• In Mouse We trust

YOMD: will the prizes run out?

I don't know how serious I am, but really, if they are going to increase the YOAMD beyond the initial 16-17 months for another year, what will they do about the much ballyhooed prizes? Will they stretch out the remaining prizes (probably not) or add another million or so prizes for this next year?

Regardless of what they decide, how can they possibly justify again this title "year of a million dreams" with another year of it? Especially when it will have gone on longer than a year already. Will they call it "Another Year of Another Million Dreams"? Will they be different prizes? Should they call it "Another Year of last years 'dream' prizes in duplicate"?

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Re: YOMD: will the prizes run out?

The rules are clear, 1.25 million prizes must be handed out between October 1st, 2006 and December 31st, 2007.

A new contest will be announced, I presume with another million prizes for the time period of January 1st thru December 31st, 2008. A new set of rules and prize list, though I presume many will be similar to the current list. But you might see a new version of the ears and pins, to make them different than the current versions.
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • isn't an elitist

Quote Originally Posted by Darkbeer View Post
    The rules are clear, 1.25 million prizes must be handed out between October 1st, 2006 and December 31st, 2007.

A new contest will be announced, I presume with another million prizes for the time period of January 1st thru December 31st, 2008. A new set of rules and prize list, though I presume many will be similar to the current list. But you might see a new version of the ears and pins, to make them different than the current versions.
    Not must, but offered. If the prize is turned down, it goes away. It won't go back into the cycle which is a shame.

I'm guessing you get a ticket and put the ticket in the Dream Ears thing that we are getting.
    -Jack
    Doc Brown had 2 Deloreans!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by TheGreatEscapist View Post
    I don't know how serious I am, but really, if they are going to increase the YOAMD beyond the initial 16-17 months for another year, what will they do about the much ballyhooed prizes? Will they stretch out the remaining prizes (probably not) or add another million or so prizes for this next year?

Regardless of what they decide, how can they possibly justify again this title "year of a million dreams" with another year of it? Especially when it will have gone on longer than a year already. Will they call it "Another Year of Another Million Dreams"? Will they be different prizes? Should they call it "Another Year of last years 'dream' prizes in duplicate"?
    There's never a shortage of cheap crapola and stuff that's made up out of thin air.

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by hollywood1939 View Post
    Not must, but offered. If the prize is turned down, it goes away. It won't go back into the cycle which is a shame.
    Actually if you read the rules for the "Disney Dreams Giveaway", if one person turns down the prizes, a second location will be picked randomly and they will try again until it is awarded.

They do go back into the cycle. As for the prizes that are handed out in batches, such as ears, they hand them out until they run out of the amount the computer determined they need to hand out at that location. If someone turns them down, then they just offer the next person walking by.
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• Done and Gone

They can always close down some restrooms and make them into exclusive suites... sigh...

• Hiding in the shadows

I woudl be nice to see them change up the prize list some for the 2008 promotion although I like the lanyards and ears because they can give out many so more win. The main issue I still have is the randomness (or possible lack thereof...i.e. dream squad stalking) and also the fact that most of the prizes are given out early in the day.

I think tehre needs to be a better way to do this so that everyone has a better random chance of winning (I don't know how, just sayin')

A little piece of heaven

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Frankly, I think the YOAMD 'thing' has gone on long enough...and also, I am an AP and I have NEVER rec'd a 'dream' to speak of. I think it's a lousy promotion and they need to end it. Why do they have to have a 'promotion' anyway? Why can't Disneyland just be Disneyland? Doesn't that bring in enough people?

• Done and Gone

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyland Daddy View Post
    Frankly, I think the YOAMD 'thing' has gone on long enough...and also, I am an AP and I have NEVER rec'd a 'dream' to speak of. I think it's a lousy promotion and they need to end it. Why do they have to have a 'promotion' anyway? Why can't Disneyland just be Disneyland? Doesn't that bring in enough people?

Its funny cause at times I've felt like the only one walking around without a dream fastpass... lol

• Super Hero

Quote Originally Posted by sneakerspray View Post
    They can always close down some restrooms and make them into exclusive suites... sigh...
    Is it your dream to spend the night in the Secret Bathroom?

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • isn't an elitist

Actually if you read the rules for the "Disney Dreams Giveaway", if one person turns down the prizes, a second location will be picked randomly and they will try again until it is awarded.

They do go back into the cycle. As for the prizes that are handed out in batches, such as ears, they hand them out until they run out of the amount the computer determined they need to hand out at that location. If someone turns them down, then they just offer the next person walking by.
    Umm, I've actually heard this from multiple people who say otherwise, but ok.
    -Jack
    Doc Brown had 2 Deloreans!

• For You!

I would be great if they actually handed out free passes or a lifetime pass per day, or something of really cool value!

Although I have to admit, I love my lanyard with the pins - and I still want some stupid blue ears!!

Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

• Done and Gone

Quote Originally Posted by Wanda Woman View Post
    Is it your dream to spend the night in the Secret Bathroom?

lol. No but I can see someone in Disney marketing with a light bulb going on above their head... lol