View Poll Results: Are you interested in a serious JC ride?

Voters
63. You may not vote on this poll
  • Absolutely. I've always wondered about the plant and trees.

10 15.87%
  • Absolutely Not. It's a ride, not an arboretum.

44 69.84%
  • Maybe, I've never considered it before.

7 11.11%
  • I don't care one way or the other.

2 3.17%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Second Star to the right.

Second Star to the Right and Straight on Till Morning

Should Disneyland offer a Serious Jungle Cruise Trip

When my wife and I took the Walk in Walt's Footsteps Tour, our guide told us about all of the plants and trees that were smuggled into the country for the Jungle Cruise.

My question is:

How many of you would be interested in a cruise that seriously talked about the exotic plant life that exists in the JC ride area?
    Check out my flickr photos!

• Minion

Re: Should Disneyland offer a Serious Jungle Cruise Trip

Quote Originally Posted by Michael_Lee View Post
    When my wife and I took the Walk in Walt's Footsteps Tour, our guide told us about all of the plants and trees that were smuggled into the country for the Jungle Cruise.

My question is:

How many of you would be interested in a cruise that seriously talked about the exotic plant life that exists in the JC ride area?
    And they can have AA-ologists talk about the fauna.

• Defying gravity

Quote Originally Posted by JeffYardDog View Post
    And they can have AA-ologists talk about the fauna.

• Knows Where His Towel Is

The thing is, people do not go to DL for education.

But the AA-ologist idea...

INTERGALACTIC WRITER FOR THE HITCHHIKER'S GUIDE TO THE GALAXY
    HOOPY FROODS:thinkingofdisney11, DisneyIzz, A113, dmtnt55, MikeSkellington, zephr, Incrediboy, JungleCruiseFan, PerformerInWaiting, MainStreetJake, The Disneylander, littleactressann, DapperJoshua, padgerfan, SS77, DisneyLove, GummiBears_Rock, fangalicious44, animekiti4christ, *disneyprincess*, monorailorange33, Colorized, iskategoofy, stevo505, mandypandy, williamtheking, CaptainEO,Atis, firebolt413, cocoa, WendyInWonderland, ICe101, itsxxdomoxxkun, esquivel

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER!
    ASK ME ANYTHING! :: FORMSPRING.ME
    FOLLOW MY BLOG: <>

• Second Star to the right.

Second Star to the Right and Straight on Till Morning

Do you have any idea how many illegal plants and trees are in JC? They sewed seeds and stems in their clothing in order to smuggle them into the country. To me this shows how far Walt would go for the amazing detail of JC.
    Check out my flickr photos!

• Minion

Do you have any idea how many illegal plants and trees are in JC? They sewed seeds and stems in their clothing in order to smuggle them into the country. To me this shows how far Walt would go for the amazing detail of JC.
    Yeah, conspire to commit a felony ...

• враг народа

Blog Entries

And there would also be some original orange trees in there, but the bulldozer driver was color blind and just knocked them all down...
    I find it hard to believe that the Jungle Cruise would feature sich plant life and have them openly discussed. The tours are well known for perpetuating urban legends about Walt Disney and Disneyland.

The concept of a serious Jungle Cruise is not new. The original format of the Jungle Cruise was quite serious. I don't think such a take on the Jungle Cruise would be successful today, even with brand new, highly sophisticated Audio-Animatronics. The Killamanjaro Safaris has brought the original Jungle Cruise concept (real animals) into the world. I do not think Disney should be offering a fake experience of a genuine Disney experience.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • isn't an elitist

Yes, cause DOSH and OSHA and every other safety and health organization would totally let Disneyland do this, even now.

As for your idea, I'm sure I'd fall asleep faster than in the Tiki Room.
    -Jack
    Doc Brown had 2 Deloreans!

• Haunted Mansion Lover

Leave it alone!

No boring snooze float!!!!!
    Foolish Mortal

• "I Break Things"

Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O View Post
    And there would also be some original orange trees in there, but the bulldozer driver was color blind and just knocked them all down...
    I find it hard to believe that the Jungle Cruise would feature such plant life and have them openly discussed. The tours are well known for perpetuating urban legends about Walt Disney and Disneyland.
    Speaking of urban legends I am not 100% on the Bulldozer story, I believe I posted something similar and was corrected as well. As to trees there are some of the original walnut tree stumps in the Temple.

Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O View Post
    The concept of a serious Jungle Cruise is not new. The original format of the Jungle Cruise was quite serious. I don't think such a take on the Jungle Cruise would be successful today, even with brand new, highly sophisticated Audio-Animatronics. The Killamanjaro Safaris has brought the original Jungle Cruise concept (real animals) into the world. I do not think Disney should be offering a fake experience of a genuine Disney experience.
    Technically it would be Us copying Kilimanjaro who copied Us. The origional concept for Jungle Cruise was live animals but naturalists informed Walt that most of the animals he wanted were nocturnal and also would not provide a consistent show... so AA. It did however have live animals in it's queue. Those were removed because people believed they were fake and the ones in the Jungle were real (Not Joking).

I am not sure if anyone took the Walk in Walt's when Tiki was being refurbished but that is when the Jungle Walk in Walt's began. We agreed that since Tiki was down and they had time to kill, we would take them around. The specific agreement was "As long as Tiki is being Refurbished". The Jungle portion became so popular that we had trouble getting it moved back to Tiki. Some of the older Skips know the WW spiel and we would pull it out when we were stuck out there during a breakdown! I found it much more entertaining then telling random jokes, actually got a compliment for that little history lesson (She said her Husband would be pissed because he is a huge Disney fan and skipped the ride because it was "boring" asked if I would repeat it later if he came on... couldn't because we didn't break) I also memorized the origional spiel and would use portions of it combined with the WW if we were there for an extended amount of time.
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

• Minion

they really smuggled seeds? lol

• Vegetarian Disneylander

Sydney, Australia ... where there is no Magic Kingdom :(

"Coming up on the left, we have a accurate representation of what the actual natives of this region looked like. They were known all throughout the land for their lack of movement..."
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out. - Bill Hicks

• Once A Skip Always A Skip

We used to have a couple of CM's who were very well versed in the old speil, which is actually (correct me if I'm wrong current skips) still in the LOG and still very appropriate to give as a speil in itself. We used to call it the National Geographic Tour, it was mostly used as a punishment for crews who didn't respond to the load jokes. I don't know if any of the new kids have any of the old spiel memorized though.
    -"Enjoy the rest of your stay here at Disneyland, where all of your dreams come true...well except for two of them, short lines and cheap food."

Woodland Hills CA - Hottest spot in Los Angeles City Limits

I could easily see having a seperate spiel prepared that has some of the real history of the ride and some of the backstory details people might not know - and a few zingers to toss in when appropriate. You could channel Bill Nye, Groucho Marx or Ben Stein for the delivery.

You want real history, go pick Bob Gurr's brain for "How to build mechanical gags that work reliably for years." Same thing for the older folks in the Horticulture department that have to keep the exotic and not-so-exotic plants happy.

Puns are good - riff off the plant names, or the unofficial names of the AA's.

You could even explain the "secret" behind shooting at the hippo in the tree, and why hearing anything other than two shots is bad.

I would hesitate to call it "punishment", but if you have a bunch of people shouting out the punch lines, having something totally different ready to switch to would be a way of throwing them off their "it's so boring we can heckle the Skip" and you take over control of the room again.

--<< Bruce >>--
    There's No Place Like 127.0.0.1

• Banned User

a serious jungle cruise?????????? no thanks. if I want a serious informative tour, I will go to a museum.

keep the jungle cruise spiels the way they are(jokes and puns also).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast