• California Golden Bear

A Pictorial Souvenir of Walt Disney's Disneyland

Who else remembers the old Pictorial Souvenirs of Disneyland? I still have the first one my parents bought me and I still enjoy it. I don't know if they still print new versions of this wonderful souvenir book, but on my last trip, in May of this year, I decided to make my own and I'd like to share with you some of the pictures I took. First up, Main Street USA...

Up next: Adventureland...
    "Once a man has tasted freedom he will never be content to be a slave. That is why I believe that this frightfulness we see everywhere today is only temporary. Tomorrow will be better for as long as America keeps alive the ideals of freedom and a better life. All men will want to be free and share our way of life... I thank God and America for the right to live and raise my family under the flag of tolerance, democracy and freedom."
    -Walt Disney, March 1, 1941

“Whatever success I have had in bringing clean, informative entertainment to people of all ages, I attribute in great part to my Congregational upbringing and my lifelong habit of prayer. To me, today, at age sixty-one, all prayer, by the humble or highly placed, has one thing in common: supplication for strength and inspiration to carry on the best human impulses which should bind us together for a better world. Without such inspiration, we would rapidly deteriorate and finally perish. But in our troubled time, the right of men to think and worship as their conscience dictates is being sorely pressed. We can retain these privileges only by being constantly on guard and fighting off any encroachment on these precepts. To retreat from any of the principles handed down by our forefathers, who shed their blood for the ideals we still embrace, would be a complete victory for those who would destroy liberty and justice for the individual.”
    Walt Disney, Deeds Rather Than Words

• KC to DL= 1,640 miles

Goin' to Kansas City. Kansas City Here I Come

Re: A Pictorial Souvenir of Walt Disney's Disneyland

Wow. You took a picture of the Parade while on Alice? That's a cool shot. Can't wait for more.

• California Golden Bear

Elephant bathing pool. I know some people have a problem with photography on rides, but it's ok here, they all had their trunks on.

The Jungle Cruise is my favorite of the 1955 orginals, but it is starting to look a little dated, for instance, you can tell those zebras are pretty old, they're still in black and white.

Look at those lions protecting that sleeping zebra, boy does he look dead tired!

Looks like a native uprising. The guy on the bottem will get the point of that in the end.
    The natives seem to be having some sort of celebration. Our skipper was able to translate: "you put your right foot in, you take your right foot out..."

Well that's all for Adventureland, if you've enjoyed these pictures then my name is Jaymes and this has been the world famous Jungle Cruise. If not, well then my name's not really that important.

Up next: Frontierland
    "Once a man has tasted freedom he will never be content to be a slave. That is why I believe that this frightfulness we see everywhere today is only temporary. Tomorrow will be better for as long as America keeps alive the ideals of freedom and a better life. All men will want to be free and share our way of life... I thank God and America for the right to live and raise my family under the flag of tolerance, democracy and freedom."

“Whatever success I have had in bringing clean, informative entertainment to people of all ages, I attribute in great part to my Congregational upbringing and my lifelong habit of prayer. To me, today, at age sixty-one, all prayer, by the humble or highly placed, has one thing in common: supplication for strength and inspiration to carry on the best human impulses which should bind us together for a better world. Without such inspiration, we would rapidly deteriorate and finally perish. But in our troubled time, the right of men to think and worship as their conscience dictates is being sorely pressed. We can retain these privileges only by being constantly on guard and fighting off any encroachment on these precepts. To retreat from any of the principles handed down by our forefathers, who shed their blood for the ideals we still embrace, would be a complete victory for those who would destroy liberty and justice for the individual.”

• All You Need is Love!

Great pics! Can't wait to see the rest!
    (\_/) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
    (='.'=) signature to help him gain world domination

• Minion

Blog Entries

great pics! mind if a use a few in a personal use screensaver?

• Small Worlds of Walt

Quote Originally Posted by 1313HarborBlvd View Post
    Caption: King Triton watches over even the smallest of creatures.

• California Golden Bear

Thanks for the compliments everyone, I'm glad you're enjoying the pictures and please feel free to use them for your wallpaper or screensaver if you like.
    And now, here is Walt Disney's tribute to America's poineer days and to the settlers who tamed her vast territories, Frontierland...

My mother

...and the happiest goats:

up next: New Orleans Square

• Down Pluto!

Please but a space between the photos and photos and text so they don't blow out the forums causing us to have to scroll six miles sideways...

The space will allow them to drop to the next line down when the side is reached.

I am Sambo, and I endorse this signature.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sambo View Post
    Please but a space between the photos and photos and text so they don't blow out the forums causing us to have to scroll six miles sideways...

The space will allow them to drop to the next line down when the side is reached.
    I am loving the pictures and this report, but it's hard for the reasons that Sambo described.

Keep up the great work....but put a space between the photos, please.

--Barry
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• World Traveler

Gorgeous! Thanks for the pictures.

I'd love to see some scans of those old pictorial booklets! I have some packed away somewhere--I remember taking some of those with me for entertainment when I had my toncils taken out when I was in third grade in 1973...Great photos, 1313!

Wow..I love the hat!!!
    Princess Dyana of Disneyland
    Disneyland, Disneyland, Disneyland
    The Merriest Place To Be
    It Was Thought Of By Walt Himself
    For People Like You And Me
    It's A Place Where You Can Become A Child Again
    And Laugh The Whole Day Through
    You Can Ride The Rides And See The Shows
    And Even Take A Picture With Pooh
    It's Said To Be The Happiest Place