Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Sock Puppet

Is the StarCade a waste?

Not being a fan of video games, it has been eons since I stepped foot into the Starcade. If I remember correctly, it only 1 level now. I know video games are popular but nowadays everybody and their mother has an X Box or Play Station. Is the space used by the Starcade a good investment? Do the arcade games in there, that can be found anywhere, make enough money daily to justify taking up to levels of Tomorrowland property? Just curious...

San Soo Justin

• Social Imagineer

Re: Is the StarCade a waste?

I have ALWAYS thought this area was a waste. You can find video arcades anywhere, so why one in Disneyland?

Answer is twofold: It's always been popular at Disneyland, and it brings in tons of money for Disneyland. End.

• șoș Tom șoș

Why not make the upstairs into a decent themed restraunt with outdoor sitting the could occupy certain portions of that giant patio?

• Minion

I agree, although arcades are becoming harder and harder to find. The area could be a lot more useful. After you've spent over $50 to get in... why would you want to pay to play videogames?

• rainy day girl

Blog Entries

Never underestimate the powerful allure of air hockey.
    Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

• șoș Tom șoș

I like airhockey and the alike but they don't have skeeball so frankly its a waste to me...Tell ya what Disney suits- build a really kick *** decent arcade in downtown Disney- see also Dave and Busters...

Then take the bottom floor and expand the majority of the gift shop for both Space Mtn and Star Tours back there...then remove the back end of the Star Tours for expansion space.

Place restraunt upstairs, themed to Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. Remove Hista. Replace with something that is repeatable. Then remove Innoventions, insert original DL TL ride that we can be proud of. Yeah the end.

• Minion

I've always thought the Starcade was a waste a space for the following reasons:
    1. The games aren't unique
    2. Besides the fact their electronic they really don't fit in the theme of TL (compared to the FL shooting gallery which much better fits into theme of that land)
    3. Also compared to other arcades the games in my opinion are more expensive.

I would much rather see the land used for other things. The ideas in ah shucks post would be a good way to start!

• Sock Puppet

Why is the answer always to tear down HISTA? That means I'll be cross trained on a new ride where I probably wouldn't be able to speak OR dance. So yeah, I'm going to start the SAVE HISTA campaign.

• șoș Tom șoș

Quote Originally Posted by THE BOB
    Why is the answer always to tear down HISTA? That means I'll be cross trained on a new ride where I probably wouldn't be able to speak OR dance. So yeah, I'm going to start the SAVE HISTA campaign.
    Dude...Bob they will probably offer your grievance classes, it will be ok.

• Mr. Toad's Wild Tongue

I'm hoping the upstairs will be used for the planned (or hopefully planned) new peoplemover ride. Not sure what they can use it for... um a scene from Tron? :P Next time you may not fare so well.

• insufferable know-it-all

The starcade is, well, WAS, popular with kids while waiting in line for Space. Mom and Dad would stand in line while the kids ran off to play video games, or, better yet, AIR HOCKEY!

Frankly, up until they day they removed my precious air hockey tables (it had already been long since they'd abandoned maintaining them), the arcade was a draw for me. Who could resist those GOOD, METAL, FULL-SIZE air hockey tables with the proper hard (yellow) pucks? Compared to the wee ones you find in most arcades today, barely larger than a student desk with a puck so soft you couldn't score a goal on anyone with a pulse, those proper air hockey tables were divine in any shape.

All I want is my good air hockey tables back!

Leaving the space empty like the upstairs is, now that's a waste.

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

• Be-Bop Bear

Avondale, AZ (but wishing I was in Anaheim...)

^Yes.

I think that the whole area surrounding Space Mountain is a waste of space. I mean, look at the big roof area where you que for Space Mountain. They painted a big launch pad symbol on it. WooHoo! That's progress.

I say gut the Starcade, rework the lines for Space Moutain, maybe replace that horrible shrinking movie, and use that prime real estate for something truly spectacular.
    "George Bush... is only for now."
    Avenue Q

Just because it's gone doesn't mean I changed my mind!

• Feel the breeze!

Quote Originally Posted by sunnygirl
    Never underestimate the powerful allure of air hockey.
    DDR > air hockey

• Nela25

When I was a kid my mom & dad would never let us go into Starcade, she said we could play video games at home!! She was right! : )

• And they call me Mad!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Soulquarian
    After you've spent over $50 to get in... why would you want to pay to play videogames?
    Exactly
    What an idiot....

Yeah, I do that Twitter thing.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast