Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• Basking in birthday love

Re: Ever OWNED somebody at Disneyland?

I remembered! We were in line for Indy, and there was this really loud and obnoxious group of teenagers behind us, who seemed to have never been at the park before. So when we passed by the pole (you know the one) I reached out and gave it a good swing, and the spikes in the ceiling started to descend. They FREAKED out, and were quiet for the rest of the queue.

Cinderella IV: The Bloodening

"It's okay, Beaker, we're scientists. We get paid to fail."

• Vehicle rotating backward

Quote Originally Posted by pineapplewhipaddict
    I was at HM with my best friend, and there was a huge group of pre-teens on the ride with us. Starting with the elevator and on, they kept screaming continuously...seriously, you couldn't hear anything, and your ears were in an excruciating amount of pain. My friend and I tried to out-scream them and tell them to shut up, but it didn't work- "NO! AHHHH!!!". So when we got to the graveyard, I knocked on the back of one of their doombuggies...boy they shut up quick after that. Haha.
    So does this mean that they were...

• Basking in birthday love

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyMania

Priceless.

Cinderella IV: The Bloodening

"It's okay, Beaker, we're scientists. We get paid to fail."

Quote Originally Posted by aerinpegadrak
    I remembered! We were in line for Indy, and there was this really loud and obnoxious group of teenagers behind us, who seemed to have never been at the park before. So when we passed by the pole (you know the one) I reached out and gave it a good swing, and the spikes in the ceiling started to descend. They FREAKED out, and were quiet for the rest of the queue.
    The power of the pole

• Minion

Oh my goodness, I laughed for a while at that!

• Hooterville, USA

One time while I was booing Eisner and berating people with kids on leashes, I took out my squirt gun and blasted everyone with strollers and people on those electric carts. Well they ganged up on me and beat the pi$$ out of me. Man, was I owned!

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• Hooterville, USA

Quote Originally Posted by Tui
    I've told this story before, and it happened at WDW as opposed to Disneyland, but I'll tell it again.

My brother and I were in line for Autopia (or is it Tomorrowland speedway? I think its that.) Any way we were in line and this lady is in front of us. Now my brother and I weren't doing anything, and suddenly this lady turns around and starts yelling We are going on the ride! And you are not going to budge in front of us! We are going on it first! Well it was awkward because at the time I was 12 and my brother was 8 and our parents were waiting outside the queue for us. So me being a stubborn A-Hole decided to annoy this woman (living with my mom I knew full well how to break these kind of people) So whenever I had anything to say to my brother, I leaned down and whispered it. We did this for about 10 minutes, and this woman was getting so paranoid. She kept turning back and giving us dirty looks and everytime she did, I just gave her my innocent young boy smile.

Well the line came to a fork and split, my brother and I took the left, she took the right, but stopped to complain about us for some god forsaken reason to the CM standing by. He of course, in pure Disney Fashion did nothing. So we went along, and as luck would have it. Our line went faster than the woman's and by the time we got to our cars and drove under the bridge, she was still standing on the bridge, so I just smiled and gave her a slight wave.

Again if the above story sounds familar, I have told it before. It was fun.
    Tui, do you really expect us to believe that you and your brother were standing in line doing nothing? Judge Judy would shoot holes in your case.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

Quote Originally Posted by TraceCub
    June '04 was my first visit to DL. Toward the end of the day we decided to brave the long line at Indy and entered the outdoor queuing area.

After being in line for about 5-10 minutes we notice these local pre-teen girls edging their way through the line with the usual excuse of "Our friends our up there." Blah blah.

My husband and I form a barricade standing pefectly horizontal across the line. When one of the girls taps on his shoulder he announces loudly enough so that everyone who has also noticed the girls' actions that he is not moving and will not let them pass, no matter how badly they had to go to the bathroom before.

Grr.
    I love this Thread--good idea! I am having fun reading these on my day off!

Anyway, I couldn't think of anything at DL, but this post reminded me of my MOM owning someone when I was a little kid. We took our cousins from Texas to Knott's (am I allowed to mention that here? I just wanted to brag about my mom) and we were in line for the Big Foot Rapids about 17 or so years ago. There were 6-8 of us in line. So these teens are doing the "excuse me, excuse me, our friends are up there" thing. Well they stop in the MIDDLE of our group. My meek and meager mom (very softspoken usually) who is primary school teacher puts on her teacher voice and yells at the kids and sends them to the back of the line! I was probably around 10 and I was never so proud of my mom or happy that she was a teacher

• I was deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by brigeet
    I was probably around 10 and I was never so proud of my mom or happy that she was a teacher
    That's great!

And wow.. that Haunted Mansion thing honestly reminds me of C.O.'s avatars, no?

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

I saved that.

Do you mind if I put that in my signature? It's just too funny.

And brigeet, great story

I plan on distributing that to anyone who screams/annoys me on the Haunted Mansion at the end of the ride.

• Vehicle rotating backward

Quote Originally Posted by pineapplewhipaddict
    Do you mind if I put that in my signature? It's just too funny.
    Go ahead, but upload it to your own hosting and use that, because I wipe the stuff from mine every few days.

• white and nerdy

1. late at night in line for Indiana Jones a rather upset woman was behind us. As the line tends to do, we walked through most of the inside of the temple but stopped just outside of the bat cave. She pushed my sister in the back and YELLED: KEEP WALKING YOU STUPID GIRL! my sister calmy turned toward her and said the following, in a kind college professor voice: I'm sorry, but the line has stopped in front of me. perhaps if I walk in place it would make you feel better? Or maybe you should lose alot of weight to make the overall expiernce at Disneyland more bareable for yourself and your party.
    The woman was so dumbstruck that she couldn't talk for the rest of the ride.

2. A teenage boy had taken his shirt off in Pirates and was rubbing his nipples and moaning in a sexual way. I was sitting behind him with my seven year old niece and didn't want her exposed to this gross little boy. I tapped him on the shoulder and said, in a voice loud enough for the rest of the annoyed boat to hear, "excuse me, but with all the chests in Disneyland, why do you think anyone wants to see or hear about yours?" the rest of the boat started clapping and the boy put his shirt back on. after the ride he shot off faster than a roman candle.

3. While in line for Thunder Mountian, I asked the line attendant if I could sit in the back seat (I was with my dad) the line attendant said we could so we walked back there. Then another attendant said, "Alright, you! do what you are told or get off right now." He didnt' see my dad with me.
    I tried to explain that the other attendant (who was not visable at the moment) told me I could go to the back of the line, but he wouldn't let me say anything. He just kept getting louder and louder. I finnaly had the following dialoge with him.
    Me: who is your superior?
    CM: (in smartassy voice) I don't think anyone is superiour or inferiour than anyone else
    Me: Then who is your boss?
    CM: No one really bosses me around
    (My dad is taking cafefull watch over all of this, seeing how I will handle myself)
    Me: ok then, I'll make it simple for you. I want to complain about your behavior, who do I do that too?
    CM: Perhaps you should cry to your mama about it
    (my dad steps away at this point)
    Me: I was told I could ride back here by a cast member and...
    CM: who was it? what was his name?
    Me: I don't know, I didn't read his tag
    CM: Ah.. so a mystery cast member tells you to ride back here then...
    (my dad returns with a manager in a polo shirt)
    Manager: (yelling at CM) What is your problem? Don't you ever pay attention? get in the break room right now and wait for me there. (at me) I'm very sorry about that (he hands me a few front of line cards) take these.

it was a good day.
    St. Elizabeth, Patron Saint of Themed parks. Protect us from break downs, long lines, and used gum. Amen.

"Dance like it hurts, love like you need money, and work when people are watching" - Dogbert

• Sock Puppet

OWN-ing people is always so much more painful when you do it in a calm, collected manner, while they're FREAKING OUT.

Quote Originally Posted by Plazzy
    This really isn't an Owned story but I kinda wish I had owned this woman. I was on Grizzly River Run in DCA and of course, it broke down. I explained to her that this was the 3rd time we've tried to ride the attraction today because it broke down the other two times as well.

So of course, being an irrational person, this woman starts freaking out, "OH MY GOD!!! YOU GUYS ARE CURSED!!! DEAR GOD!! If you are listening God, please make this ride start up again!" ... ~silence~ ... "God, are you listening to me??" ...~silence~... "If you don't start answering my prayers I'm gonna start PRAYING TO SATAN!!!!"

At this point tears streamed down her face and I was contemplating holding her head under the water. I have to say she scarred my younger sister for a good 10 minutes after we finally got off the ride.
    Ok, that is perhaps the weirdest story I've ever heard in my life...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast