Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• Minion

Re: Favorite "Parade Of Dreams" Moment

the walt part in front of alices float
    the marionette girls on pinochio lol

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Sorry about that last post. To be honest I really do like the part that the TS was talking about. It just irritates me how they have to basically close off half the park in order for it to proceed. (One of my DL pet peeves). My apologies to you all and to the TS.

Well, as essentially everyone else has said, I love the beginning of the show stop, when the characters freeze and the music changes over to "Welcome". As for the show stops themselves, I like the Mickey/Princesses float and the Alice in Wonderland floats about equally, and Ariel's shell rising up is awesome, but the actual showstop isn't as cute as Alice's cards or the vast amounts of dancing on the finale float.

As for my favourite unique moment... I saw a video on Youtube one time, and I can not remember who it belonged to (maybe it's buried in my favourites somewhere), but it involved Minnie getting "angry" at Mickey for jostling her out of frame on the video. Adorably cute, and I love the attitude of the castmembers involved for giving a Guest a little "show" for their video.
    You don't need me or my ham, cheese, cheese, cheese, tomato, cheese, ham and tomato sandwiches. And cheese.

• Winter in Oceanside...

I am not a big fan of this parade, but I do love the music, and, of course, Walt "To all who come to this happy place..."

• Disney Dreams

A funny moment I witnessed during a Parade of Dreams showing, was, at the end of the show stop, when the characters are putting away their golden ribbon-ed wands, Donald on the last float was smacking Minnie on the arm with his wand so she would put it away for him ( I assume ), and she grabbed it as he turned around to go inside the float ( he was on the middle level of the float, Minnie was with Mickey at the top ). When he came back out, she smacked him with it, and when Donald looked up at her, she waved at him cutely and blew him a kiss. I thought it was just a funny moment, and I honestly don't think it's planned..... but then she dropped the wand on the ground, and one of the ground characters picked it up and put it away somewhere.

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

I'm not a big fan of parades, but I don't know why everyone doesn't love them. If you like them, watch them. If you don't like them, now you have a couple thousand people not in line for the rides you like.

Simple math in my book.

Chad

• Queen Elsa

I remember last satday. When I video tape the first showing of POD at the end when Cinderella,Aurora & Snow White was putting away the gold flags. Cinderella was walking back to the back to put them away and got her dress cot on the rail of the float. She had a hard time getting her dress out and the float was starting to move again and it kind of push her back a little bit.

• "I Break Things"

Snow White passing out on the float in front of Matterhorn. That is of course after it was determined she was ok!
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

• Disney Dreams

Quote Originally Posted by techskip View Post
    Snow White passing out on the float in front of Matterhorn. That is of course after it was determined she was ok!
    Do you know if this was because of the heat? or...

• "I Break Things"

Quote Originally Posted by WDWGirl View Post
    Do you know if this was because of the heat? or...
    The why was not as important to me as the knowledge that she was ok. At the time it was actually pretty scary, but now we all laugh about it and it's one of the few "highlights" of a parade I actually don't like.
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

• Queen Elsa

I remember it was the first year when POD came out I think it was in Oct. or Nov. when the Parade was about to start they had to delay it for about 20 mintues I think it was. Cause what I over hear from some cast memebers they had to call a ambulance cause the Fairy Godmother past out. So there has been some bad times in the parade as well as fun and funny parts.

• Happiest Girl On Earth

Quote Originally Posted by tcsnwhite View Post
    I just came back from the resort a week or two ago, and I noticed that the fish kite girls (in which there is supposed to be three of them) were hardly out. One day, maybe two came out. None the rest of the time, and I saw the parade everyday of the 4 days I was there. Wonder if it is just issues with the cast, perhaps time to recast or remount. I don't know...
    I also noticed quite a bit during those 4 days of a number of performers being in and out.
    One of my friends is a fish kite... Or rather, was. The kites broke a while ago and for whatever reason they haven't been fixed. I think they may have fixed one or two, but they can never use all of the girls they've scheduled and usually throw them into other parts (such as Rope at the end of the parade, or even doing the mechanics for Nala on the Lion King float). It actually isn't an issue in terms of recasting, because she said that they just hired a new girl!... Ironic because they have no where to put her.

There I was somewhere West of Tomorrowland
    Flying through the stars just like
    Peter Pan
    I said...Dang this looks too good to be true...

It's a nice day when you wake up in
    Disneyland...
    -Five For Fighting, "Disneyland"

• A Suitcase & A Dream

Quote Originally Posted by Capt Hook's View Post
    I remember last satday. When I video tape the first showing of POD at the end when Cinderella,Aurora & Snow White was putting away the gold flags. Cinderella was walking back to the back to put them away and got her dress cot on the rail of the float. She had a hard time getting her dress out and the float was starting to move again and it kind of push her back a little bit.
    I saw a similar thing happen with Donald but it was during the show stop, he was coming from the back of the float carrying the flags and got one caught on the rail and he couldn't pull it off cause his "hands" were full, Auora came to help him.

• Banned User

Disneyland, I Go So Much Might As Well Live There!
    Blog Entries

The funny part I saw was at the Pinochioo float, the toys were dancing when all of a sudden, the switch fell off from one of the toys and the rest of the toys gathered. They all looked confused until one of the toys picked it up and attached to the toy whose switch came off and continued their dance, hahaha!!! THAT WAS FUNNY!!!

Near enough to disneyland to love the fireworks...

I don't know about you, but the parade of MY dreams is BLOCK PARTY BASH!!! haha.

No POD is fun, I just like BPB more!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast