Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Don't Mess With The Duck!

Question Hotel Discounts On A Person's Birthday?

Hello all,

My birthday will be coming up next month (Sept. 20th to be exact) and I was wondering if any of the Disney hotels have any sort of special birthday discount? Like 5-10% room reservations? Any information would be great!

Thanks,
    Joe

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Re: Hotel Discounts On A Person's Birthday?

Quote Originally Posted by JosephTNielsen View Post
    Hello all,

My birthday will be coming up next month (Sept. 20th to be exact) and I was wondering if any of the Disney hotels have any sort of special birthday discount? Like 5-10% room reservations? Any information would be great!

Thanks,
    Joe
    I don't know if they do, but I do think it's a great idea.

• Disney Dreams

Hello all,

Thanks,
    Joe
    I visited Disneyland recently, and when we mentioned it being my birthday on the phone while making the reservations, they didn't say anything about a discount. I'm sure someone else could confirm this, though!

Have a great birthday!

• Disney Dreams

I hate to say this, but if they DID offer this sort of discount, wouldn't alot of people later on just start saying it's their birthday to get a discount?

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyland Daddy View Post
    I don't know if they do, but I do think it's a great idea.
    Quote Originally Posted by WDWGirl View Post
    I hate to say this, but if they DID offer this sort of discount, wouldn't alot of people later on just start saying it's their birthday to get a discount?
    Thanks...I didn't think there would be, but I figured I'd come here to find out.

As for the problem with the birthday discount getting misused, I guess they could make it be a discount for people 18 and over with an ID to prove when they're birthday is. Or they could tell families they can get the discount for their children's birthdays, but only if they bring their birth certificate. I guess it would be too much work to make it worth Disney's while, but that could be one solution to the problem you brought up.

...Joe...

Gee, that would be nice...I'm staying PPH on my birthday this year! But I doubt they would offer a discount, based on the reasons everyone else has already mentioned.

I do plan on getting my birthday button at Town Hall though...they still do that right?

Has anyone ever gotten special treatment because CM knew it was your birthday??

• Minion

I dunno about a discount for your birthday. It's about as likely as a discount for tourists from out of town.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by juliebutterfly View Post
    Has anyone ever gotten special treatment because CM knew it was your birthday??
    I've seen them get a queue singing Happy Birthday, the dozen tortillas for a birthday, that type of stuff... And you will hear "Happy birthday" about 30 times an hour.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

Joe, I know you are a knowledgable MCer so forgive me for repeating what you may already know. The AP rate specials for Sept are awesome. We have reserved the GCH for $199/night during Sept.
    BTW, Happy birthday! (early since I will forget)

Quote Originally Posted by sdmom View Post
    Joe, I know you are a knowledgable MCer so forgive me for repeating what you may already know. The AP rate specials for Sept are awesome. We have reserved the GCH for $199/night during Sept.
    BTW, Happy birthday! (early since I will forget)
    Thanks for the future happy birthday message. Also, thanks for reminding me about the great AP rates during Sept. I know that a couple years ago I was able to get a room at The Disneyland Hotel for $89/night for my birthday back then. And what made that birthday even more magic is that all of the rooms with the same rate I booked for were sold out. So, guess what happened? Yup! I got upgraded to a $600/night suite for free! Man, that was amazing! LOL

...Joe...

I got upgraded to a $600/night suite for free! Man, that was amazing! LOL
    Wow, I hope that happens to us.

• Minion

The Hotels of the Disneyland Resort have been running at a 96% occupancy rate for the past year. That is pretty much unheard of in the hospitality industry to be that high. Most succesful hotels run in the high 80's or right around 90% occupancy, and anything above 95% is effectively sold out every night. So Disneyland Resort Hotels have no need or business purpose to offer any discounts for birthdays.

• WDW Fant! Premiere Cast

I was on the phone yesterday with Disney hotel reservations and the operator said to me something to the effect of "You're spending your birthday with us." I didn't bring it up. I half joked and asked if that meant I got the room for free or something. She politely dropped the subject and continued with what I had called for.

• Closed Account

Thanks for the future happy birthday message. Also, thanks for reminding me about the great AP rates during Sept. I know that a couple years ago I was able to get a room at The Disneyland Hotel for $89/night for my birthday back then. And what made that birthday even more magic is that all of the rooms with the same rate I booked for were sold out. So, guess what happened? Yup! I got upgraded to a $600/night suite for free! Man, that was amazing! LOL

...Joe...
    That thing about the upgrade is just about the coolest thing in the entire world. Something like that can really make your trip so much better, especially if it was your birthday. A similar thing happened to me on a trip to Hawaii, and we spent our entire week there marvelling about our amazing luck.

• Once A Skip Always A Skip

Sorry to be a bubble burster but the actual answer to the aforementioned Birthday Discount question is no...you don't get a discount because it's your birthday. The Hotels will do everything they can to make it a special experience for you...short of giving you a discount. Depending on how you book, there are different rates available, but the Disney Hotels, especially the PPH stay pretty busy throughout the year, so discounts aside form the normal Senior, AAA, CM, APH, Mlitary discounts are hard to come by.
    -"Enjoy the rest of your stay here at Disneyland, where all of your dreams come true...well except for two of them, short lines and cheap food."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast