Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Disney's America has never struck me as being that much better then what we ended up with in DCA

it sounds too educational and museum styled and not enough action

the theme would be less limited but I don't think it would have as much exciting imagination to it or fix any of the real problems that DCA has

Last edited by Pirate Wench; 04-14-2005 at 04:31 PM.

• It's all nonsense

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate Wench
    Also, some people might think I am crazy but I kind of liked Superstar Limo.
    Yep...crazy alright.

• /sigh

Quote Originally Posted by The Mad Hatter
    Yep...crazy alright.
    Yeah for card board cutouts of washed up celebrities!
    Marge: Barnacle Bill's Home Pregnancy Test? Homer, shouldn't we have gone with a better-known brand?
    Homer: But Marge, this one came with a corn-cob pipe!
    Marge: [reading from the test box] "Ahoy, Maties! If the water turns blue, a baby for you! If purple ye see, no baby thar be!"
    Homer: So, which is it? Blue or purple?
    Marge: Pink.
    Homer: D'oh!
    Marge: "If ye test should fail, to a doctor set sail!"

• With my wife....

Quote Originally Posted by Mickey_D
    Additionally, there are a lot of new Rides and Attractions on the drawing board between now & 2010 which will continue to Perk things up in the place.
    Does anybody know what's in the works besides the Monsters overlay to Superflop Limo?
    "I could never convince the financiers that Disneyland was feasible because dreams offer too little collateral"

--Walt Disney

There are supposedly a few proposals in WDI at the moment but nothing is green lit for 6 - 9 mths other than Monsters. As well as this, I believe TDA hopes to build at least 2 more D's or E's before 2010. An Incredible's Attraction has been mentioned on other sites using industrial robotic's style technology. That would be cool.

Another Ride technology featured at the recent IAAPA conference where cars ride on simulators, attached to elevators, attached to a roller coaster track is apparently also being looked at..Dam, can't remember the name but I'm sure someone out there could fish something up on it??

They wanna keep things at DL relatively family friendly & focus on more thrills for DCA in the future.

I wouldn't mind seeing a remake of Rock N Rollercoaster either although something totally new & innovative would really rock!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by The Mad Hatter
    Re-theme it to what though?? that's the hard part. Although this would never happen, i think it's a good idea. Maybe they could just close down a portion of the park at a time, and then charge half of what a regular ticket costs.

Disney's American Adventure!!! That opens up a ton of theme possibilities.

• Closed Account

How about "Disney's Adventure Kingdom"? Even more themeing possibilities.

• something else...

If you combine the two, what would happen to the front gate? The whole atmosphere of walking under the tracks and into that new world would be gone. The mega-park would be HUGE too. Way too big for anyone to want to walk across in a day. People already have trouble doing most of what they want in Disneyland in a day.

If anything, a land by land redo would work the best. It can give guests something to come back to once every couple of years when another part of the parkd is finished and Disney-fied. What that park really needs to do is get rid of those HORRIBLE stores at the entrance, push back sun plaza into A Bug's Land which doesn't have all that much to offer anyway and reroute some of the paths into the lands so that right when you walk into the park you have an atmosphere that is more immersive and less "HEY! Come buy our stuff!" What makes Disneyland so great is the "Weenies" that Walt used to pull you in, it's like you're always trying to reach something. The Castle at the end of Main Street is a perfect example of this. It pulls the guests in through Main Street and the guests become wrapped in the smells, sounds, and atmosphere, none of which is present in California Adventure. I understand that DCA is different than Disneyland in it's attitude and some people like it that way. But no one becomes truly captivated by it's layed back style because they can see the outside world (convention center and cable lines) and know that they'll have to go back soon. The remodel WOULD be expensive but it can be a way to get people that pay money into the park while making them happy unlike the Soap-Opera weekend type of ploys to get people into the same old park.
    You would think that being in New York for eight months out of the year would be cool...not when the closest thing you have to Disneyland is the World of Disney Store on Madison.

• Old Timer

Even though I have recently considered visiting DL this year because of the 50th with all due respect I seem to be reaching an overall view of writing off DCA in its entirety, I care not to discuss it because its just flogging a dead horse. Its Eisner's legacy and will most likely be Igers as well. Miniscule men trying to support their image upon us.
    Worse part of it all is how it drained resources from DL so bad in the last 4 years it has made it much less desirable to visit anytime soon, or unless better leaders take reigns, or a massive sinkhole developes under DCA

I think TDS deserves a closer look...time for me to learn some basic japanese.
    Micechat member # 98

TARDIS
    "Time And Relative Dimension In Space."

• Sock Puppet

Pirate Wench = Very Irrational

• " Planet of Puddingheads"

Mickey D said:
    I wouldn't mind seeing a remake of Rock N Rollercoaster either although something totally new & innovative would really rock!
    Hmm... seems I heard something about Rock and Roller coaster going into
    the spot where Who Want's to be a Millionaire sits from a TDA suit about a month back and corroborated by a CM at Off the Page.
    “No worries, stay calm, one question. 
Do you happen to know how to fly this thing?”

• e komo mai

Can you imagine if they combined the parks? $100.00 for a one day pass.

Ugh!

Quote Originally Posted by Disneymike
    Mickey D said:

Hmm... seems I heard something about Rock and Roller coaster going into
    the spot where Who Want's to be a Millionaire sits from a TDA suit about a month back and corroborated by a CM at Off the Page.
    no way Rockin can fit in that one spot I think your informant was wrong (I've seen pics of both from the air)

• Incognito

Blog Entries
    So ya keep the California theme, what new attractions could you put in?

RR Coaster works because its a ride through LA.

How about an indoor coaster that is a San Francisco cable car ride "gone amock" where you go up a S.F. hill, the cable "breaks" and your car goes careening through the streets of San Francisco, passing landmarks and such, finally ending at Fishermans Wharf.

Or a ghost town dark ride a-la Haunted Mansion only spookier where you ride a "stagecoach" through a ghost town, only it begins when the town is in its heyday and ends going through it now as a ghost town with scenes reminiscent of Phantom Manor at DLP.

Use the Indy ride system and have some sort of a desert "dune buggy" type ride, maybe throw in a monsoonal storm that you have to race out of a dry river bed thats quickly filling with rushing water.

Have an updated 21st century version of Star Tours where you fly experimental aircraft around Edwards AFB.

It really needs attractions that focus on California and what goes on in this state, or what DID go on in this state from a historical point of view, rather than rides based on characters and such.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast