Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• SuperDork

Haunted Bathroom?!?

Okay, my son says he is never going to use the restroom in Ariel's Grotto again. We were there one evening when the restaurant closed. We finished our meal, relaxed, and remembered all the cms wanted to go home, so my son ran off to use the restroom before we walked back to our hotel. The next thing I know, he comes running out of the bathroom and says;
    "I was in there alone, when suddenly a few toilets started flushing, then I heard stall doors opening and closing. I looked out of the door and saw that no one was in the bathroom" He was totally freaked out. I tried to tell him that maybe someone came in and ran out, etc. but, he was completely insistant that no one came in.
    I promised him I would post and ask if anyone has ever had a weird experience in Ariel's Grotto?
    Thanks!

• CM for 4 years!

Re: Haunted Bathroom?!?

The only creepy elements of Ariel's Grotto is the overly repetitive soundtrack of children's music, Mickey re-makes of old standards, and Top 40 hits of ten years past, and the character break room. But the character break room is eerie in a kind of magic-shattering way.

But of course, I've never been in the guest bathrooms when I've been working there.

You know what else is spooky... The overwhelming reeking stench of malt vinegar when everyone at a table orders fish and chips, and lord knows tartar sauce isn't enough. BLECH. It smells like fresh vomit.
    Member of the Disney Class of 2005
    Disneyland CM for 4 years.
    May 6, 2005 - present.

What creeps me out at Disneyland is..

Spoiler
    When you see Mickey and Donald with women’s legs. Those stockings may hide their skin, but the shape you cannot mistaken. It's a woman in there!! It just seems.... so wrong............

At the same time I understand though. Someone like that is needed height-wise to fill the part and they are a good match.

• Rock Star Minion

The one near HM is. After you're done, you'll hear, "Don't pull on the handle; I'll take care of that for you. [Swoosh!]"
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Incognito

Blog Entries

In all seriousness, those automatic toilets sometimes do that if they aren't working properly. Sometimes they just flush willy nilly all on their own. I know, we have some in some of our buildings. Trust me, there's no spirits in that restroom, it's too new. The ones over by Matterhorn inside the castle - maybe

• e komo mai

That bathroom is a little creepy. It's away from everything, it's dark, it's downstairs and, even with the music playing, it's not very noisy (I bet it was pretty quiet since they were closed). I can see why a kid's imagination might run amok.

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by sediment
    The one near HM is. After you're done, you'll hear, "Don't pull on the handle; I'll take care of that for you. [Swoosh!]"
    Wow. That's funny/creepy!

•   
    • NEVER to Old To Fly...

Blog Entries

"When the Log Rolls over, We'll All be dead!"

Sorry, just reminded me of that joke. Unless the spirit died of a bad case of the runs, or has some weird poo fetish, I would think there are better places to haunt in Disneyland, if I were a Ghost.
    -----------------------------------------------
    DISNEYLAND: Greatest Man-Made Place On Earth

YOSEMITE NATIONAL PARK: Greatest *GOD-Made Place On Earth

•   
    • NEVER to Old To Fly...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AnotherPixie
    What creeps me out at Disneyland is..

Spoiler
    When you see Mickey and Donald with women’s legs. Those stockings may hide their skin, but the shape you cannot mistaken. It's a woman in there!! It just seems.... so wrong............

At the same time I understand though. Someone like that is needed height-wise to fill the part and they are a good match.
    Spoiler
    I actually Knew a Woman/Mickey Mouse! I have no problem with it, If the costume fits, wear it! Who else besides short Women or VERY short men would they get to be Mickey or Donald. ...Now its the little Short men that play MINNIE and DAISEY that you have to watch out for!
    -----------------------------------------------
    DISNEYLAND: Greatest Man-Made Place On Earth

YOSEMITE NATIONAL PARK: Greatest *GOD-Made Place On Earth

• Hooterville, USA

I heard moans coming from a stall once. I would have investigated, but the odor overwhelmed me! What a smelly ghost!

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• Reaver of Souls

What you need to remember is that hauntings are not necessarily tied to structures, but are often location-based. T say that the bathroom is too new may be irrelevant. If something happened in that area prior to the building of the park (a death in the parking lot, or even in the orange groves LONG before the park or lot were there, for instance), a haunting is still quite possible.

There's also a possibility of poltergeist activity around the boy himself. But that's rare and doubtful, if he doesn't experience these types of phenominon on a regular basis... Just my two cents...
    Honor those who fall under the sword.
    But pity the warrior who has slain all his enemies.

• Former CM

The really haunted restrooms are the ones under Hungry Bear. All of the toilets just seems to flush on there own at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by PanTheMan
    Spoiler
    I actually Knew a Woman/Mickey Mouse! I have no problem with it, If the costume fits, wear it! Who else besides short Women or VERY short men would they get to be Mickey or Donald. ...Now its the little Short men that play MINNIE and DAISEY that you have to watch out for!

Spoiler
    What's even funnier is seeing the brigade of Cinderella's mice backstage with their heads off. Usually it just ends up looking like men in a frilly dress.

• I'm a Muscle Fan!

Quote Originally Posted by PanTheMan
    "When the Log Rolls over, We'll All be dead!"
    I tell that joke at sleepovers and campfires all the time!

• I'm a Muscle Fan!

Quote Originally Posted by sediment
    Don't flush yet, sediment, you made a funny!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast