Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Fortune Red Says....

Re: Does anyone have info on the Tahitian Terrace coming back?

Oh and I hope no Lilo and Stitch... I enjoyed the movie but its not for the restaurant!
    "Childishness? I think it's the equivalent of never losing your sense of humor. I mean, there's a certain something that you retain. It's the equivalent of not getting so stuffy that you can't laugh at others."
    ~Walt Disney

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Why can't they do a show in the park without some stupid character overlay anymore?

I am sorry but is one of the biggest entertainment companies in the world incabable of coming up with totally original concepts?

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tahitian_terrace22 View Post
    It was such an amazing experience eating at the Tahitian Terrace, it was a tradition for my family every time we went! Can anyone sneak some photos of the condition of how it stands now?
    As far as the kitchen goes....

No need for a photo. That's what it looks like.

The dining area looks like the Aladdin storytelling thing...which is what's there now.

--Barry
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• the subs were cool maan

Quote Originally Posted by Radiobarry View Post
    This thread is not meant to raise any false hopes.

I'm just trying to follow up on something another MC'er posted in another thread...to the effect that it is definitely "coming back".

I used to work at both main restaurants in the Plaza Pavillion Complex, and would like nothing better than two see both of those fine restaurants return.

But there was no response in the thread where I asked the person in question where he might have gotten that information.

As of June 25, the last time I snuck in to take a look, the entire complex had basically been stripped of all equipment.

Anyone have info? Did I miss something? Disneyland is really missing these eateries IMHO...especially the Tahitian Terrace.

--Barry
    ah if it ever did come back, that would be THE PLACE to work. I couldnt imagine working anywhere else man, that would be the SPIT!

• Once A Skip Always A Skip

They tried continuing the dinner show entertainment idea with the original version of Aladdin's Oasis. From what I understand it didn't last long. The kitchen behind Aladdin's Oasis is pretty much as is from the day the show stopped serving dinner, it was used as a prep kitchen for ODV while I was there from 99-03, and still had al the major kitchen components. If you picture a big industrial kitchen...that's pretty much what it looks like. I too heard the rumors that a new dinner show was in the works, but that was in 2003. Does the storytelling show still run? I'm not sure I've ever seen it was anything but a meet and greet lately. Anyhow, if it will help I have a couple of contributions to the cause.

-"Enjoy the rest of your stay here at Disneyland, where all of your dreams come true...well except for two of them, short lines and cheap food."

• Creative Director

Quote Originally Posted by merlinjones View Post
    No Lilo and Stitch! No matter how hard they have tried, those characters aren't really working as perennials - and they'll spoil the classic luau Polynesian theme! Just give us the tropical fantasy and spare the franchise flogging for a change.
    Tell that to Tokyo.

I agree, go with "classic".

Perhaps the rumor has to do with Disneyland TOKYO...

I subscribe to BACKSTAGE WEST, a newspaper for actors which includes a listing of auditions. In last week's there was a posting for the Tokyo Disney Resort which included a need for:

"Polynesian Dancers: skilled in Maori Poi Balls and Tahitian Dance."

I remember so clearly seeing the wonderful show at TT in DL in the 60s and 70's, especially the exciting Tahitian-beat driven dancers, and the Maori Poi Balls dancers; they were all fantastic. I miss that place SO much. It was a wonderful and very cool (temperature-wise) and relaxing experience, especially on one of those hot, crowded, summer SoCal days.

If Tokyo launches TT, perhaps PERHAPS it'll be a hit and they'll bring it back to Anaheim. (I only dread what the prices will go to, judging by what happened to the Blue Bayou.)

Lin

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

What merlin said.

I was fortunate to go to the TT on its last summer. What a great show! When the waterfall suddenly stopped and the fire dancer came out... awesome. I'd love to go again!
    Permanecer sentado por favor...

• Creative Director

Quote Originally Posted by IndiaLin View Post
    Perhaps the rumor has to do with Disneyland TOKYO...

I subscribe to BACKSTAGE WEST, a newspaper for actors which includes a listing of auditions. In last week's there was a posting for the Tokyo Disney Resort which included a need for:

"Polynesian Dancers: skilled in Maori Poi Balls and Tahitian Dance."

I remember so clearly seeing the wonderful show at TT in DL in the 60s and 70's, especially the exciting Tahitian-beat driven dancers, and the Maori Poi Balls dancers; they were all fantastic. I miss that place SO much. It was a wonderful and very cool (temperature-wise) and relaxing experience, especially on one of those hot, crowded, summer SoCal days.

If Tokyo launches TT, perhaps PERHAPS it'll be a hit and they'll bring it back to Anaheim. (I only dread what the prices will go to, judging by what happened to the Blue Bayou.)

Lin
    It is not for something new for Tokyo DL, I believe. They already have a show that requires these type of dancers, thus the audition posting...

Woodland Hills CA - Hottest spot in Los Angeles City Limits

Quote Originally Posted by TrojanSkippa View Post
    They tried continuing the dinner show entertainment idea with the original version of Aladdin's Oasis. From what I understand it didn't last long. The kitchen behind Aladdin's Oasis is pretty much as is from the day the show stopped serving dinner, it was used as a prep kitchen for ODV while I was there from 99-03, and still had al the major kitchen components. If you picture a big industrial kitchen...that's pretty much what it looks like.
    Late 2003 is when they found the dry-rot and mold in the walls and did a big rip-out from the inside and fixed it - Rod got his dressing room moved while they had the building torn up.

They cleaned out all the wonderful fungi from the inside and did the structural repairs to the walls, then patched and painted the outside so it looks perfect to the Guests, you can't tell - but they haven't ever fininshed off the inside walls again, it's bare drywall.

Commercial kitchens need to have the walls finished off with the waterproof fiberglass paneling so they can clean up and hose it down when needed, never been done. They are using the stove hood exhaust duct for the fireworks show wiring. Most of the cooking and prep equipment that was easily movable has been removed, and used in other locations.

--<< Bruce >>--
    There's No Place Like 127.0.0.1

• is too darn hot.

So is there a chance it could come back?
    The Right Honorable Count Boogie Bonz of Random, at your service.

On Track for Weight Loss!

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Cool Re: Does anyone have info on the Tahitian Terrace coming back?

No Lilo and Stitch! No matter how hard they have tried, those characters aren't really working as perennials - and they'll spoil the classic luau Polynesian theme! Just give us the tropical fantasy and spare the franchise flogging for a change.
    I agree with Pineapplewhipaddict, good post Merlin.

Its Ok, but only if Nani's boyfriend sets the place on fire.

• Just this guy......

However, you could do a Lilo and Stitch meet and greet just outside the restaurant. Have an option to take a picture and then go in. That would work without destroying the show.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast