

Why does 'dreams' have to come into play with everything?

Why can't there be a "Disneyland's Parade of Nightmares?"

Can you imagine? The whole parade would be nothing but Tomorrowland 98 floats - representing the disaster that it is.

They had that already... called it Light Magic! They could also have a DCA parade, where the floats are half finished and half of them won't start but they all have a Disney logo and the merchandise for the parade has been in the store for 5 months before the parade even stepped off!

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast