Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

• In a Rocket Rods daze @_@

Re: Wasn't Redd Rocket's a dumb idea?

Quote Originally Posted by 2DieFR
    You got food poisoned? Oh my, well I dunno what they put in that pizza sauce.
    He he. Yeah, I did. he.
    Rocket Rods--Ride The Road To Tomorrow

• Official Mice Chat person

Redd Rockets needs some color changes. It has these strange teel/red/orange colors. They need to update it a bit. I say they keep it where it is, it's a nice restaraunt with great food. They just need to actually make it Futuristic! Eating is an important part in our society, and people really love it. (I do anyways) So I think in the future people will have mastered how we dine. They need to have touchscreen menus built into the tables laying flat, but sunk into the table. Once your entire party has ordered what they want, and made all final changes, you press the "order button" and within minutes a server will come out with your entire partys food. But before you can press the order button you have to insirt the correct amount of money into a slot built right into the table it's self. While eating, to prevent setting your food right on the touch screens, there will be slider that you slide across to cover the screen. (water proof just incase of spills) Now THAT'S futuristic dining!

• Puppy Cuddles

Okay, first of all, they cannot call it Pizza Planet because some guy bought the patent or copyright of that name after Toy Story came out. They did not want to pay that guy. Second of all if I can't get my crack pasta, people get hurt. It's just as simple as that. (Okay, no it would end up more like I would throw a fit and hurt myself) And one of the greatest things about R2P3 is not only that it is one of the quickest lines in the park, but that once you get your food, there's always plenty of places to sit and eat it. I think it's really great that they decided to actually give people more space because after I've been at the park for half a day or so I like to relax and eat lunch.
    The King is back and he's ready to kick some tail. Do not mess with a mouse in black.

• the subs were cool maan

the initial idea for the resteraunt is good (vintage tomorrowland vehicles all over the place, some re-cyled to make tables, vintage posters, etc.) but the budget, location, and timing were alllllllllllllll bad.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Godwin Glacier, Alaska

I'm joining this discussion really late. I've never eaten at R2P2, but I've heard a lot of reports here that the food is pretty good. However, I remember from all the times waiting in line for Space Mountain (obviously a couple of years ago) that the place always looked deserted.
    "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."
    -Art Linkletter July 17, 2005-

When you wish upon a star your dreams come true.

• Banned User

Delaware...hopefully not for that much longer.

What was wrong with Redd Rocket's budget? Looks like they did a good job with budget there...

Location was BAD, I agree.

Timing...bad...I can agree. TL98 was awful.

• Resident Neuroscientist

on a college campus for the rest of my life

Quote Originally Posted by Small Panda After All
    Okay, first of all, they cannot call it Pizza Planet because some guy bought the patent or copyright of that name after Toy Story came out. They did not want to pay that guy. Second of all if I can't get my crack pasta, people get hurt. It's just as simple as that. (Okay, no it would end up more like I would throw a fit and hurt myself) And one of the greatest things about R2P3 is not only that it is one of the quickest lines in the park, but that once you get your food, there's always plenty of places to sit and eat it. I think it's really great that they decided to actually give people more space because after I've been at the park for half a day or so I like to relax and eat lunch.
    I'm sorry, that is simply NOT true. Disney has already built a Pizza Planet, as I have stated more than once, and it is currently located at the Disney-MGM Studios, so they have the rights to build one.
    -Kyle, Member of the DCA Lovers Alliance
    I'M GOING TO YALE!!!!!!!

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Mickey and 'Key

Blog Entries

I'm not a big Redd Rockets' fan. The pizza's gross and the pasta always tastes funny. Or maybe it's just the strange smell inside? Anyway, I always feel a wee bit nauseous in there.

I will admit that at least it's something different, and I like how big their seating area is.
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

No, I don't think it was a dumb idea. There needed to be a non-burger and indoor alternative on that side of the park. Tomorrowland Terrace doesn't cut it. And in times like now when the park is completely packed and people wait 45 minutes at Plaza Inn for food, it's good to have another restaurant. And besides I like to have the variety of food.

Now, Innoventions? Taking out the Peoplemover, and being cheap with Rocket Rods? Shutting down the Subs? Letting Space Mountain deteriorate to the point where it had to be shutdown for two years? Yeah, those are all *bad* ideas.

• FastPass n00b

Although I've never eaten there, I can't help but feel a loss of an attraction. If they really wanted a big restaurant so badly, they could've opened up Aladdin's Oasis, or even better, the Tahitian Terrace. I'm sure the restaurants/ODV will get the reorganization they so badly need with time. When you have Aladdin's Oasis closed and the Tiki Room running on extremely limited hours combined with ODV everywhere and a restaurant taking over an attraction, there's a problem there. But Matt Ouimet and staff have already shown an interest in improving the food situation and I'm confident the mess that Pressler/Harris left behind in food will be taken care of in the near future.

I think Disney's obsession for tacking on storylines onto every little thing, including pizza parlors, is really corny. Don't get me wrong, Disneyland has some of the best story-driven rides out there, but the Redd's Pizza parlor story sounds so forced and corny that NO story would've been better than that. I think Space Mountain's improved "storyline" about launching into space and coming back home to base is incredible and well done. But tacking on a story about a pizza parlor...I think someone was really reaching for that one.

• Rock Star Minion

Let's see, the rule of thumb is to replace an attraction with something better...
    The food is good and light and different from the rest of the park's offerings, Fast, too, every time I've been. I like it. Better than Mission to the Moon/Mars.
    TL '98 as a whole was bad.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Iron-Clad Allie

Anytime that a restaurant replaces an attraction. it is a bad idea - even if an attraction hadn't been housed at the place in question for around six years - which is the case here.

As far as the pizza and pasta go, Red Rocket is one of the most delicious destinations this side of Alpha Centari. In an effort to try to satisfy a broader group of people, perhaps Disney should create a combination restaurant / attraction - Stitch's New Red Rocket Pizza Escape. Since they're both cheesy, they belong together anyway.

Just bring your food and drinks to your seat, get strapped in and enjoy the show. Chuck E. Cheese finally has some serious competition.
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 07-07-2005 at 06:49 PM.

While I did not enjoy all of TL-97's components, I have to say I enjoy Redd Rocket's Pizza Port. I always go there for either lunch or dinner. And, while the crowd control needs adjustment, I still enjoy their salads and pizza. Plus, it's a chance to get a swig of milk (my favorite!).
    "The views and opinions expressed on this post are mine and do not necessarily represent or reflect those of The Walt Disney Company."

Ding-dong! May I interject for a second? As a Disneyland aficionado for the past thirty years, if there's one thing I've learned, it's that if you're craving Mission to Mars, Redd Rockett's just doesn't cut it. In fact, just thinking about those two circular showrooms with those huge, round video screens that just explode in your eyeballs like flavor crystals every time you look into one ... just makes me want to burn this mother down. Come on, Pookie, let's burn this mother down! Come on, Pookie! Let's burn it, Pookie! Let's burn this mother down! Let's burn it down! Let's burn it!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123