Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• The Yodelin' Cowgirl

Blog Entries

A KC Trip Report: Sunday, July 29th (feat: Nemo, Pirates, Toon Town and More)

Hey folks, finally got some time to put together my trip report from this weekend.
    It was a crazy weekend we refered to as the IWWOF (but that's another story) Friday was spent at Sea World and Saturday was Comic Con (see that TR is here: http://www.micechat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=72959) Anyway, I was staying in San Diego, so Sunday morning we rolled out blaring Animaniacs songs and traveled the 2 hrs to DL.

We were sent to the Timon lot (I honestly think I've never parked there)

After big problems with guest services, a jerky supervisor, and $126 we shouldn't had to have spent we finally made it into the park.

The band was out (With Alice and the Mad Hatter)

And it was off to the 2 hr long line of doom!!!!!
    It's so long they don't even list a time:

We started playing "Find the Nemo" in the line
    Here's one:

And another

And another

And another

And there's these

And my favorite one:

Waiting in line there was a photopass person
    (Yes we are nerd and we are wearing matching shirts)

My fishy earrings:

Julie's bracelet (name that character! She actually drew these)

Sub thru a waterfall

There were lots of Matterhorn shots... cause there wasn't much else to look at

They're soooo creepy!!!

Finally after two hours of heat stroke and whale speaking to CMs we reached the ride
    The view from my porthole

Darla

The diver... you've seen all these b4 haven't you?

Once inside the show building my pics went to hell. This is probably the clearest

KC's overal review: It's cute. That's all I kept saying after the ride was over. It's a cute little attraction... I enjoy that there's something in the lagoon... but other than that, eh? It's definitely not worth the 2hr wait and the heat stroke. The effects were really awesome, can't lie about that! It's just a glorified dark ride really. I still think my friend put it best "I've seen Finding Nemo, I didn't need to wait 2 hrs to sit in a tin can and watch it again." It's kinda harsh but it sums it up pretty well..... plus the ending was so confusing (I mean I understood it, but I was paying attention.. I'm not sure the average guest would) [/rant]

So our original plan was to find some place cool and we thought ooohh Tiki Room. But we wanted to stop by Space to to get fastpasses. Sadly it was donw So it was off to Adventureland

Ahhh, life giving Dole Whip

We're good at taking bad pics (this one makes me laugh though)

One of my fave shots (I love Julie's camera)

Shpadow Hoing!! (random Darkwing Duck reference... i don't expect anyone to understand :P)

In da Tiki room

Let's all drink what the birdies drink

After a quick painful spin on the Jungle Cruise (the skipper was just blah!)
    Julie and Scott looking more entertained than we really were

We hit up NOS (pirates, Mansion etc)
    Not sure why I look so upset

Chillin in the Court of Angels... where it's a miracle if you get out alive (We had a random HBoND moment... I will never be able to go there without singing that song again)

Scott examining a bag

and the unfortunate accident that killed him.... sorta

Then it was off to lunch
    looking upset after some inappropriate comments :P

And now for a short break... well be back with random happenings on TSI: Pirates Lair, Toon Town and other random-ness ^_^

• Picturing the Magic

Re: A KC Trip Report: Sunday, July 29th (feat: Nemo, Pirates, Toon Town and More)

great nemo pics...I've never seen the "hidden" fish drawings in the line

(Sign up and search "Splashmoun10")

I use a Nikon D50 with a 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 ED AF-S DX Zoom-Nikkor Lens and a Zoom-Nikkor 70-300m f/4-f/5.6 G

Check out my latest TR (August 4th---August 11th) at Disneyworld!

Check out my latest TR (January 4th) at Disneyland!

Re: A KC Trip Report: Sunday, July 29th (feat: Nemo, Pirates, Toon Town and More)

Like it so far. I like the photo booth style photos. Thanks for posting

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Very good TR. You have a wonderful sense of humor!

Chad

• Wonderful World

Can't wait for more photo's. I had no clue they had nemo's you could find while waiting in line. Learn something new every day!
    I'm back MiceChat

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kuzcochik View Post
    Julie's bracelet (name that character! She actually drew these)
    Is that Fenton, whose alter ego is Gizmoduck (who, coincidentally, is on the right)?
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• Shubisha

you were there on a sunday and didn't come say hi?:P

• The Yodelin' Cowgirl

Blog Entries

Quick Notes: Yoyo was correct on the bracelet! Huzzah
    Almandot: would that I could have, but we were in that Nemo line for so long that by the time we got to the hub, the meet was over
    Also glad you all appreciate my sense of humor, usually I figure I'm just entertaining myself ^_~

All right here comes Part 2

Julie & Scott hadn't been to Pirates Lair yet so after Mansion we hopped on a raft and headed over to The Island (which must be said in the creepy way of that one simpson's episode).
    It was off to Dead Man's Grotto first

I still think it's weird that all the treasure in that first alcove w/ Pintell and Ragetti looks like it belongs to Elizabeth Swann... I guess it makes sense cause they're both totally in love with her (cause apparently all POTC men love Liz)

We wandered around for a bit. Playing with the water pumps, crossing the pontoon bridge, heading thru some other caves and then reaching the back of the island where the good captain was hanging out.
    Photos curtousy of some nice CMs

There was a bit of fun between Jack and the video camera and then he had to leave

So we posed w/ the gold (silly pirate... never leave your gold unattended around other pirates)

One of my favorite of the other pirates... he was very polite for a pirate

Julie and I with our tough pirate faces

We ran around a little more (most of that is on tape and lame/hilarious) then we decided to watch the Stunt show. It's pretty cute. I really hate the girl (not the actress so much as the character itself) she's like bad fanfiction.

Did anyone else notice that the barrels are now missing near Lafiette's Tavern?
    Anyway, we decided to choose our weapons

Ready for the funniest thing I saw that day? Okkay seriously, was it that hard to find a piece of rope? I mean duck tape fixes everything but it doesn't fit into themeing!!! I think we had rope in our freaking car

It was back across the river and up to visit the gallery one more time. So upsetting. There just seemed to be this thick air of sadness about the place
    I really like this shot

And I still want this

Sadness

The last time I'll get to be up there (esp cause the way YOAMD's has been going for me there's no way in hell I'm winning the stay up there)

More sadness

Bye- bye Gallery

So after that wonderfully exciting experience it was off to Indy
    We got the first row and Scott drove. Apparently some idiot looked into the eyes of the temple god and we were sent into peril. Luckily despite his usual lack of skills in driving, Scott got us out of there.

Just call me Arizona Jones.... or something like that

Playing with snakes... cause we're cool

We headed over to Tomorrowland (barely catching the end of the Ratatouille pre-parade.. so cute) and hopped on a Star speeder to Endor

And then helped Buzz and the LGM

Scott beat me but there's no proof in this pic so :P

All right. That's it for a little while. More random-ness, Toon Town, and Nighttime at DL coming later ^_^

• Shablagoo!

Excellent report. I see you are all in your new Disney Store Disney Studio Collection shirts. Aren't they awesome?

• Resident DL'er

awesome report as always, KC. looking forward to the rest!

• Don't mess with the duck!

Quite a fun-filled, entertaining TR! Did not know about the lil' Nemo fishes. I learn something new every day, thanks.

if that gizmoduck/fenton was mass produced by your friend - i'd totally buy one!!! so awesome!!!

great tr so far. i look forward to the toontown madness!

kingdom hearts <3er

• For You!

I too like the matching shirts! You guys look like you're having so much fun!

Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

• Adventurer Slash Explorer

I have that Alice shirt.

You look like you really enjoy yourself.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

What a fun report!
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast