Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Last edited by Pirate Wench; 04-14-2005 at 04:32 PM.

• Pirate Princess

Quote Originally Posted by Olympicnut
    So ya keep the California theme, what new attractions could you put in?

RR Coaster works because its a ride through LA.

How about an indoor coaster that is a San Francisco cable car ride "gone amock" where you go up a S.F. hill, the cable "breaks" and your car goes careening through the streets of San Francisco, passing landmarks and such, finally ending at Fishermans Wharf.

Or a ghost town dark ride a-la Haunted Mansion only spookier where you ride a "stagecoach" through a ghost town, only it begins when the town is in its heyday and ends going through it now as a ghost town with scenes reminiscent of Phantom Manor at DLP.

Use the Indy ride system and have some sort of a desert "dune buggy" type ride, maybe throw in a monsoonal storm that you have to race out of a dry river bed thats quickly filling with rushing water.

Have an updated 21st century version of Star Tours where you fly experimental aircraft around Edwards AFB.

It really needs attractions that focus on California and what goes on in this state, or what DID go on in this state from a historical point of view, rather than rides based on characters and such.
    Great plans! Make them happen please.

• Magical Memories fanzine

You could also take California landmarks, and sort of "Disney them up". Like you could take the Winchester Mystery House, and make it the Winchester Mystery FUN house, the place is already a maze and bizarre, so it fits perfectly. You could fit some of the story in there too; angry spirits coming back, Mrs winchester spying on everyone, the seance room where she called the spirits etc. If it was a walk through with sensors to trigger effects as you walked past it would be far cheaper than a ride vehicle attraction. However it wouldnt be hard to make a interactive ride vehicle for it either; just have a joystick kinda thing to steer with as you go through the maze.

Why is there nothing more than a nod to the redwoods??? They could make a sort of roller coaster that dodges in and out of redwood trees, and you go through the drive through tree then the coaster actually goes straight up a giant redwood replica, and straight down, or around in circles around the trunk very fast, at the climax you could see paul bunyon, or bigfoot.

Why not a earthquake ride? no, not like universal, something more like the old flying saucer ride, but on the principle of those old vibrating football board games: the whole ground shaking and vibrating is what moves your car around. At the same time cartoony props of buildings and bridges and things would be on their own pneumatics rising up and down or side to side creating a strange dizzying effect in combination with the vibrating floor. Sort of a bizarre version of bumper cars. You could house the building in a giant can that says what else? "Earthquake in a can" LOL ok kidding about the can thing.

There HAS to be some new kind of take on the Gold Rush that could be done.

Why not a psychadelic shop in the san fran area? it could have blacklight posters of disney characters, blacklight mickey candles etc. Think of the cool blacklight stuff you see in Spencers, only disney themed.

Given the attendance, I don't think that it would be neccessary to actually CLOSE the park. Even if it were closed, I don't think that too many people would notice. Hmmm.....TDA could do a test and just not open it on a random day and see just how many complaints they get.

Quote Originally Posted by Tigertail777
    You could also take California landmarks, and sort of "Disney them up". Like you could take the Winchester Mystery House, and make it the Winchester Mystery FUN house, the place is already a maze and bizarre, so it fits perfectly. You could fit some of the story in there too; angry spirits coming back, Mrs winchester spying on everyone, the seance room where she called the spirits etc. If it was a walk through with sensors to trigger effects as you walked past it would be far cheaper than a ride vehicle attraction. However it wouldnt be hard to make a interactive ride vehicle for it either; just have a joystick kinda thing to steer with as you go through the maze.

Why is there nothing more than a nod to the redwoods??? They could make a sort of roller coaster that dodges in and out of redwood trees, and you go through the drive through tree then the coaster actually goes straight up a giant redwood replica, and straight down, or around in circles around the trunk very fast, at the climax you could see paul bunyon, or bigfoot.

Why not a earthquake ride? no, not like universal, something more like the old flying saucer ride, but on the principle of those old vibrating football board games: the whole ground shaking and vibrating is what moves your car around. At the same time cartoony props of buildings and bridges and things would be on their own pneumatics rising up and down or side to side creating a strange dizzying effect in combination with the vibrating floor. Sort of a bizarre version of bumper cars. You could house the building in a giant can that says what else? "Earthquake in a can" LOL ok kidding about the can thing.

There HAS to be some new kind of take on the Gold Rush that could be done.

Why not a psychadelic shop in the san fran area? it could have blacklight posters of disney characters, blacklight mickey candles etc. Think of the cool blacklight stuff you see in Spencers, only disney themed.
    I don't think that walkthroughs are effecient enough for Disney (for the most part) and a joystick controled ride vehical would just overly complicate the system

I do think that it might be good to use some more California landmarks though

not too sure about the whole earthquake idea but that's pretty interesting (I can see tons of people getting sick on it)

and there's deffinatly a good way to take on the gold rush

not too sure about the redwood idea either, I've had a few ideas involving the farm though

• With my wife....

I had an idea a long time ago (in a galaxy far, far away) that I thought would be very cool if done right.... how about a "Star Wars Space Battle Center" at DCA?

The first question that comes to mind is one of theming... where to put this new attraction? I think it would fit either in the Hollywood Pictures Backlot or in the Bay Area section. Putting it in the HPB would be a great way to bring some life into that section of the park... maybe replace the old eatery that was back there in the corner. It would also fit in the Bay Area since Lucas is based in Marin County. A whole Skywalker Ranch exhibit could be included for "edutainment" purposes.

Now, as for the practicality of the attraction, I envision a huge immersive SW environment... sort of like the Star Tours queue, but more in the format of the Star Trek experience at the LV Hilton (not a big Trek fan, but that whole exhibit was done EXTREMELY well, IMHO). This might be a good place for the Cantina and other SW themed scenery.

The actual experience could be a multi-level presentation that everyone could enjoy on some level. I envision this as being 1/2 video game and 1/2 theme park ride. There could be 1 or 2 large-capacity, central ride vehicles that represent Imperial and Rebel capital ships. Like Mission:Space, guests can assume a "rank" and fill a role on the command deck of one of these ships, or they can just sit back and enjoy the ride, a la Star Tours. Outside of these 2 major areas are a bunch of separate "vehicles" that represent X-wings and TIE fighters, and guests who want to pilot the smaller ships can do that instead of taking part in the traditional ride. All of the modules are part of a big LAN, and as the capital ships go through a traditional ride, the people in the fighters get to fly around shooting at each other, the big ships... whatever they want to do. The story for the big ships could branch depending on how each side is doing, so everyone actually plays a role in how the story unfolds, and the experience is never quite the same. At the end of the ride/game, everyone gets a printout of how they did, and as they get better, they can fill higher ranks, act as a squadron leader, etc...

I think this would provide an experience that everyone can enjoy, not just the hard-core SW fans. Now if only we could oust Eisner and get Lucas and Disney talking again....
    "I could never convince the financiers that Disneyland was feasible because dreams offer too little collateral"

--Walt Disney

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123