Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hating on HISTA

• Banned User

Delaware...hopefully not for that much longer.

Hating on HISTA

I just wanted to voice my opinion. People keep acting like HISTA is the worst, worst movie EVER.

Here are my points:

1) Nobody complained about Captain EO, which ran for more than 10 years. HISTA has just hit its eighth year. Yes, it's getting old, but not as old as EO Was.

2) Even if you replace it with something cool (I hate hearing about a Hitchhiker movie), it's NOT GOING TO LAST ANY BETTER. All movies get dated and old.

Maybe we should just forget about having a movie in that space altogether and put in something more permanent?

• I found my Prince!

Re: Hating on HISTA

i don't mind it. its cute every once in awhile, but you have to admit its a little cheesy.
    my opinion on captian eo was that it was so much a presentation you were watching but an actual 3D movie. at least when i was younger i really enjoyed seeing over and over again. i loved that orange flying furby thing.

• out & about

Okay... heres the thing.
    Nobody was getting tired of Captain EO because it was a GOOD movie. And even though it was getting old it was still entertaining. People hate on HISTA because its just not that good. It doesnt have the staying power that come with big name like Jackson, Copella, Lucas & Houston. In my opinion there was no way Rick Moranis was going to be able to stand the test of time against its predecessor. The whole concept of HISTA is lame and lacks depth to its plot.
    Even "its tough to be a bug" has the ability to get the crowds coming in cause its educational and has practicle application to our lives.

I say down with HISTA. And while we're at it lets bring down the whole Magic Eye theater. Im a big fan of the open air theater of days gone by.
    "There's no off position on the genius switch"

@WRDinc

• Sock Puppet

I never thought I'd say this, but Motorboatcruise actually makes a good point. And as a HISTA cast member, I hate hearing people say the whole magic eye theatre should be torn down, that means I'd have to go elsewhere. And after watching the movie as many time as I have, usually fifteen times a day, it grows on you. Yeah, it isn't great, but it isn't horrible, that award goes to many adventures of pooh.

• CM for 4 years!

Quote Originally Posted by THE BOB
    Yeah, it isn't great, but it isn't horrible, that award goes to many adventures of pooh.
    BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

You haters. I love Winnie the Pooh's Many Adventures enough to make up for all of you negative-os.

I'm sure if you worked Pooh, you'd be lauding its good points too, you traitor.
    Member of the Disney Class of 2005
    Disneyland CM for 4 years.
    May 6, 2005 - present.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by THE BOB
    I never thought I'd say this, but Motorboatcruise actually makes a good point.
    Well that was mean.

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by melmel
    BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

You haters. I love Winnie the Pooh's Many Adventures enough to make up for all of you negative-os.

I'm sure if you worked Pooh, you'd be lauding its good points too, you traitor.
    Bless you for your courage.

• Hooterville, USA

HISTA is a great place. It's cool inside and the seats are comfortable. The show is really good 3D too! I always include HISTA for anyone that has never seen it. The mice effects always bring laughter and the snake scares people on their first visit. I think it gets an unfair shake.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• Banned User

All movies will get old. Maybe people will miss HISTA when it leaves. It's not bad at all.

• insufferable know-it-all

Trust me, Eo had worn out its welcome too. But you're right in that it was a better cheesy film than HISTA.

I say, tear it out, put in Flying Saucers! Call it "Area 51"

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

• Banned User

I'd love Flying Saucers - as long as they don't cartoonize it, which I think they will do if they put them in WDW like rumors say.

• Fastpass Hater

Quote Originally Posted by MotorBoatCruise2005
    Here are my points:

1) Nobody complained about Captain EO, which ran for more than 10 years. HISTA has just hit its eighth year. Yes, it's getting old, but not as old as EO Was.

I don't get this point. Are you arguing against yourself? And I complained about Captain EO the same way I complain about HISTA now.

• șoș Tom șoș

Quote Originally Posted by MotorBoatCruise2005
    Maybe we should just forget about having a movie in that space altogether and put in something more permanent?
    2 years ago on my 21st went to Vegas with my brother, we ended up at Luxor as I recovered from my hang over, we opted to see a 3d movie made by Imax.

You enter a huge theatre complex with a massive screen in the middle and you sit down. Because the seating is more steap than your normal stadium seating, a bar comes down on your lap. You put on a helmet, that has tiny speakers in it.

The helmet utlizes a newer 3d technology that alternates tiny lights in your helmet many times a second in combination with the way this space movie was filmed, the effect creates a 3dimensionality that blows the current Bugs Life/HISTA/EO tech out of the water.

The film we watched, is a 30 minute show about the international space station and shows CG training footage that is unbelievable. It then moves into space. Astronauts aboard the station literally shot footage on 70 mm IMAX cameras during there stay, capturing amazing footage in 3d of water as it bubbles and spreads through the quarters. Overall this movie blew me away and I wonder why Disney couldn't strike a deal with IMAX to utilize the same tech and even cut down the footage, perhaps even intergrating the speaker technology used in "Alien Escape" and the previous incarnation of "Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln."

**Next time you are in Vegas go see a 3d movie in the Luxor, its amazing**

• Minion

Hey, don't rewrite history! - - Lots of people complained about Captain EO, and frequently. It was, however, being a musical and a fantasy, a far more repeatable film - - a ripe slice of fatty cheese - - rather than this stale piece of dry white toast.

• Disney worshipper/geek

I certainly did not hear much complaining about EO in it's last days, but, like EVERY other ride, there had to be some.

Personally, I could watch it over and over. When it was on cable once, I taped it, and still have the tape. I prefer it to HISTA. I think the problem is the fact the EO, being the immediate predesessor, is clear enough in our minds and seems a tad more sentimental than HISTA. HISTA is such a shameless effects movie, it lacks subtlety in the display of effects. Watching EO without the 3-D-ness of it. It still pretty much holds up as a long-form music video. HISTA, though cute at times, I must admit, doesn't hold up as anything. It feels like it's written around a few moments showing off the fact that it's a 3-D movie.

EO, being directed by George Lucas and Francis Ford Coppolla, has more of a movie feel to it, which makes it a bit more exciting and gives it a bit of a better flow.
    My mind won't rest
    and I don't sleep
    Not even in my dreams...
    -"If You Ever Did Believe"
    written by Stevie Nicks

Chasen Matthew Pacheco
    1985-2005

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast