Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• Disney Dreams

Disneyland Trip Report! ( Lots of Photos! )

Last week was my very FIRST trip to Disneyland! As a frequent WDW visitor (and AP holder ), this was very exciting for me - and let me just say, I loved it! Now on to the Trip Report!

7/28/07-8/4/07

Day 1

After a 5 hr. flight to LAX, we waited ( about 45 min.! ) for Disney's Magical Express, to take us to the Disneyland Hotel.

Disney's Magical Express!

Arriving at the Disneyland Hotel:

I already felt like I was at home!

Beautiful mural immediately inside the lobby

Sorcerer Hat right next to our building!

Upon arrival, we checked in, and met a VERY nice CM named Debbie who was extremely helpful and kind, and got us a 9th Floor Concierge Level room without paying Concierge price ( we did not get concierge service ).
    The view from our room was absolutely wonderful! We could very clearly see DCA, and parts of DL as well as the DTD area.

Matterhorn and part of DTD

DCA - Cali Screamin', Maliboomer, Sun Wheel, Orange Stinger, etc.
    Hotel: 10/10After getting to our room and dropping off our luggage, we headed off to the parks! With an 8 day hopper in hand, my mother, grandmother and myself scooted off to Disneyland! We hopped on the monorail, ( which we found to our surprise, tilts as it rounds corners ) and it was a short 2 minute trip to DL, and were dropped off in Tomorrowland. Seeing the subs was great, and just seeing the whole atmosphere was wonderful. We ate at Redd Rocket's Pizza Port. Food wasn't great, but wasn't horrible either.
    Food: 6/10
    Our first ride was Alice in Wonderland - (7/10) - and then the Storybookland Boats - (5/10) - I found the boat very uncomfortable, and felt like it was going to topple over at any moment. It was really "OK" for me, not really worth a second time unless you're just walking around with nothing to do.

Blurry pic of Storybookland plants - sorry!

Lighthouse in front of Storybookland

Aladdin's Palace

We wandered around a little more, and then we saw it. Sleeping Beauty's Castle. We came up from behind the castle and at night, so it had the lights shining on it. The first thing I noticed ( other than size difference between WDW and DL of course ) was how beautiful it looked! And how inviting and warm it seemed!
    ~Now I must tell you about a pretty funny incident. Upon seeing the castle for the first time, I told my mom, "There it is! Sleeping Beauty's Castle!" and she says, "No it's not. That's too small - how can that be it?" I kept insisting, but she refused to believe me. She walked up to a CM and said, "This is probably going to sound extremely stupid, but is that Sleeping Beauty's Castle?" The CM replied, "Yes ma'am, it is.". When she turned around, he gave that "I can't believe I just heard that" look, and walked away. I was embarrassed to admit I knew her at that moment..

Castle: 11/10

First photo of Sleeping Beauty's Castle!

View from the front ( where my mom agreed it looked like the castle )

Disney Crest on Castle

After wandering Main Street ( which is much smaller in comparison to WDW's - in terms of building height ), we decided to call it a night and head back to the hotel for the next day.

Blurry pic of Main Street - sorry!

Steamboat Willie's always a popular show at the Main Street Cinema

Finding Nemo on the monorail

The Subs are back!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Day 2 found us at DCA. We entered through the Grand Californian side entrance, ( which has a beautiful hotel lobby! ) - which gave us an immediate beautiful view of Grizzly Peak and Grizzly River Run!

Grizzly River Run

Grizzly Peak

Don't forget you're life jacket!

After picking up FP for Soarin', we ate lunch at Pilot's Taste somethin' or other... which got a (5/10). The food wasn't very great for us, and my mom thought the burger made her a bit sick... - Soarin' got an (8/10) - my mom got extremely dizzy, which she normally wouldn't on Florida's - she said that the video seemed to run more quickly and was a bit choppier than what she's used to. ( Mind you, my mom is very motion-sickness prone - which is probably another warning we ignored before entering - I can handle anything and everything, while she can't )

Soarin' to tower - we're ready for take-off ( and barf - bags )

After this, we headed off towards Paradise Pier ( entering from the Orange Stinger (9/10) side ) - I really enjoyed the Orange Stinger, which can be proven from this photo:

I'm the one in the blue tee and smiling

Then I rode the MaliBoomer (10/10), which was frighteningly wonderful - my heart was beating rapidly seconds before the launch, yet I was completely excited to be riding!
    The second I got off, I got right back on! Single Rider Line, and NO ONE in front of me!

This ride's a blast!

California Screamin' - on such a summer's day!

Next my mom and I did Stand-By on Cali Screamin' (10/10), which I thought was completely spectacular from start to finish - my mom? "It was.... OK". In case you can't see from the picture, it was a 15 minute wait, but probably shorter.

This ride really threw me for a loop!

Me and my mom ( next to me ) - she loved it! Honest....

After this we headed back around Paradise Pier and caught Block Party Bash (9/10) ( whose pictures came out terribly - sorry! ), and headed over to the Animation Academy to draw ( or attempt ) Minnie Mouse. Quite frankly, my future is not in the arts. We then went off into the Hollywood area of the park, which was very very similar to the look of MGM-Studios, and rode Monster's Inc. Mike and Sulley to the Rescue! (9/10), and the Tower of Terror!

Hollywood and Disney all in one place!

I loved the look and theming of the Monster's Inc. area!

We probably weren't supposed to take flash pictures... but who listens to those warnings anyways?

You tell him, Boo!

Yay! They found Boo's door!

~Cue Tower of Terror music~

After this, we did Stand-By for the Tower of Terror (10/10)- I don't care which coast you're on, this ride rocks.

evil tower u r doomed.....

But of course, some stupid idiots next to us HAD to flip off the camera during the picture, so......

It was our first ride too! I could have just choked them..

Soon after, we hit Bug Land and Heimlich's Chew Chew Train (7/10) and Tuck and Roll's somethin' or other.... (7/10).

It started to get darker about an hour or so after this, and it was getting close to park closing (9:00 p.m.), so as they were starting to clear out the park, we made our quick get-a-way and left the park and called it a night.

I love their re-creation of the Golden Gate Bridge! - and notice underneath the bridge, you can see Disneyland's train station!

But how could I leave without taking a picture next to the first letter in my name?!
    ( - By the way, that guitar purse of mine got MANY compliments on this coast as
    well as mine - I got many "Where did you get that?" comments! ) I can't remember
    how many times I said "the shop outside of Rockin' Roller Coaster in MGM, in Orlando"!

Day 3 - More Details Coming Soon!

• Circle of Ancients

Re: Disneyland Trip Report! ( Lots of Photos! )

Great TR so far!!!

Can't wait to see more.

• Picturing the Magic

Awesome TR. Can't wait for day 3++....I always love reading Trip reports form first timers to Disneyland. It gives a neat persepective on Disney's magic.

(Sign up and search "Splashmoun10")

I use a Nikon D50 with a 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 ED AF-S DX Zoom-Nikkor Lens and a Zoom-Nikkor 70-300m f/4-f/5.6 G

Check out my latest TR (August 4th---August 11th) at Disneyworld!

Check out my latest TR (January 4th) at Disneyland!

• Shubisha

no electrical parade?

• Dreams do come true

Great report, I cannot wait for more!!, It's cool to see your WDW POV

• Minion

I love this so far!

• Disney Dreams

Day 3

Back to Disneyland! The Castle was happy to greet us when we arrived:

Don't you just love that sky?

Pretty little statue near the castle

A picture ( in this case a statue ) is worth 1000 words....

Off to Tomorrowland!

There's a great big beautiful tomorrow...

We rode Star Tours with a 10 min. wait ( as opposed to WDW's 40+ min. wait - that's on the off-season ), and yep, you guessed it, my mom got dizzy. I tell her not to ride, but she doesn't want me to ride alone.

Finding Nemo? I don't think so - Nemo can stay lost if it means I have to wait 120+ minutes.

Autopia was lots of fun!

After a 20 min. Autopia (9/10) stand-by, we were ready to ride - I really loved the ride, and the gas smell wasn't as intense as WDW. The cars here definitely go faster than the ones in WDW! But another coast still means the same bumpiness on the track.
    After this, we caught the Parade of Dreams (10/10), which was a nice change from the "Dreams Come True" parade we're used to here in Florida - I really loved it!

Picture perfect parade ending with a Matterhorn backdrop!

After the parade, we waited a 15 min. Matterhorn (10/10) stand-by, and really enjoyed the ride! My mom actually didn't get sick *gasp*, and enjoyed it!
    I didn't take many pictures after this, and ate dinner at about 5:00p.m., and rode a few more rides. My mom didn't want to get back too late to the hotel, because we had the Walking in Walt's Footsteps tour the next day! We only got back at 12:30a.m. - not too bad
    Day 4

We dragged my grandmother the next day to the Walking in Walt's Footsteps tour (11/10). I couldn't believe how great it was! Our tour guide took us to many great locations, and we experienced The Enchanted Tiki Room (7/10) and Jungle Cruise (8/10). Walt narrated some of our tour as well, through headphones we were each given. A few pictures of things we saw on the tour: ( I won't post pictures of the Club33 lobby since I'm not sure if I'm allowed, or of the Lilly Belle caboose on the train )

Walt and the mouse that started it all...

Firestation and Walt's apartment above!

Those are some happy elephants!

In the tiki tiki tiki tiki tiki room....

Oooh.. exclusive

Mark Twain Riverboat!

Pretty waterfall!

It really is a small world!

I love this sign and backdrop!

That just about does it for the tour - I had a few more pictures, but because I'm not sure what is/isn't allowed, I won't go into those.
    We rode Big Thunder Mountain that day (10/10),Splash Mt. (10/10), It's a Small World (9/10), Casey Jr. Circus Train (10/10), Pinocchio's Daring Journey (7/10), The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh (8/10), Snow White's Scary Adventures (8/10), among many others!

Casey Jr. comin' down the track.....

Love the archways!

Pretty scenery, uncomfortable boats

More pictures to come soon! And days 5-7
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

great trip report! Can't wait for more

• KING OF CABMF'S

Oh that looks liek so much fun

Hehe, she gave us that same look on the WDW tower of terror

That Rock n Rollercoaster bag is so awesome

Lol, i thought that was the castle for a second

They left the light in the window on just in case walt wants to come home... how nice
    ADD ME.[:

WHAT I'VE LEARNED FROM MICECHAT...
    1. IF YOU APPRECIATE SOMETHING THAT ISN'T THE MAJORITY OPINION, YOU'RE NOT WANTED HERE.
    2. IF THERE'S CHIPPED PAINT IN THE QUEUE FOR A LINE, EXPECT SOMEONE TO WRITE OUT A BIG STORY BASHING IT. WOOHOO.
    3. IF YOU'RE UNDER THE AGE OF 24, YOU'RE AN 'EISNER BRAT.'
    4. PEOPLE WHO ARE DEEMED AS 'MODERATORS' AND OTHER ADMINISTRATION ARE MORE IMPORTANT DIETIES THAN JESUS CHRIST.
    5. YOU CAN EXCPECT TO BE BADLY REPPED IF YOU TRY AND MAKE A SERIOUS POINT.
    6. YOU ARENT TAKEN SERIOUS IF YOU'RE UNDER THE AGE OF 16.
    7. AS AN ADD-ON TO #6, YOU SHOULD BE TREATED AS A SUBORDINATEIF YOU ARE IN A THEME PARK WAITING 30 MINUTES IN LINE FOR A DRINK WHILE SOMEONE HAS TO RECOUNT PIZZAS.
    8. "Disney may not care to hear your comments, but we do." WTFFF??? THIS ISN'T A DISNEY FAN FORUM, IT'S A DISNETY BASHING SITE.
    9. CERTAIN PEOPLE OVER ANALYZE A SIMPLE THREAD AND CONSIDER IT TO BE A CONTRACT FULL OF LOOPHOLES THAT HE/SHE CAN GET AROUND.
    AND FINALLY...
    10. PROLONGED USE OF THIS SITE CAN CAUSE AN EXTREME HATE OF DISNEY AND ALL DISNEY RELATED THINGS.

M-U-H Muhfukka.
    [:

• Disneyland Bound

Awesome pictures and report! I like your rating system for the food and rides. What did you think of the Disneyland Express Bus? We'll be taking it from LAX in October.

• KC to DL= 1,640 miles

Goin' to Kansas City. Kansas City Here I Come

Quote Originally Posted by WDWGirl View Post

After this, we did Stand-By for the Tower of Terror (10/10)- I don't care which coast you're on, this ride rocks.

evil tower u r doomed.....

But of course, some stupid idiots next to us HAD to flip off the camera during the picture, so......
    [I]

It was our first ride too! I could have just choked them..

Uggh. That stinks. I would've sent them into another dimension...Just kidding. Great TR so far.

• Disney Dreams

Quote Originally Posted by lil lisa View Post
    Awesome pictures and report! I like your rating system for the food and rides. What did you think of the Disneyland Express Bus? We'll be taking it from LAX in October.
    The Express bus was very comfortable and cozy, and the ONLY complaint I had was having to wait almost an hour for it. BUT, we also found out later that the bus leaves every hour to and from the Disneyland Resort, so we may have just missed it when we went out to wait on it. It's about 35 miles from LAX to DL ( or vice-versa ), so it's about a 40-45 min. drive. But the bus itself was quite comfortable. Nothing like the regular ones you'd take.

• I'll pencil this in later

CON!! you made it to DL? yay great TR, I wish I could've met up with you. I was supposed to be at DL one of those days too, but something came up. :[ boo! glad you had fun cant wait to see more.

• Disney Dreams

Day 5

Day 5 and we're back in Disneyland!

Walt sure loved his trains!

The detail that goes into making you feel like you're in another era is fantastic

We found ourselves in Critter Country which, while being very small, is still a cute land - and it's something different from what I'd normally experience in WDW.

Pretty sign!

Look out beloooooow.....

Tarzan's Treehouse (5/10) was pretty similar to our Swiss Family Robinson treehouse, but very different with theming and scenery obviously. It's just that trekking across a treehouse doesn't appeal to me very much, so it didn't get a high rating for me.

Big Thunder Mountain was awesome!

New Orleans Square is always celebrating Mardi Gras!

I have to go for now, but more pictures soon!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Great TR, the descriptions make it really interesting.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast