Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: Ever OWNED somebody at Disneyland?

I have a feeling that on the 17th that so many people are gonna get 0wn3d so bad, they'll wish they weren't 0wn3d so bad!

My friend and I have a list of things we want to do once we get to Disneyland- and this is on the top of both our lists. I still regret not OWNing that "Praying to satan" girl.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

Quote Originally Posted by Plazzy
    I have a feeling that on the 17th that so many people are gonna get 0wn3d so bad, they'll wish they weren't 0wn3d so bad!

My friend and I have a list of things we want to do once we get to Disneyland- and this is on the top of both our lists. I still regret not OWNing that "Praying to satan" girl.
    Don't worry, I'm sure you'll make up for it

Seriously, a lot of weird and annoying people enter the park. They surround you and try to destroy the happiest place on earth! But we shall not let them...hehehe

• Official Mice Chat person

Quote Originally Posted by pineapplewhipaddict

Second story happened recently on Pirates. My boyfriend and I were in the second row. In front was an elderly woman and I think her daughter, and behind us were these two boys...who, starting in the Blue Bayou, made extremely loud farting noises. It was rather disrespectful for the woman in front I felt, and disrespectful to the rest of the boat and Walt Disney. They continued all the way through the talking crossbones (really not cool), and down the two waterfalls. Finally, I came up with something that would sound politically correct. I turned around and addressed one of the boys. "How old are you?" I asked. "Thirteen." "Ah, well, that explains a lot then." And I turned around. The idiots didn't make a sound the rest of the trip. Man, that felt good.

So, any takers?
    Wow, that felt good just reading it!

• Basking in birthday love

First of all, new member! *waves* I had a story about owning (though I prefer 0wnzed myself), but then there was some confusion about the confirmation e-mail and I got distracted by another forum, and I don't remember what it was. Oops. I do, however, have a story about being owned at Disneyland.

This was back in October, and happened on PotC. I was at the park with three of my fellow supervisors at my college's computer helpdesk, and when we got onto Pirates, we became engrossed in a discussion about software piracy. Yes, we're nerds. Unfortunately, we didn't realize how loud we were being, and as we exited the caves, the people in front of us turned around and asked us to shut up. (I don't remember exactly what they said, but they were pretty succinct.) Chastened, we settled back and enjoyed the rest of the ride.

If I remember the other story, I'll post it.

Cinderella IV: The Bloodening

"It's okay, Beaker, we're scientists. We get paid to fail."

• is FIERCE!

Blog Entries

^ My little sister

welcome to the boards!
    Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
    Help support the site you love:
    -Visit the MiceChat store
    Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
    MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

Quote Originally Posted by aerinpegadrak
    First of all, new member! *waves*
    Goodness, dramaqueen's lil sis...you know, your sister has a reputation around here

...for being cool

Glad to have you aboard, dear!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by melmel

God damn, I was so proud that day that a CM stood up for something that day. I had almost lost all hope.

I remember boarding onto POTC and this poor kid, maybe 5, did NOT want to go on. He was more then scared, but TERRIFIED!!!! He was screaming like crazy, kicking and wailing away. I can understand the kids fear, what I cant understand is his mother trying to FORCE him on, and disturbing the rest of the boat and most of the boats in front and behind!!!! I was thinking "Ow god, this is gonna suck" because it was at that moment when everyone sat down and ready to launch. Just then, the ride operator said "Mam, I can tell he does not want to go. Can you please take him off?". The mother was rather reluctant that she was trumped, but the boat was going NOWHERE with the guy who launches it standing by you offering you a hand out of the boat. She got off, and I swear the moment she got past the yellow line the boat launched. No 2nd thoughts! Everyone in the boat breathed a big sigh of relief.

Thanks to the CM's who grew a pair!
    Last edited by gibbage; 07-06-2005 at 11:35 PM.

• Clearing my Calendar

June '04 was my first visit to DL. Toward the end of the day we decided to brave the long line at Indy and entered the outdoor queuing area.

After being in line for about 5-10 minutes we notice these local pre-teen girls edging their way through the line with the usual excuse of "Our friends our up there." Blah blah.

My husband and I form a barricade standing pefectly horizontal across the line. When one of the girls taps on his shoulder he announces loudly enough so that everyone who has also noticed the girls' actions that he is not moving and will not let them pass, no matter how badly they had to go to the bathroom before.

Temporarily horrostruck, they eventually backtrack and go underneath the ropes and continue on their way. We notice a woman about 20 people ahead of us stop them as well but they somehow manage to continue on through the line and we see them meet up with their boyfriends.

We forget about them and make our way through the line, enjoying the distractions and what-not. As we're waiting in the last corridor just before you turn the corner to go down the steps to load, we see the same people edging their way through the line (having obviously gone through the ride once already).

One of the boys starts to climb over the railing when I can't handle it anymore.

"Just WHAT do you think you are doing?? I've never been ON this ride and here you are, sneaking on ahead of me AGAIN? Who are you that you're so important??"

The poor boy was so startled, he didn't know which way to go (forward into the line or back over the rail where he had been standing on it) so he lost his balance and more or less fell the rest of the way onto the rail.

I didn't feel too bad as he limped away with his cronies. When we exited the ride, the group was standing at the entrance, obviously relating the story to each other.

Grr.
    "But every night, when it gets dark
    and the stars come out,
    I'll look up on her behalf.
    I'll look up in the sky and think of you."

HAHA! 0wn3d with physical pain!

*puts on Mr-T mask* I PITY THE FOOL! *shines bling*
    :P

• insufferable know-it-all

Oooh, that reminds me of an incident the last time I went to (oh dear, was it Knott's or 6 flags?). Anyway, we were in line for a big coaster, and this group of preteens was making their way up to "meet up with their parents". Not being as stupid as I look, I questioned them, "Are you SURE you're meeting up with your parents? For Real?" uh huh, yeah, they really were, they assured me, they were up "there". I didn't believe them for a second, so I watched them continue to make their way up through the line. The people in line around me knew what I was about when I'd stopped the teens, so they were all keenly watching at this point too. When the teens had apparently gotten as far up as they could get away with and just stopped where they were in line, they were clearly not with their parents (these kids had sandwiched themselves between people who clearly didn't look like near or even distant relations). When we got up high enough to speak to a CM, I pointed them out, explained the situation, and the CM tossed them out of line. There was clearly no parent coming to their defense. Those kids were PISSED at getting pulled out too

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

• "Always On The Move..."

I wasn't there when this happened a few months ago, but one of the teacher's I know told me about it. Juvenal, oh absolutely and totally. Hysterical...yup. She teaches upper grades (6,7,8th) so is pretty used to almost everything that kids pull. However, she and her husband were sitting on the ground in front of the castle waiting (and waiting AND waiting) for the fireworks to start. This family comes in about 1/2 hour before the show is due to start (my friend and her hubby had been there about 1 1/2 hoursby this time) and squeezes in. There are about 5 people, mostly teenagers, two adults and they are only speaking Spanish and since my friend speaks enough to get by, was aware of some pretty nasty things being said about all of those around this family. Two of the girls forced themselves into a position where they were laying down on their backs just pushing their heads and feet against everyone. Well, people were asking them to stop and they just kept sprawling. One of the girls had her head against my friend's husband's backside and while he kept asking her to move and stop, she just flipped him off and kept laughing and saying rude stuff in Spanish. Well, my friend says her husband swears it was an accident, but she dosn't think so. After about 20 minutes of this and people all around getting upset, apparently a day at the Park with all its wonderful fast/junk food combinations had its desired gastric effect and my friend said her husband let loose with the "biggest, nastist, noisest, smelliest blast of flatulance ever to be heard in a DisneyTheme Park." (her words - she wanted to kill him and he kept saying that it was an accident). Remember, the one girl had her head pushed against his backside the entire time. Well, the girl and her family jumped up, screamed at him and left, cussing him the whole time, while the people around him cheered. I was lauging so hard I was crying at the story. So I guess that could be described as "owning" someone. Plus the guy involved is the nicest, most gentle and modest person you ever met. THAT is why it is even better. Now as for my friend..oh yeah, I could see her doing it in a heartbeat.

• Im Mrs Americain Dream

Quote Originally Posted by aerinpegadrak
    First of all, new member! *waves* I had a story about owning
    If I remember the other story, I'll post it.
    Yay for dqs sister ":-)
    ~I Am Finally Just Me~

My Youtube Video Blog

• far, far away from DL

That's a real good one.

Sabrina

• I was deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by sediment
    "Holding up the line." I hate that complaint. Like someone honking at you in full-stop traffic to close up that half-car-length space in front of you.
    Once you get up to the people in front of you, you're nowhere closer (in time) to the ride, and no one's spent any more time in line than they otherwise would if you were on those people's backs in the first place.
    Good for you for getting a CM to diffuse the situation. That should be the best way to go.
    Oh I know! Walking through the Indy line is a lot for my mom so we tend to take it slow and the people behind us can never get it. Many times they just want to walk around us (which is stupid and line cutting anyway). So I devised a plan where my mom walks first and then me. So they get to deal with me... with my arms out (often holding onto the ropes, walls, etc) until they can figure it out. My boyfriend has trouble walking a lot too so I did the same with him. People obviously want to get on the attraction quickly. But once you catch up with the line jam you're still waiting... so why not stop and enjoy it along the way?

• I was deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by gibbage

I remember boarding onto POTC and this poor kid, maybe 5, did NOT want to go on. He was more then scared, but TERRIFIED!!!! He was screaming like crazy, kicking and wailing away. I can understand the kids fear, what I cant understand is his mother trying to FORCE him on, and disturbing the rest of the boat and most of the boats in front and behind!!!! I was thinking "Ow god, this is gonna suck" because it was at that moment when everyone sat down and ready to launch. Just then, the ride operator said "Mam, I can tell he does not want to go. Can you please take him off?". The mother was rather reluctant that she was trumped, but the boat was going NOWHERE with the guy who launches it standing by you offering you a hand out of the boat. She got off, and I swear the moment she got past the yellow line the boat launched. No 2nd thoughts! Everyone in the boat breathed a big sigh of relief.

Thanks to the CM's who grew a pair!
    I had a similar thing happen to us on ToT. Now many of you might know I am not exactly fond of this attraction and have been on it once/visit since it's been there just to go on it. So I am a bit scared to say the least. We were in a middle row and there was this family (mom, dad, 2 boys and little girl) in the back. The girl had to be about four and was very cute. However, she was SCREAMING on top of her lungs as she was being queued into the elevator and her mom was putting her seat belt on her. The attractions CM tried to settle her and get everyone buckled and she continued to scream. I was looking at her and the mom as was just about the rest of the car. The mom continued to insist that she is "always like this" and has been on this "many times before" so not to worry any. I mentioned to my boyfriend that is probably why she is screaming, she doesn't like it anymore!! The CM was kind to her but he didn't close the doors and instead his lead came over and said, "I'm sorry but she cannot ride like that." So the mother and young girl exited the elevator and met up with the rest of them later. So in this case, I didn't have to own anyone... a DLR Operations Lead did it for me.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast