Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Re: Baseball tie-ins

Quote Originally Posted by fo'c's'le swab View Post
    Die-hard A's fans never forgave Reggie for deserting to the Yankees at the heighth of his career with the A's (after a comparitively generous offer), and the heighth of A's dominance in the League. In fact, I was there the day they retired his #. He was booed .
    Technically, Reggie didn't desert the A's for the Yankees. He was traded to Baltimore in the 1976 season. The A's got Don Baylor among others in return... Reggie signed with the Yanks the next year, and Baylor and Joe Rudi headed to Anaheim as free agents.

--Barry
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's knittingknurse now.

Blog Entries

Doesn't CA have 5 baseball teams? Giants, As, Dodgers, Padres, and Angels? You'd think there'd be more rivalry... or less teams.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Quote Originally Posted by fo'c's'le swab View Post
    Actually I'm an A's season ticket holder, and the A's fans are tough. We are infamous (undeservedly so, in my opinion) for throwing objects at players and brawls-in-stands. We're not up to the level of vocal hostility as, say, the boo-birds in Philly ( ), but, still, we do have a 'reputation'.

A's fans, incidentally, for the most part hate the Angels, and since Disney owned them for a spell, we don't care much for seeing Disney represented at the Coliseum. I speak in generalities of course, but there exists an intra-divisional rivalry twixt the A's and Halos, that can get quite heated (see the recent 'throwing behind' Guerrero incident).
    The A's vs. Angels rivalry is bad, but it doesn't hold a candle to the Giants and Dodgers! Although I have to hand it to the A's fans. They don't attract near as many people to their games (Even though I am an Angels fan it is sad seeing that upper deck empty) but they are just as loud if not louder than the Angels fans!

• Squaw NO gettum firewood!

Hooray for A's fans on micechat! I agree that Mickey wouldn't go over well with A's fans - there's even a hidden anti-mickey in the renderings for the new ballpark. I'm going to go back to sulking about being 12 back.
    "Remember 'Old Yeller'? We shot the dog." - Roy E. Disney

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RumRunner31 View Post
    Hooray for A's fans on micechat! I agree that Mickey wouldn't go over well with A's fans - there's even a hidden anti-mickey in the renderings for the new ballpark. I'm going to go back to sulking about being 12 back.
    And pardon me for some redundancy here...but we welcome all baseball fans to our ongoing talkin' baseball thread. We don't see many A's fans over there. You are all welcome!
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• Banned User

Summizing:

Good Idea: The ears giveaways, the character appearences.

Bad Idea: A's fans hating anything Disney.

But what about the promotion of "Buy a Two-Day Park Hopper for the price of a One-Day Admission" coupon? Would that draw bidness to the park for fans?

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Don't forget, Southern Californians already get a 2-parks-for the price of 1 promotion in the first quarter of each year...pay for one park, come back another day for the second with the final eligible day usually in late April.

That and AP's make up a big chunk of DCA's attendance.

--Barry

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Angel stadium had a promotion where they gave out mouse ears to all the fans. Wait, those were just mouse ears scampering around the hotdogs & popcorn. My mistake, carry on.

Chad

• Beach Expert

Quote Originally Posted by aashee View Post
    Angel stadium had a promotion where they gave out mouse ears to all the fans. Wait, those were just mouse ears scampering around the hotdogs & popcorn. My mistake, carry on.

Chad
    Actually that's a GREAT idea! They have mouse-ears for everything else. I would totally buy mouse ears with the Angels logo on it!

•   
    • Blind to His Own Faults

Quote Originally Posted by Radiobarry View Post
    Technically, Reggie didn't desert the A's for the Yankees. He was traded to Baltimore in the 1976 season. The A's got Don Baylor among others in return... Reggie signed with the Yanks the next year, and Baylor and Joe Rudi headed to Anaheim as free agents.

--Barry
    Orioles, not Yanks. With the advent of Free Agency that year, Jackson was dealt after he and Finley warred over a huge salary increase. It is rumored that Jackson 'sandbagged' it that half-year with the A's, further incurring A's fan's wrath. Everything seemed to end up OK for Mr. Jackson, however; all things considered . Oops, more de-railment.

'Family-friendly' Parks (not the Coliseum) and Disney seem, on the surface, a pretty good pairing. How have these promotions fared in times past at Angel Stadium, and Chavez Ravine?

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

^^^ ^^^ ^^^

As I said previously, it would be nothing new for the Angels. See post number 5.

--Barry

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's knittingknurse now.

Blog Entries

Chad
    Okay that's just funny!

I went to the 1st home game at Angels stadium after Father's Day this year with my dad and family. I think it was the Tuesday after Father's Day (June 17th?). The lovely and amazing Stanley cup was there along with a the Crash-test dummies (the dummies, not the 1990s band). You'd think the Angels would have some sort of give-away for the dads. No they had something for kids. Someone should've have jumped on that... :::cough cough Disney cough:::

• Banned User

[]The Phillies have seperate promos for ticketholders moms and dads every year[/]

As for the Crash Test Dummies, I sing "Mmmmmmm mmmmmm mmmmmmmm mmmmmm..."

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    Actually that's a GREAT idea! They have mouse-ears for everything else. I would totally buy mouse ears with the Angels logo on it!

Hell, I'd even buy a jersey. On the back it will proudly say "Ratamir Guerrero"

Chad

• Beach Expert

Hell, I'd even buy a jersey. On the back it will proudly say "Ratamir Guerrero"

Chad
    That's cool. Just so long as I get one that says "Micer Izturis"

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast