With all the posts on Yesteryear attractions, it got me to thinking…
Why not bring back all the classic Disneyland attractions? I have a plan.
1. Level 40 square miles of Anaheim.
2. Go through Disneyland, land by land and bring back the best.
3. Adventureland – Tahitian Terrace and Swiss Family Robinson Tree house. Move Indiana Jones Adventure (more on this later)
4. New Orleans Square – OK as is
5. Critter Country – Bring back Country Bears (move Pooh!)
6. Frontierland – Mine Train, Mike Fink Keel Boats, Reclaim Tom Sawyer’s Island for Tom! (Move BTMRR)
7. Fantasyland - OK as is, leave it alone! But add back Captain Hook's Pirate Ship and Skull Rock, Skyway and Sleeping Beauty Castle. per merlinjones ( forgot thes things, darn)
8. Toontown – Move it! Put the fireworks back there so they don’t have to close half the park just to have fireworks.
9. Tomorrowland – Original Subs, People Mover, Skyway, Carousel of Progress, Adventures Through Innerspace (move Star Tours), Circlevision (Move Buzz Lightyear), Monsanto House of the Future, move Ariel’s Grotto. Make entrance to Tomorrowland as it was 1967? Thorough late 1990’s move Rocket Jets back to top of People Mover, bring back Lunching Pad. Move Redd Rocket’s and bring back either Mission to the Moon or Mission to Mars (the old vibrating seat version, not the Epcot Mission Space version) and OK, Flying Saucers (but make thme work this time)
10. How could I forget... The old Marque that just said Disneyland (like my avatar)
Maybe I forgot some, Feel free to add.
Now the fun part…
With Anaheim Leveled, they can build a Disney Vacation Destination to rival WDW (be even better as CA has better weather more consistently).
Keep working on DCA. It’s off to a good start, just needs some help.
Add and Epcot
Add a Magic Kingdom or something to put some of the attractions removed from Disneyland and some newer attractions.
Add another park to better fit Things like Nemo Sub voyage and Buzz Lightyear’s Astro Blaster and Indiana Jones Adventure.
Leave lots of space in the new parks for expansion so they don’t get cramped and crowded.
Best for last. Connect all parks and of course all newly built resort hotels with a well running Monorail system.
Re-route all freeways to go around the newly created Disney Vacation Destination.
Rename the area to include the Disney Parks and resorts to something that harkens back to Walt Disney’s time as a homage to the genius that was Walt Disney.
Now IMHO, that would be a Disney Vacation Destination! A Disneyland that would bring back memories to those of us that remember the original and give us something to show the future generations. The new parks could be a tribute to the forward looking Walt Disney, and ever changing as new technology is available.
Ah, well, never gonna happen, mainly because nobody’s going to make me Supreme Decision Maker for Anaheim and Disneyland.
Walt once said, “Just make something that everyone will like” (or something like that). Well, I would like this, but I’m sure most all of the residents of Anaheim would not, but maybe they could just be moved to someplace better and still be a part of the So. Cal Disney Experience.
This was all in fun, I'm not really going to level Anaheim or anything
Just MHO, I know your mileage will vary