• a kiss for a thimball

Escondido CA (1hr 15min from door to parked!)

What is going on in September??Hotels??

okay... so my boyfriend and i will have been together for 1 yr on sept 19th... and he said that we would stay at disneyland... so i took the weekend of work... the 21, 22, 23rd... well i went to look at what hotels are available for us to rent... and i was noticing that most of then have friday booked... i was wondering if anyone knows why??... I really wandted to stay in The Grand Californian... but it is booked... in all of the years i have been a disney freak i have never stayed on property... and i think this would be a good time to... but i dont know about the other two hotels... can anyone give me some insite into that too...
    -Miss Wendy Lynn

The second star to the right
    Shines in the night for you
    To tell you that the dreams you plan
    Really can come true

• Oh bother!

Re: What is going on in September??Hotels??

Well for starters you can check the Anaheim Convention website. Perhaps there is a large event going on? Also I believe there is some sort of promotion with the 4th night free that may be increasing attendance.
    Also I think AP's are no longer blocked and start coming to the parks more again.

On a personal note, I have gone the last 2 Septembers because several guide books said that it was a good time... very quiet but great late summer weather and minimal ride closures. Anecdotally, I noticed it was not as quiet as the guidebooks indicated and several people we talked to (in queues, waiting for fireworks etc.) mentioned that's why they went to. Maybe this time is no longer as quiet because the "secret" is out.
    WDW '82 '90 '94 '99 '01 '04 '09x2 '10
    DLR '05 '06 '08 '13

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

I notice you have stayed off site. That's cool. You have just been spared my usual stay-off-site lecture I give to everyone who asks where to stay!

Anyway I notice that is a Friday through Sunday that you are staying. Friday should be light being that school is back in session. But expect it to get crowded in the late afternoon as many locals come after school and work. Saturday will be the most busy and Sunday will be busy too, but not as bad as Saturday. And late afternoon Sunday the crowds will start to get thinner because people will be leaving because they have to get up early the next morning for work and school.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's knittingknurse now.

Blog Entries

Here's what's at the convention center (and I just realized that's the reason why my mom wants me to take Pearl to Disneyland that weekend! She's down here!) :
    SYSCO Foods
    09/19/07
    09/19/07
    AOCVCB Sales Seminar "Mastering Winning Proposals"
    09/20/07
    09/20/07
    CSU Counselor Conference 2007
    09/24/07
    09/25/07
    Best Buy Media Technology Summit 2007
    09/25/07
    09/25/07
    California Bench Bar Biannual Conference
    09/25/07
    09/25/07
    California State Bar Association
    09/27/07
    09/30/07
    Casting Crowns Concert
    09/30/07
    09/30/07

In all honesty, the best time is late winter, early Spring (Jan, Feb and March) before spring break. We come every March (for my daughters b/day) and have very little wait times. I've heard that late Jan and early Feb are the BEST overall times for the park.
    Just my 2 cents.

• Disneymom

We are going to Disneyland the week of Sept 15-23rd. We are staying off property at the Peacock hotel 16th - 23rd. But my 7 yr old really wanted to stay on property So my other two kids ages 16 and 19 are paying for us to stay at the Paradice Pier hotel on the 15th. We got a great deal. They really wanted her to experience it as she was 2 last time we stayed on property at
    disneyland hotel. We really wanted to stay at the DLR but no opening. They told us to call back as there might be cancellations.

We go almost every Feb in the beginning, that is best...

• Man O Lantern

On expedia.com there are openings at both Paradise Pier and Disneyland Hotel for both nights. You could stay at DLH Friday night, then move to GCH for Saturday?

• a kiss for a thimball

Escondido CA (1hr 15min from door to parked!)

We are annual passholders... and we are going on the weekend on purpose... my boyfriend is a plumber by trade... and for everyday he dosent work he loses $200 out of pocket... so we opt to face the crowds... I was just curious as to why that Friday seemed booked?... We are also going in September because it is our anniversary

has anyone stayed at DLH or PP... can i get some advise about thoes hotels??
    -Miss Wendy Lynn

The second star to the right
    Shines in the night for you
    To tell you that the dreams you plan
    Really can come true

• Forever thankful. .

Quote Originally Posted by Wendy_Bird View Post
    has anyone stayed at DLH or PP... can i get some advise about thoes hotels??
    I stayed at the PP once with my daughter and grandkids - May 04 if I remember correctly. We thought it was very nice. The room was large - two queen beds, and a couch that made into a bed besides a play pen folded up in the closet. The bathroom was good size.

We had a room looking out over DCA which was awesome and the kids loved - they upgraded us to that so extra nice.

The hotel staff was good to us. I know people complain about the elevators being slow but we didn't have any problems the time we were there.

I didn't go to the pool but my dd did once and they thought it was ok but not anything spectacular. It seems I read it had been added on to - like a slide but I could be dreaming that one up.

The walk was LONG for me but I am older and not in good shape so for others it may be just fine. My dd had no problem with it - the kids were in strollers.

Hope that helps.

• Once A Skip Always A Skip

I know I am a bit biased in this situation, but I think every hotel offers it's good points. The GCH has it's charms and is of course located within DCA, it also has the smallest rooms out of all three hotel. The PPH features the largest rooms out of all three hotels, and is the most centrally located, tis' also very relaxed, and has everything you need (Lounge, Sundry Shop, Restraunt) located just downstairs in the lobby. The elevators are sometimes oainfully slow, but only if we're super pack. The PPH also only have 10 King size beds in the whole hotel if that is important to you. The DLH is of course the DLH and carries all the tradition that goes into it. If you have any specific questions feeel free to ask.
    -"Enjoy the rest of your stay here at Disneyland, where all of your dreams come true...well except for two of them, short lines and cheap food."