Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 ... LastLast

• Collision speed....FULL!

Re: Is Haunted Mansion Buggy #55 really HAUNTED??

Quote Originally Posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
    I didn't read all the pages so forgive me if this was mentioned.

Has anyone else heard the HM story of the man with a cane sitting in the doombuggy? Supposedly he's in the buggy as it comes into the loading area (like he rode it from the unload), he holds a cane in is hands and has a blank forward stare...never looking to his side and never saying anything. Of course when the loading CM asks the unloading CM if they let someone through they say no.

From what I've heard the roots of this stem from a supposed plane crash that occured around the mansion area a while before Disneyland was built.
    I have heard that story too. This is from DoomBuggies.com...

Piper Dreams
    Contributed by Tim McNamara

"Years ago, when I worked at the Haunted Mansion in Florida (1978-1981), there was a story circulating about a pilot who crashed into Bay Lake, (other side of the Contemporary Resort) in a small plane and died. This was reported to have happened in the 1940's, before WDW, of course. His ghost would be sighted in the Mansion late at night by Cast Members, working alone in position, waiting for the next group of guests. He may have been the infamous "Man with the Cane." This tale was also told by third shift maintenance, who would catch glimpses of this phenomenon after closing."
    and...

The "Man with the Cane:" Is he haunting Orlando to this day?
    Contributed by
    Michael Jamis

I worked the Orlando Mansion in 1978. At that time, a story about "The Man with the Cane" was already circulating. I was told he would appear in an empty Doombuggy in the load area late at night when ride operators were by themselves at the load position. Story goes a girl was working load late one night, they had gone down to one stretch room and the crowds were light. This meant there was usually a lapse in guests between stretch room dumps. This left you, the operator alone for a few minutes, walking the load belt, listening to that music and the sound effects, peering into the darkness that stretched into the ride at one end and from the unload area at the other. So one night this hostess is working load when from the unload area a Doombuggy rounds the corner with a man sitting in the middle of the seat, looking very gaunt, staring straight ahead, hands resting on a cane positioned in front of him. The operator tries to make eye contact and say hello, the man does not respond but instead disappears with the Doombuggy as it works it's way into the ride. The hostess goes to the load console, calls the unload operator on the phone to say, "Who was that you just sent me? He wouldn't say hello!" To which the unload operator responded, I didn't send anyone around to you. They contacted their lead, all waited for the car to come out of the ride and of course when it did... it was empty. We were always told it was the ghost of Yale Gracey. Whether this is true or not I do not know, but I can tell you I cursed the employee who told me the story... especially on those late nights when I was alone, walking the load belt, listening to the music, staring at the wallpaper, the wallpaper staring back at me... I was so relieved when the stretch room doors would open and those guests would pop out...

• been away for a while

Carson City Nevada , no it's not near Vegas

Quote Originally Posted by PirateMunkee View Post
    Anything you can't disprove becomes real evidence
    wow , wrong... sorry Munkee i know you're a good guy but this statement is really really ridiculous

unfortunately within science there is a term called "BURDEN OF PROOF" it's not up to me to disprove ghosts or evp or spirits or demons , it's up to you to prove it , the "BURDEN OF PROOF" rests on your shoulders , i could just as easily say that there is a pink unicorn in the trunk of my car , and it's up to me to prove it not for you to disprove it

and while i do consider myself respectful of others beliefs , i feel that ghosts and spirits are not a matter of opinion , there either is or is not , liking chocolate is a matter of opinion.

the power of suggestion is a powerful thing ,

My Maleficent tattoo

• It's all nonsense

Quote Originally Posted by Nautilus View Post
    I have heard that story too. This is from DoomBuggies.com...

and...
    Thanks! Wrong mansion on my part.

Don't know why, but that story freaks me out and intrigues me at the same time.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • isn't an elitist

Quote Originally Posted by GrimmGreen View Post
    wow , wrong... sorry Munkee i know you're a good guy but this statement is really really ridiculous

unfortunately within science there is a term called "BURDEN OF PROOF" it's not up to me to disprove ghosts or evp or spirits or demons , it's up to you to prove it , the "BURDEN OF PROOF" rests on your shoulders , i could just as easily say that there is a pink unicorn in the trunk of my car , and it's up to me to prove it not for you to disprove it

and while i do consider myself respectful of others beliefs , i feel that ghosts and spirits are not a matter of opinion , there either is or is not , liking chocolate is a matter of opinion.

You can say that there is a pink unicorn in your car, but if there is no evidence that says there is or there isn't one, doesn't mean that it very well may be there (I know there really isn't but you know what I mean). What evidence do you have that says there isn't any real ghosts in Haunted Mansion? I haven't seen any, and frankly I haven't seen any to show that there is. The point, is simple, without evidence pointing either way, you'll never have a real clear cut answer.
    -Jack
    Doc Brown had 2 Deloreans!

• been away for a while

Quote Originally Posted by hollywood1939 View Post
    without evidence pointing either way, you'll never have a real clear cut answer.
    precisely , the only problem is you don't need evidence pointing either way , you only need evidence pointing in ONE way, and that direction is in favor of. i don't need to gather evidence against your claim , you need to gather evidence for your claim ( and i'm not saying YOU as in Hollywood1939 , i'm just saying you as in a general sort of way meaning anyone ) , does that make sense ? sorry i tend to not be so articulate when typing out my ideas...

and for the record i want to say i LOVE the idea of ghosts for entertainment purposes , ghost stories scare the crap out of me , The Ring is one of my favorite movies of all time , and that's what makes the Haunted Mansion work so well , and when you try to explain and measure and record ghosts and haunts and spooks it kinda takes the fun out of it.

Carl Sagan once said "extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence " and he was right about almost everything

sorry i de-railed this thread , I'd much rather get back to talking about the Haunted Mansion

My Maleficent tattoo

• been away for a while

also i found that proof you were looking for

My Maleficent tattoo

• Still wants to be a cat!

A Unicorn in a SUV...Yep I'm convinced!
    Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
    it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

• Minion

Well 1955 is the year DL opened so it is quite odd if doombuggy #55 is haunted.

• Banned User

Disneyland, I Go So Much Might As Well Live There!
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GhostHost2 View Post
    Well 1955 is the year DL opened so it is quite odd if doombuggy #55 is haunted.
    That is what DisneyIPresume thought to until we asked a HM CM, but that was not true, just coincidental.

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by Disneytwins View Post
    The Ghost would care less if the doombuggy is stopped or not. It its attached to the doombuggy It will keep doing what its doing. residual hauntings don't even know that there are actual live people there. It's just something that keeps playing over and over again. Its sorta like a mobile home. If a spirit is attached to it and you move it, it probably still be haunted.
    So are you then claiming that this doombuggy is posessed by the boy? It would go against all other reports and sightings of the boy in the Mansion.

• now that i see you ♥

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Aura of Foreboding View Post
    So are you then claiming that this doombuggy is posessed by the boy? It would go against all other reports and sightings of the boy in the Mansion.
    As I and others have said, the doombuggy is probably just something the boy is tied to, not quite what he can only inhabit, and therefore not contridicting any other sightings.
    dreams. come. true.

• Wishin' On A Star!!!!

The important question is not "Do we believe in ghosts?" but rather "Do ghosts believe in us?" I believe as long as they do!!!
    DisneyBroad54

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • June 3rd, 2011

Belief in Spirits is an opinion just like believing in God. Once again there is no proof in the existence or non existence of the Paranormal. Prove to me there is a God and I'm sure I can come up with the same amount of reasons why there is no God. See what I am getting at? But to just come out and say that Ghosts don't exist, you are basically calling every single person here who has had a Paranormal experience a crackpot. Remember that almost everybody at one time in Earth's existence thought the world was flat. As for the burden of proof, that is why I got into Paranormal Investigations, to find that burden of proof. But that takes time and we will get that proof as investigation techniques and technology improves. Some scientific discoveries take time to come to light. I for one want proof of the existence of spirits because like Agent Mulder on the X-Files says, "I want to believe!". I've been through some things that can't natural be explained away. Seen things that were not brought on by the power of suggestion. The things that were going on in my house growing up were not discussed. I never shared what was happening with my parents out of fear that they would think I was crazy. It was long after the activity stopped that I brought it up with my mother who then told me everything that happened to her at that time. So the question remains, does your opinion that Ghosts do not exist negate every person who has had a paranormal experience? No it doesn't. It takes someone like me though to weed through those experiences and accumulate true experiences over misunderstood natural experiences.
    PirateMunkee

Visit My Horror Designs Store!!!

• been away for a while

i'm Scully... unfortunately i need proof , like i said before i LOVE the idea of ghosts , it's cool and scary , but if you say you saw a ghost... i'm going to need more than simply your word

My Maleficent tattoo

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

i'm Scully... unfortunately i need proof , like i said before i LOVE the idea of ghosts , it's cool and scary , but if you say you saw a ghost... i'm going to need more than simply your word

Well we all want to see proof. Read some books on haunted locations around the world. Watch Ghosthunters on Sci Fi. For many, you'll have to see it to believe it and yet... I've known way too many people that have claimed to have seen SOMEthing. Call it a ghost, call it a miracle... I'll withhold judgement until I can prove otherwise. But I'm optimistic that they do exist.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 ... LastLast