Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• On A Disney World Tour...

Why not have Star Tours let you Pick the Destination ?

They're gonna build a new star tours, this rumor we can start to believe. Now instead of scratching down all of the old simulators to make way for the new ones, coudn't they just keep like 2 from the old fleet and have people still be able to ride the old version ?
    That would plus the attraction bundle by giving people a choice of destination like we all DREEAAAMED of as kids when watching the exit posters...
    And that would also lever off some pressure on the new ride as people not eager to wait for hours will just stick with the old Endor ride and still amaze their kids.

Cuz we have to admit that Star Tours is not just Back to the Future. It's a great attraction, even today and still gives the Wow to modern kids, even the "Playsation Blazé" ones. We all know how it would work, people would wait in line to do the new star tours, and then back in the afternoon, settle for 15 minutes line and do the old one.
    The only problem is if the old version is still successful, then with only 2 simulators that might still make long lines and do no real relief for the new version lines...

Anyway, i'm no imagineer, i cannot plan this all through, but I think if possible and viable, Disney should keep a few simulators for the reasons I just mentioned. Beside, if the old ride is not successful, or the system of choice put in place a total mess, they can still tear down the 2 simulators left, and give the successful new version 2 extra shuttles....

What do people think ?
    Comparing the world's 5 Magic Kingdoms on my blog : 5 Kingdoms

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

Re: Why not have Star Tours let you Pick the Destination ?

I've always wanted to have different tours to go on. As a kid, I always wondered why they showed the different tours, but we always went to Endor?

But, I don't think that they should have some stay the same, and some be the new version, or anything like that. I think they sould re-film the current tour, so that it would be as good looking as the new ones, but throw it in a mixed bag of tours that the shuttles would randomly pick from. That would be a great way to do it, IMO. New ride, awesome experience, but every now and then, you'd get to go on the 'original' tour. Just my thoughts...

• Minion

i think it would be easier if they were randomly picked like indiana jones 3 doors lol

but yes they need to have multiple and NO 3d EFFECTS!

• Once A Skip Always A Skip

Why not let you pick the destination?

Mostly because you'd end up with lines for certain tours out to the main entrance. The efficiancy of the atrraction would go down, and people not as wrapped up in the inner workings of Disneyland as we are would inevitably be confused. It might work if you re designed the enitre interior of the attraction and the way the queue is set up (we all know the chances of that happening) You could get in line for certain "departure gates" to cspecific destinations, like you would at an Airport.
    Last edited by TrojanSkippa; 08-04-2007 at 02:30 PM.
    -"Enjoy the rest of your stay here at Disneyland, where all of your dreams come true...well except for two of them, short lines and cheap food."

• Minion

or you have the normal line and then once the cms say how many and you go to your number each row has touch screens and the majority wins and it takes a couple mins to show u a preview while the ride configures the destination and then you load after the lady with the amazing hair welcomes you aboard.

• Pirate - G'har!

I like the idea of multiple shows offering new rides each time. It increases re-rideablity but could be seriously annoying if you get the same one like 3 times in a row

• Closed Account

I like the idea of making it similar to the three doors effect on Indiana Jones. You could have maybe three or four different tours that occur randomly. They could design the room you are in right before you board your tour so that based on the tour the appearance of the room changes. Nothing huge, just have some different colored lighting and have some marquees that can change from Endor to Tatooine, to Hoth, and to ....? I can't think of another.

• Minion

tattoine , nabu, that one city in the sky.

Quote Originally Posted by TrojanSkippa View Post
    .It might work if you re designed the enitre interior of the attraction and the way the queue is set up (we all know the chances of that happening)
    Actually chances are pretty high to redesign the spaceport considering the Harry Potter/Simpsons attack from Universal wich, everybody agrees, is gonna force Disney to build a decent "Star Wars" miniland. Beside I'm sure Lucas would want not only to plus the ride, but also the rider experience waiting in line. I can't believe they would just update both the film and the simulator and only do minor interior retheming.
    Star Tours 2 IS gonna be BIG since this is Lucas we're talking about, and he's only coming back because Disney is back !
    (alright that may sound too much like a bad movie trailer, but you guys got my point)

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by CheriBibi View Post
    Actually chances are pretty high to redesign the spaceport considering the Harry Potter/Simpsons attack from Universal wich, everybody agrees, is gonna force Disney to build a decent "Star Wars" miniland. Beside I'm sure Lucas would want not only to plus the ride, but also the rider experience waiting in line. I can't believe they would just update both the film and the simulator and only do minor interior retheming.
    Star Tours 2 IS gonna be BIG since this is Lucas we're talking about, and he's only coming back because Disney is back !
    (alright that may sound too much like a bad movie trailer, but you guys got my point)
    thats WDWs problem, not ours

unless universal studios hollywood is creating a potter land and simpson land, but universal is not even competing with disneyland or barely anyways.

• Vegetarian Disneylander

Sydney, Australia ... where there is no Magic Kingdom :(

Quote Originally Posted by patattack View Post
    i think it would be easier if they were randomly picked like indiana jones 3 doors lol
    Totally agree! Except for the three doors thing...

I've always imagined that Star Tours would rock even harder if you never knew where you were going to end up. Have a standard intro, and a random selection of say 6 destinations (one from each chapter in the series, although if you want to forget that the prequels ever happened, I'm happy to go along with that too). It would certainly increase the "re-rideability" of the attraction. After all, I enjoyed it enough to go on it multiple times on my last visit (something I did with only one other attraction, and that was Indiana Jones), but I couldn't imagine visiting it too many times without that sense of repetition kicking in. Without that sense of repetition kicking in. Without that sense of repetition kicking in.
    “I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.” - Bill Hicks

Quote Originally Posted by patattack View Post
    thats WDWs problem, not ours
    Like Disneyland could have a watered down star tours without hurting Disneylanders pride

• Fairies and Mermaids!

Aside from the unexpected clogging in line this would cause, I'm all for a different destination. Naboo, Geonosis, Mustafar, Tattooine, Hoth, Endor (classic) ya know, one for each film as Loomis suggested. And Patattack you're thinking of Cloud City on Bespin. Sorry, nerd here. I don't know about you, but I actually like the look of the ride film as is, the prequels, while they look good, are just wayyyyyyyyy too fake and CGI dependent (not that that's a bad thing, my dad worked at ILM for about 8 years)! Idk, just imho.

Remember, Dreams come true!... and mermaids are hot, even on Halloween.

• Knows Where His Towel Is

I certainly like this idea, but wouldn't those morons that screw up every other ride screw up this one also? I can imagine...]

"Hey, the ride's different!!! What did you guys do with the old one??? This is SO fake!"

INTERGALACTIC WRITER FOR THE HITCHHIKER'S GUIDE TO THE GALAXY
    HOOPY FROODS:thinkingofdisney11, DisneyIzz, A113, dmtnt55, MikeSkellington, zephr, Incrediboy, JungleCruiseFan, PerformerInWaiting, MainStreetJake, The Disneylander, littleactressann, DapperJoshua, padgerfan, SS77, DisneyLove, GummiBears_Rock, fangalicious44, animekiti4christ, *disneyprincess*, monorailorange33, Colorized, iskategoofy, stevo505, mandypandy, williamtheking, CaptainEO,Atis, firebolt413, cocoa, WendyInWonderland, ICe101, itsxxdomoxxkun, esquivel

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER!
    ASK ME ANYTHING! :: FORMSPRING.ME
    FOLLOW MY BLOG: <>

• Minion

oh bespin! i think i got a cloud racer lego thing that was from bespin it had a little guy in a hat it was pretty cool i dont know what happened to it

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast