Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Counting Down the last 10 Days 'til I see Disneyland thread

I have been planning my first trip to Disneyland since way back in October of "04, when I got a good deal on a WDTC package and a very low airfare. My vacation is now only 10 days away. We are leaving on the 16th of July and will be staying until the 22nd.

I am so excited. Can't believe it is now only 10 days until I see Disneyland. I recently visited WDW, but although I had a great time there, I was thinking about my upcoming trip to Disneyland the entire time I was there.

I am saddened, that my grandson will not be able to visit with us. His parents felt that summerschool was more important. I really wanted to share my first time Disneyland experiences with him. Guess we will have to plan a return trip.

I am traveling with another mom and her 3 children. She has a teenage boy and also 11 and 6 year old daughters. They have been to Disneyland before. She said that they did not get to do it all, so we are going to make our best effort to try and sample all the best that Disneyland has to offer.

I packed yesterday. I tried not to pack too much, leave a little room for souvenirs. Tomorrow, I am going to purchase my first digital camera. I am also packing a few disposables.

So count down my last 10 days with me. MiceChat has been very good to me.
    Disneyland Here I Come Again!
    October 1, to October 6, 2015

• Travel-Sized Guardian

Re: Counting Down the last 10 Days 'til I see Disneyland thread

Awwe, sorry to hear about your grandson not being able to make it to the trip with you...be sure to bring back LOTS of pics for him though! ^^

As for me myself, I'll be up there the 15th through the...hm...22nd, I think? Ehhh...I'll have to double check. *L* (And...I set that blasted trip timer on my signature wrong...d'oh! Ah well. )

It's personal opinion of others, but a lot of accquaintances of mine have said that they find the overall atmosphere at Disneyland more relaxed than that of WDW's...I can't give my own opinion of that, because I've actually never BEEN to Walt Disney World. Hoping to go one of these days when I get married. ^^; But, as a long time visitor to the park, I -can- say that it is one of the best theme parks I have ever had the pleasure of going to, and probably the best I ever *will* have visited.

I've done WDW more times than I can count and DL just once (soon to be twice) To me, there is definitely a more relaxed feel to DL than WDW

Of course, I may not feel that way after experiencing July 17th at DL

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I figure so many MiceChatters can't be wrong. I have read so many rave reviews about Disneyland, on this website, I am very excited about finally going.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

We are finally doing the single digit dance. All our arrangements have been made. I don't think I forgot anything.

We are staying at the Hilton Anaheim.

Our WDTC packets have arrived. We have 7 day park hoppers. Early morning and Toontown Madness is included as well as Preferred seatings for Snow White, Alladin and a parade of our choice.

Have registered with ESPN for their special deal, and have my e-mail.

Have made all my advance reservations for meals, so we can have some 'special time' with the characters. Also we have lunch at the Blue Bayou on the Anniversary day.

Transportation arranged from LAX to the hotel with Harold's Van (714-290-1692)

The basics are packed. Last minute items added, as I think of them.

We live in Chicago. We have an early flight on the 16th of July. I hope to be at the castle about Noon. I will be the "Gawking Granny"

• Resident Neuroscientist

on a college campus for the rest of my life

Very kewl...have fun! 26 days for me!
    -Kyle, Member of the DCA Lovers Alliance
    I'M GOING TO YALE!!!!!!!

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

Barbarann, I hope I get to meet you when you're out here!
    Have a fabulous trip!!
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• Wonderful World

Man u r going to have a BLAST.I still have to wait 29 more days till i get to go
    I'm back MiceChat

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

We leave a week from tomorrow:

Yesterday, I finally bought myself a digital camera. I recently spent a week at WDW, and I came home with 10 disposable cameras. When I developed the film only about 2/3 of my pictures were keepers. I can now snap a lot of shots with my digital and see my pictures before I leave Disneyland. Now how cool is that?

What did we do before all this modern technology? When I was a kid at home in the 50's and watching Walt Disney and his Disneyland program on TV, I never would have dreamed that in 2005, you could snap a picture with a camera and immediately view it.

Took some pictures yesterday at my grandson's baseball game and practiced using the Pictbridge on my printer. It worked wonderfully. I printed a few really good pictures.

I am getting more excited now. I am going to see Disneyland in 8 days, and I can bring some of the magic home with me in my camera.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann
    I figure so many MiceChatters can't be wrong. I have read so many rave reviews about Disneyland, on this website, I am very excited about finally going.
    Take it from someone who has been to both w/in the last year...When we were at WDW, as with you, all we could think of was going to Disneyland! You're gonna love it! Have fun!!! Only 56 more days for Eric and I(that's just to CA...DL is in 59!)

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

A week from now, I will be on the plane, on my way to Disneyland. If I can find a copy of Harry Potter at the Ohare Airport in Chicago, I can be reading that to pass the time. I guess its a 4 hour flight. We leave at 6:30 a.m. Chicago time. I hope to make it to the castle by noon for my first look.

Want this week to by quickly, so I will finally get to see Disneyland.

Want my actual time at Disneyland to go by in Slow Motion, however, so I can savor every moment.

• Ohhh baboo :(

10 miles from the DLR. AP Holder for 9 years.

You're going to have a GREAT time! I'm so excited for you! The park is looking better and better as we get closer to the big day. The flowers are absolutley beautiful right now and everything, down to the last lampost is polished and shiny!

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

6 days to go. I finally actually cancelled my grandson's airline ticket today. I guess I now have to finally accept that he will be in summer school while I am at Disneyland. Still doing some last minute things. How many times does one check the suitcases and carryon, so you do not forget anything? I am happy and sad at the same time.
    Last edited by Barbaraann; 07-10-2005 at 07:39 AM. Reason: typos

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

It is now 5 days until I leave for Disneyland. I am noticing less activity on MiceChat these days as people get ready for the anniversary. Usually there are more guests than members online.

Just noticed that yesterday MiceChatters were online in record numbers. I was rereading the 5th Harry Potter Book at that time, in preparation for the 6th book coming out next week. Perhaps all this activity was last minute planning by MiceChatters traveling to Disneyland for the anniversary. Curious.......
    Last edited by Barbaraann; 07-11-2005 at 04:39 AM.

As for myself, I can't spend as much time on MC as I generally do. I have a lot of work to do before I can take 4 days off to even go to Disneyland. I want to go on my vacation and not stress out about work, or come back on Wednesday the 20th to a huge mess. Work bites sometimes.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast