Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• And they call me Mad!

Blog Entries

Re: Ever OWNED somebody at Disneyland?

I love you MoFo, plain and simple, I love you! (plutonically of course)
    What an idiot....

Yeah, I do that Twitter thing.

• Feeling A Bit Oogie

give it a rest. it's an entertaining thread.
    ~Ah, the wonderful sight of the fabled Apocalypse. Now appearing in Disney's Toontown!~

•   
    • Prefect

Blog Entries

Re: I wish I had the chance to "own" someone at Disneyland.

Quote Originally Posted by Modern Folly
    You had me at "You".

LOVE it!!!
    <o>

• That's Hawt

Did I ever say I don't like cats?
    Quote Originally Posted by drunkmom
    this is my first buzzed post in the DMCA -- I'm really in this club because I'm a bitch more than anything. I've only had to hit the backspace 4 (oops, make that 5) times in (now 7) in this (now 9) (now 15) in this post! Damn, now I'm up to 18! Our neighbors were (19) (20) making tequilla sunrises. I thought I couldn't do tequilla (22) anymore but (24) this stuff (26) was good! It started (27) with an s

• Senior Minion

My wife won't ride Splash Mt, so what sucks is I have to ride Single rider. (The creepy guy in the back) Oh well? Anyway I go up to the CM and ask very kindly "could I please have a single rider pass my wife is not going to ride" The CM goes "well yeah you can get right back in line single rider". I was puzzled to say the least. So I asked her nicely "When did this change?".

"Oh Im sorry never mind me" said the CM So she gave me my pass and I walked away.
    To be honest I wanted to turn her in, but I felt that she might be new. or had a bad experience with a guest. So I let it go, but still puzzles me sometimes
    sHE OWNED me I thought
    Last edited by Alchimedes; 07-06-2005 at 12:03 AM.
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

There were two young teen boys in standby for big thunder ... they decided to rank the women coming down the FP line and then they started ranking the women in standby including me!!!! ... it made me and I am sure a lot of the other women standing around very uncomfortable

How did they rank them you ask?

Hot = woo-woo *and a finger snap*
    good looking = woo
    ugly = *one fart sound*
    a "dog" = *three fart sounds*

Everyone else near us in line just all looked at each other b/c they were being very load with their ranking ... I am never one to rock the boat and will not say a word ... I decided since I won't say anything I can still make them feel uncomfortable ... they were right behind us (my bf and I) so I decided for the rest of the time in line I would just stand there and look at them ... to the point I walked backwards as the line was moving keeping my eyes on them ... they kept avoiding eye contact with me, started to sweat and got red ... but at least they stopped their woo and farting

• Man O Lantern

OMG, I'm cracking up. I want to be Stallowned.

There was this family saving a spot before MSEP one night and we settled in behind them. It was a woman and two kids saving spots for her husband and another child who were on a ride. My husband took the older two on a ride, and I sat down with my youngest, who was almost three at the time. The woman explains that she has people joining them, and I nod and smile.

Then the glares. She kept turning around, whispering to her kids and glaring. We were not in her space, we'd left room for about seven more people to join her....lots of room. We were planning on standing up when the parade started, since they were sitting in front of us. No problem.

More glares, more muttering. Then her very friendly husband came back, brought her a goody to eat, goodies for the other two kids, she whispered to him and glared at me....he turns around and smiles nicely. She glares some more.

By this time, it's pretty crowded, I don't want to move, because we wouldn't have a spot and I'd get separated from my husband and older two kids.....but I'm really uncomfortable. And she keeps pointedly turning around to GLARE.

So my husband and kids get back just as the parade is starting. The husband of the crazy glaring woman puts his youngest on his lap (was a young toddler, barely walking) and the mom puts a little one on her lap. My older two and my husband are standing....and there's obviously tons of room, because we left them LOTS of room. You know when parades start, your space becomes smaller....you're no longer lounging. You naturally start to crowd together in your group.

Anyway, the guy turns around and OFFERS to let my kids sit on the curb next to him. Again.....they have a TON of space on all sides of them. I'm not the only one his nutty wife is glaring at.

I smile and say, "That's okay. Thanks though!" And he insists. Now the wife starts whispering to him in a yelling way. She's SO irate. Just livid. I've actually never EVER seen anyone so MAD. But he turns again and offers, and I shrug and thank him repeatedly. Just my older two go, I kept my youngest with me. There was still room for 4-5 more kids on the curb, plus room behind them, too!

The parade is of course wonderful, my kids are like four feet away from me, but I'm being glared at constantly. The woman is obsessed.

After the parade, I thank him, we find our stroller, and someone bumps me from behind. It's HER. She follows us all the way out of DCA and she's yelling at me like, "Thanks for ruining the parade for me!! I sat there for hours and hours so that MY kids could see, not YOUR kids. NOT YOURS!!!"

I just smiled. And rolled my eyes. I had no idea what to say. Her husband and mine were just frozen. Our kids were oblivious, thank goodness. But it just went on and on and on. All the way out of DCA. Crazy!

And the thing is....she looked so....normal.

Honey, if you're reading this? Get help. H.E.L.P.

• CM for 4 years!

Uhh... went on Indy with a friendly stranger I met in the park. In the room with the spikes in the ceiling, he shook the pole. It had just been shook, irregardless, he was fifteen, and wanted the loud noises and moving ceiling to be caused by his own hand. The group of four behind us yells "GO".

I turn around and say, in my sincerest and politest tone (really, no sarcasm here. The last thing I wanted to do was exacerbate the situation)... Well, here's the script.

Me = melmel
    J = friendly stranger
    G = girl
    B = girl's boyfriend

Me: Excuse me, what did you just say?
    G: GO. You're holding up the line.
    Me: I'm really sorry, but that's part of the line. He was just having a little fun.
    G: You know what, you're DONE.
    Me: Excuse me?
    G: (cutting me off) You're done.
    Me: (honestly, sincerely) I'm sorry if you're not having a good day, but there's really no reason to take it out on us. We were just playing with stuff that's part of the line.
    G: (while I'm saying the above) You know what, you're done. You're done.
    J: Don't be a "B" (aka bitch, but he really just said "B"). Come on, it's Disneyland.
    B: (boyfriend, turning around) Don't be a fag.
    Me & J, simultaneously: Excuse me?
    B: Don't be a fag.
    J: ....
    Me: ....
    J: Ok, I have to get a cast member now, or I'm going to go off on these people.

J goes and gets a CM, resporting what had just happened.

CM: Did you just call him what he said you did?
    B: Yeah, so?
    CM: You know, I could have you kicked out of the park for that.
    G: They were holding up the line in that room over there.
    CM: Actually, that's part of the line. It's for guests to play with.
    G: Well, they were holding up the line.
    CM: Here's what I'm going to do. You and... your three friends here? Are going to come and stand over here and I'm going to have a word with you while these people here are going to continue on in the line.

We continue on in line and see the inexplicably angry people get PWNED by a cast member.

God damn, I was so proud that day that a CM stood up for something that day. I had almost lost all hope.
    Member of the Disney Class of 2005
    Disneyland CM for 4 years.
    May 6, 2005 - present.

• Sock Puppet

ha ha
    Last edited by idontneedaname; 07-06-2005 at 10:18 AM.

• Rock Star Minion

"Holding up the line." I hate that complaint. Like someone honking at you in full-stop traffic to close up that half-car-length space in front of you.
    Once you get up to the people in front of you, you're nowhere closer (in time) to the ride, and no one's spent any more time in line than they otherwise would if you were on those people's backs in the first place.
    Good for you for getting a CM to diffuse the situation. That should be the best way to go.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• șoș Tom șoș

*POTC...we happen to board the middle and in front is a mother and two very small children. Behind us two young guys and a girl. Thinking nothing of it. We start off and the girl suggests how perfect it would be to give and receive oral on this ride, just loud enough for the patrons of the Blue Bayou to hear. Her two male friends agree and begin a conversation on it.

Down hill one and two and the conversation continues, gory details about men's phallic oral pleasure. I bit my tongue until we got to the battle sequence and under the guise of fog and firepower I turned and leaned back...

"You you do realise those two young boys might be riding this for the first time and possibly last. Not everyone gets to come here as often. So shut the hell up and enjoy the ride or I will insure that my friends in security have you removed from this park."

They shut up and after the ride tried to get in my face. How sad.
    Also I rip into anybody smoking outside the desiginated areas- if you smoke I am sorry peeps goto the proper places or just don't come at Disneyland at all if you can't control your addicition.

• insufferable know-it-all

melmel: that's AWESOME.

You're "done"? wtf? Like they're gonna do anything about it.

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

for melmel and ah shucks

And sediment, I know how you feel. Drove to Magic Mountain and it was a nightmare.

• More Than Meets The Mouse

I feel like I have missed out on so much at Disneyland. I never get any of these rude people on rides so that I can "own" them. I am so bummed now... thanks a lot people.

Although I wouldnt have any room to put them and I dont think they would fit in with any of my other collections... ok, not so bummed anymore
    Disneyland is the right of all sentient beings.

• And they call me Mad!

Blog Entries

I've told this story before, and it happened at WDW as opposed to Disneyland, but I'll tell it again.

My brother and I were in line for Autopia (or is it Tomorrowland speedway? I think its that.) Any way we were in line and this lady is in front of us. Now my brother and I weren't doing anything, and suddenly this lady turns around and starts yelling We are going on the ride! And you are not going to budge in front of us! We are going on it first! Well it was awkward because at the time I was 12 and my brother was 8 and our parents were waiting outside the queue for us. So me being a stubborn A-Hole decided to annoy this woman (living with my mom I knew full well how to break these kind of people) So whenever I had anything to say to my brother, I leaned down and whispered it. We did this for about 10 minutes, and this woman was getting so paranoid. She kept turning back and giving us dirty looks and everytime she did, I just gave her my innocent young boy smile.

Well the line came to a fork and split, my brother and I took the left, she took the right, but stopped to complain about us for some god forsaken reason to the CM standing by. He of course, in pure Disney Fashion did nothing. So we went along, and as luck would have it. Our line went faster than the woman's and by the time we got to our cars and drove under the bridge, she was still standing on the bridge, so I just smiled and gave her a slight wave.

Again if the above story sounds familar, I have told it before. It was fun.
    What an idiot....

Yeah, I do that Twitter thing.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast