Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

• Minion

Re: Paul Pressler Announces to Update Disney's California Adventure

Quote Originally Posted by DLR29 View Post
    Well, think about what has been added since the park opened. Absolutely NO California themed attractions.

-Flik's Fun Fair
    -ToT (slightly with Hollywood)
    -Monster's Inc: Mike & Sulley to the Rescue
    -Turtle Talk w/ Crush
    -Toy Story Mania
    -Aladdin: the Musical
    -High School Musical Pep Rally
    -Block Party Bash
    -Disney's Electrical Parade

What have they taken out?
    -Eureka parade
    -Lucky Dragon Fortune Cookie Factory
    -Superstar Limo
    -Games of the Boardwalk

All of those were intended to show how great California is and looked what happened. I don't think DCA is going in the CA theme direction
    i agree it seems we maybe goetting a bit more of a disney mgm studio meets santa cruz beach boardwalk..to a point...

I disagree with all of you about how "that looks amazing."

Nah. Even in the video, the concepts sound and look pretty limited (dumb). I mean, come on, surfing demonstrations???? Ok. That might be kinda cool, but when that is a major example of what the park will be, then there is seriously something magical lacking.

The only really truly impressively cool thing I saw was the hangliding ride, and we actually got that... more or less.

The California theme was from the get-go a poor choice, and executed even more poorly.

Either they should turn DCA into "Disney's America" or bring in a lot of Mexican elements.

Disney's America is still possible with the addition of some new architecture and retheming -- make Paradise Pier into 1920's Coney Island/New York, adding a Statue of Liberty to the harbor. Turn the San Fran area into something interesting instead of just facades. Nuke Flik's Fun Fair and make into into Washington D.C./Maryland and turn Timon parking lot into more of America....

OR add more Mexican/Cowboy elements. I want to see missions and cowboys and shootups and Zoro-esque characters. I want the history of California and how it was formed.... not the present.

Surfing demonstrations are just icing on the cake... maybe.

• Down Pluto!

Quote Originally Posted by idreamofjeani View Post
    ...The California theme was from the get-go a poor choice, and executed even more poorly...

Yes - Stated correctly and directly!

Doesn't mean that they can't make it better, that will take time and money.

But...

To correct the fundamental flaw - the cause of the pain then, now, and into the future, requires a time machine to send someone back and smack some sense into those idiots who thought that "California Adventure" was the BEST choice. We are stuck with a second or third rate theme that is self-referencing and provides no insight or genuine experience that cannot be obtained usually for less just outside in the REAL California.

It was simply a marketing gimmick that didn't work as planned. It was never a good theme for a second gate outside the original Disneyland.

I am Sambo, and I endorse this signature.

• Zoinks! Jinkies! Jeepers!

I remember the day they showed us cast members the new plans for DCA, I remember sitting there and going huh? This is Knott's Berry Farm but on the cheap. The WestCot plans on the other hand were simply amazing.

Anyways after that I decided to make plans to quit due to DCA, the breakdown of all that was Disney thanks to Uber Evil Paul and Cynthia and Light Tragic. My last day as a Cast Member was on Christmas Day 1999.
    "Why do you wear that stupid bunny suit?"-Donnie.... "Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?"-Frank the Bunny.....

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345