Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Re: Anyone ever seen this Eisner quote before?

I agree with most people here. After all, in 50 plus years from now, I bet that some of the famouse attractions of today will either not exist or will be completly different.

• Minion

There was plenty of room for Star Tours in the abandoned Carousel or Mission to Mars spaces - Inner Space didn't >need< to go. I'm sure they just wanted it "up front." Or Eisner's kid didn't like it...

The biggest problem is that he has had no clue about the difference between what should and shouldn't remain...

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by merlinjones
    There was plenty of room for Star Tours in the abandoned Carousel or Mission to Mars spaces - Inner Space didn't >need< to go. I'm sure they just wanted it "up front." Or Eisner's kid didn't like it...

The biggest problem is that he has had no clue about the difference between what should and shouldn't remain...
    That and he may not have listened to what other people had to say about the ride before he took out the fire axe and started hacking down walls...
    Check out my other blog:

• Minion

>>That and he may not have listened to what other people had to say about the ride before he took out the fire axe and started hacking down walls...<<

Along with Mary Blair's handcrafted tile mural...

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Do you guys think they should have taken out the country bears in Disneyland? I viewed that as a popular attraction.

• Vehicle rotating backward

Quote Originally Posted by Soulquarian
    I agree with sediment. Taking out popular attractions or classic ones to put in pieces of ones makes no sense. Like the Tarzan tree house, or Pooh, or Innoventions.

Disneyland should have quality rides, not ones that capitalize on "in the now" characters or movies...
    If the Tarzan's Treehouse was done in higher quality, would you be against it?

Keep in mind that the legendary Disney movies weren't considered legendary when they were made. Swiss Family Robinson sure wasn't. Fantasia, on release, bombed so damn hard that Walt issued a near-apology for it and promised to set his sights in other directions while accepting an award.

And sometimes Walt did strike big, and capitalize on it. Davy Crockett was huge in the 50s. Yet it's not a story that was entirely conceptualized by Disney. I hear something similar being said of Pixar rides in the park, that Disney didn't come up with the original concept so they shouldn't make a ride out of it. That same logic would have applied to Walt's Davy Crockett attractions.

• Vehicle rotating backward

Quote Originally Posted by merlinjones

Did you ever ride Inner Space? I ask that honestly, because I know everyone likes to talk about the attractions they never got to try.

ATIS was a nice idea in concept, but in execution it wore thin after a number of years. By the time it was scheduled to go out, it wasn't much more than the place where young men would take their women to grope.

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyMania
    By the time it was scheduled to go out, it wasn't much more than the place where young men would take their women to grope.
    You write it as if that were a bad thing.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyMania
    Did you ever ride Inner Space? I ask that honestly, because I know everyone likes to talk about the attractions they never got to try.
    Actually I did... I was a kid at the time... It sort of freaked me out, because I didn't know how they make the shrinking work... So I worked out designs on paper on how they would do something like this... The illusion was pretty good for a child... And much more inventive than HISTA...
    Check out my other blog:

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123