Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: expansion idea

• Fancy that...

expansion idea

the title says it all warning- i dont think this would and should happen realy soon, im just imagining so dont say "not until DCA is fixed", ok? a little anticipation never hurt any one. here it is http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d7...cars/dlrex.jpg

not everything is as exact as i wish it was but I did my best. what do you think?
    Last edited by pianoman13; 08-10-2007 at 04:13 PM.

• Disney Dreams

Re: expantion idea

The text on the map is kind of choppy - this happen to anyone else?

• Fancy that...

Quote Originally Posted by WDWGirl View Post
    The text on the map is kind of choppy - this happen to anyone else?
    sorry, but you can enlarge it if you put your mouse over it for a while-then it should have an option(depending on your internet server) to enlarge it.

• "I Break Things"

I believe you meant to say expanSion in the title!
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

• DL Nerd

I fail to see the lure of a water park.....

I can go down the street here in Utah and hit a water park. I go to the DLR to get AWAY... not ride down a water slide that I can do here

besides .. a water park wouldn't be open year round. If they are gonna do a expansion to anything it should have the same schedule as everything else.
    All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them. - Walt Disney

• Disney Dreams

Quote Originally Posted by pianoman13 View Post
    sorry, but you can enlarge it if you put your mouse over it for a while-then it should have an option(depending on your internet server) to enlarge it.
    Alright I'll try that

Quote Originally Posted by techskip View Post
    I believe you meant to say expanSion in the title!
    Very true - I noticed that when I first saw the thread.

• MA Reader Since 2003

Isnt your parking lot sitting on top of the Garden walk?

Have you ever been to a Disney Waterpark? They are so much better, Typhoon Lagoon is awesome the wave pool is world class and can generate up to 7 ft. waves of any shape and size. Its so cool to be able to hit a water park and a Disney park in one day without leaving Disney property.
    Last edited by Diznyfan; 08-10-2007 at 01:02 PM.

"Imagination is more important than knowledge..."
    -Albert Einstein

• =)

The first difficulty that I'm noticing is your new tram route crossing Harbor Blvd. You'd have to either tunnel below it or build an overpass--I'm thinking the latter is more likely. Are the trams capable of traveling up and down ramps? I'm also seeing a huge expansion of Downtown Disney, which strikes me as entirely unnecessary.

In theory, building a third gate sounds like such a wonderful idea. But in reality, I just don't think it can ever work out the way we want it to. This isn't Florida, you know? Land is more expensive here, and Disneyland is completely surrounded by unthemed, unrelated businesses--hotels, restaurants, the convention center, DCA--whoops! Did I say that Freudian slip out loud? Anyway, I just don't think the Anaheim of today or tomorrow can support any more of the "resort" atmosphere. Disneyland's strength has always been its relatively small-scale charm. Building another park would be great if the area were all little-used farmland or marshes. But that's not the case.

• Knows Where His Towel Is

Eh, what's going to happen to the Garden Walk? Been looking forward to that.

INTERGALACTIC WRITER FOR THE HITCHHIKER'S GUIDE TO THE GALAXY
    HOOPY FROODS:thinkingofdisney11, DisneyIzz, A113, dmtnt55, MikeSkellington, zephr, Incrediboy, JungleCruiseFan, PerformerInWaiting, MainStreetJake, The Disneylander, littleactressann, DapperJoshua, padgerfan, SS77, DisneyLove, GummiBears_Rock, fangalicious44, animekiti4christ, *disneyprincess*, monorailorange33, Colorized, iskategoofy, stevo505, mandypandy, williamtheking, CaptainEO,Atis, firebolt413, cocoa, WendyInWonderland, ICe101, itsxxdomoxxkun, esquivel

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER!
    ASK ME ANYTHING! :: FORMSPRING.ME
    FOLLOW MY BLOG: <>

• MA Reader Since 2003

^ I disagree I think a third gate will be great, all three parks will be within walking distance so you still have your charm. The areas around the DLR are beautiful now, I dont see a problem with the surrounding areas I wish Disney owned the land where the Garden walk is going it would make everything even more cohesive, but even without it they can make it work.

-Albert Einstein

• Fancy that...

^you have no idea how much i want to high 5 you rigt now lol diznyfan

whats the garden walk?

• Fancy that...

Quote Originally Posted by Junthor View Post

I can go down the street here in Utah and hit a water park. I go to the DLR to get AWAY... not ride down a water slide that I can do here

besides .. a water park wouldn't be open year round. If they are gonna do a expansion to anything it should have the same schedule as everything else.
    if they went with the lava lagoon ideas originaly proposed for paris it would be cool and as for the issue of "who wants to go to a water park in fall and winter" issue they could make it more than just a water park but have cool non water type stuff to keep you going during the off season. and i think that if they did it right it would be awsome

• "I Break Things"

Quote Originally Posted by pianoman13 View Post
    as for the issue of "who wants to go to a water park in fall and winter" issue they could make it more than just a water park but have cool non water type stuff to keep you going during the off season. and i think that if they did it right it would be awsome
    Let me think about this for a moment... charge full price to ride half the rides because everything else is closed since it's cold outside. At least when you visit DL in the off-season MOST of it is operational! I would go for it if they offered some sort of off season discount but I really can't see them doing that, in fact I can't even post Disney and Discount in the same sentence without

As stated previously Disney would have an incentive to build a water-park because IMO that is about all they would be able to staff given current conditions and hiring practices!
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

• MA Reader Since 2003

-Albert Einstein

• Knows Where His Towel Is

Imagine Downtown Disney X 3, plus condos and high-rise hotels. It's really cool actually.

W00t-200th post!

INTERGALACTIC WRITER FOR THE HITCHHIKER'S GUIDE TO THE GALAXY
    HOOPY FROODS:thinkingofdisney11, DisneyIzz, A113, dmtnt55, MikeSkellington, zephr, Incrediboy, JungleCruiseFan, PerformerInWaiting, MainStreetJake, The Disneylander, littleactressann, DapperJoshua, padgerfan, SS77, DisneyLove, GummiBears_Rock, fangalicious44, animekiti4christ, *disneyprincess*, monorailorange33, Colorized, iskategoofy, stevo505, mandypandy, williamtheking, CaptainEO,Atis, firebolt413, cocoa, WendyInWonderland, ICe101, itsxxdomoxxkun, esquivel

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER!
    ASK ME ANYTHING! :: FORMSPRING.ME
    FOLLOW MY BLOG: <>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast