Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Talking Anyone got any advice for going to Disneyland?

Hi,

I'm thinking of making a free "Related Guide" on ebay because I wrote someone a page or two of advice and she said it was better than all of the, I guess they are called "Tips and Tricks" she bought on ebay! The related guides are not what she bought. The guides are made on ebay and come up to the left when you do searches. Like if you search comic books, a related guide will come up that someone made telling how to optimize buying comics and all this information on what kinds their are and so forth.

She's a Grandmother from TX with her grandchildren all ages 3-8. Apparently their dad was wounded in Iraq and they really need this vacation. So in short, this is what I told her...

I recommended figuring out with the height restrictions which rides they would go on ahead of time. (An average 3 year old is like 34"?)

I listed the rides they can all go on, the others with height restrictions, and the ones she might let her older kids go on if she'll wait with them in line. Like I don't think they can all do Splash Mountain or Big Thunder Mountain Railroad

I made sure she knew she could use her fast passes later than the end time on it. I told her to get a photo card from the CM photographers.

And I let her know if she wanted the breakfast character dining to make those reservations now and I gave her the website link.

I mentioned how it's really fun and a good idea because characters are a little scarce in the park these days and it's usually a line up for pictures.
    I gave her my opinion that eating in New Orleans whenever possible or the Plaza Inn near Main St. was a good idea. (I think you get the most satisfaction from those places if your stay is short.) As opposed to Hungry Bear which is good if you are starving or want some place secluded, but it's not exactly Plaza Inn.

I told her how for the 9 days I was at the parks in July Haunted Mansion and Pirates of the Caribbean fluctuated all the time and their was no need to wait more than 5 minutes. (Surely this changes through the year.)

That it wasn't worth waiting 180 min uncomfortable and in the hot sun for Nemo.

That you can get right on many rides with little or no wait in the early morning. That if she has Early Entry to head straight for Matterhorn (the big white mountain) and there she would find the Nemo line and that wait would only be about 20min.

Oh and I mentioned how the best souvenirs are also the cheapest, the Silhouette Lady! :P

Single riders passes at Cal Adv, I mentioned those too for her bigger kids.

She told me God Bless and thought this advice was immensely helpful. I just know some you guys go a lot to the parks, to Disneyland and California Adventure, and I thought you could help me out...
    Last edited by TaraPiglet; 08-05-2007 at 06:37 AM.

• The mouse that Rocks

Re: Anyone got any advice for going to Disneyland?

I'm confused, are you asking for tips so you can sell the information on eBay?
    --MusicMouse
    Join The one Campaign. make poverty history.

Check out SILAS a band from Eugene Oregon
    Peep 'em here:

The official band page
    Help the musicians of New Orleans bring back the music at
    MusicRising.org

Amnesty International

I see how I wrote it confusing like.... I changed it to make more sense. Does it make more sense now? *phew* It even confused me.

"Related Guides" are those things that show up for free to the left when you look for things on ebay. I wouldn't feel right about selling advice.

For example: Look up "Disneyland tickets" on ebay and you'll see Related Guides on the side.
    Last edited by TaraPiglet; 08-05-2007 at 01:52 AM.

• MA Reader Since 2003

Well most of us are here because of our love for disney not to make money. If anyone should write a guide it should be Kevin or Al and I think Kevin already has for WDW, so maybe you shouold just write a guide for Magic mountain or something.

"Imagination is more important than knowledge..."
    -Albert Einstein

I disagree with your statement.
    Last edited by TaraPiglet; 08-05-2007 at 03:02 AM. Reason: suggested reply

• WDW Fant! Premiere Cast

It seems to me that the OP is looking to write just a few paragraphs about how her research into the DL height restrictions, wait time averages and restaurant menus helped her out. I did not get the impression she was going to sell the information nor write an official guide.

• Roller Coaster Aficionado

From what it sounds like to me the OP is asking if she missed anything in giving advice to this person. I think you covered all the basics. Plan as much out in advance as possible. Look at the Disneyland site and decide on places you might want to eat, as well as show times for when you will be there so as to not miss any shows you want to see. Also check parade times and Fireworks so as not to miss those either. I don't think there is really anything else you would need to add that you didn't mention already for a first time trip to Disneyland.

• Knows Where His Towel Is

tell her to keep an open mind. Don't go on rides just because it has a few drops, ex. ToT. Yes, it's a thrill ride, yes, there are scary drops, but the reason why people ride ToT is because of the visual effects and the overall experience it provides. Same with Splash, BTMRR, not so much SM.

INTERGALACTIC WRITER FOR THE HITCHHIKER'S GUIDE TO THE GALAXY
    HOOPY FROODS:thinkingofdisney11, DisneyIzz, A113, dmtnt55, MikeSkellington, zephr, Incrediboy, JungleCruiseFan, PerformerInWaiting, MainStreetJake, The Disneylander, littleactressann, DapperJoshua, padgerfan, SS77, DisneyLove, GummiBears_Rock, fangalicious44, animekiti4christ, *disneyprincess*, monorailorange33, Colorized, iskategoofy, stevo505, mandypandy, williamtheking, CaptainEO,Atis, firebolt413, cocoa, WendyInWonderland, ICe101, itsxxdomoxxkun, esquivel

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER!
    ASK ME ANYTHING! :: FORMSPRING.ME
    FOLLOW MY BLOG: <>

• UnExiled Minion

I hope she is going with another adult. Otherwise she'll be putting the "older" children on rides without herself, since she will have to watch the younger ones.
    No, I wouldn't let an 8-year-old ride something by himself. Maybe that's just me.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Canon DSLR Professional

Quote Originally Posted by TaraPiglet View Post
    I disagree with your statement.
    2319. We have a 2319.
    Vance DeBar "Pinto" Colvig was born on September 11, 1892. I was born on September 11, 1959. Goofy huh?
    OOPS.....

• You're all mad!

59.27 miles from my front door to the turnstyles at Disneyland

Quote Originally Posted by DippyDawg'32 View Post
    2319. We have a 2319.
    HA!

...over.
    Better read it first, for if one drinks much from a bottle marked "Poison", it's almost certain to disagree with one sooner or later. - Alice

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by DippyDawg'32 View Post
    "2319. We have a 2319."

Quote Originally Posted by Allison Wonderland View Post
    "HA!

...over."
    But seriously, I would focus on those "hidden gems" like the daily Musical Chairs game at Coke Corner or Plaza Porch every day at 2:30 with Alice, Hatter and who knows who else? Try that for starters.

• Adventurer Slash Explorer

... 2319?
    -doesn't get it-

What do you mean you can use the fastpasses after they expire? I didn't know you could do that.

Also, don't RUSH around doing everything. How long is she staying? If it's more than two days, don't rush. You'll miss a lot. We did that at Disney World, and now we want to go again to actually relax and enjoy the parks. WE missed so much.

Musical Chairs is awsome. Also, try to get there when Alice, Hatter, and the band are right inside the gates. That's pretty funny.

These are really good things you guys added. I'm going to add them ALL into this guide. I hope it'll help. It's not to tell people how to do Disneyland, it's just things to know if you want to know. I think it'll be helpful for people who are only going for a few days and have little kids. I don't know though. It's silly, I wouldn't have even thought to make one until someone mentioned these things were helpful to know.

Much love and aloha,
    Tara

• See you there!

Quote Originally Posted by Diznyfan View Post
    Well most of us are here because of our love for disney not to make money.
    If someone wants to solicit information from others with the idea of writing a guide AND makikng money from said guide. I say GREAT!

Quote Originally Posted by Diznyfan View Post
    If anyone should write a guide it should be Kevin or Al and I think Kevin already has for WDW, so maybe you shouold just write a guide for Magic mountain or something.

Why? I think there are others that can write just as well! If the OP wants to write a guide for DL (or WDW) and make money on it... I say GREAT! Go for it!

Just MHO, YMMV

CU@DL

Andy
    -
    What is, is... What is not, is not.

Boom!

I don't ask for much... Just a few little things!

Extra effort yields extraordinary results!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast