Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why Disneyland?

• Don't Mess With The Duck!

Question Why Disneyland?

Out of every place on Earth that you've ever been why is it that Disneyland keeps drawing you back more than the others? Why do you feel the need to go often, perhaps every day?

Is it the magic? If so, what is the defintion of "magic" to you?
    Is it the rides? Which rides and why?
    Is it the shows? Which shows and why?
    Is it the ability to go somewhere and see the smiles on peoples' faces? Why do you feel Disneyland is the better location to see this?

And so I ask...why Disneyland?

...Joe...

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

Re: Why Disneyland?

For me.....it is all about all the small details, lots I am familiar with, reminding me of past good times, and discovering new ones...immersive, detailed, unusual yet welcoming experiences, really. Favorite rides....for me, Pirates and Haunted mansion...for the detail, stepping into a different, immersive world, the music, the sense of familiarity, the morbid slightly nature of it which I find appealing in all areas, not just these rides, the slightly wry humor. These are my reasons why Disneyland.

• I can't stand you.

Its "escape reality" appeal is what gets me. Being 21 years old I can come in and be surrounded by smiles and it brings it out in me. I can have the worst day of my life let a few hours and tons of rides ill feel like a million bucks. I can't explain it deeper than that but it brings back a lot of memories as a kid.

Not to take away from the other parks but when I wanna feel good about myself ill go to disneyland. If I wanna go to a party enviroment ill go to Six Flags or Knotts. But not to sound corny..but honestly in my book Disneyland is the happiest place to go for me. It brings me to a point where ill hold back tears for no reason other than I'm so happy.

People always ask this same question to me since I'm all about Disneyland my friends kind of look at me funny but its like this is one of the few places where I can be geniunely 100% happy and enthused (the only other place that can do that is a car show/meet) and oh man the fireworks is it for me ill ball like ay bay bayyyy!

• Banned User

Disneyland, I Go So Much Might As Well Live There!
    Blog Entries

Disneyland is a magical place for me. Everytime I step throught the main gates, it;s like I stepped into a different reality where I can forget all problems, thy all go away, and just feel like a young kid at heart again.

I am amazed no matter how high admissions prices are, families still spend lots of money JUST to conme to Disneyland. It is all about the magic.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Chopsticks View Post
    Its "escape reality" appeal is what gets me. Being 21 years old I can come in and be surrounded by smiles and it brings it out in me. I can have the worst day of my life let a few hours and tons of rides ill feel like a million bucks. I can't explain it deeper than that but it brings back a lot of memories as a kid.

Not to take away from the other parks but when I wanna feel good about myself ill go to disneyland. If I wanna go to a party enviroment ill go to Six Flags or Knotts. But not to sound corny..but honestly in my book Disneyland is the happiest place to go for me. It brings me to a point where ill hold back tears for no reason other than I'm so happy.

People always ask this same question to me since I'm all about Disneyland my friends kind of look at me funny but its like this is one of the few places where I can be geniunely 100% happy and enthused (the only other place that can do that is a car show/meet) and oh man the fireworks is it for me ill ball like ay bay bayyyy!
    You took the words right out of my mouth! There is nothing like a Disney fix after a tough day at work.

• Minion

The taste in visual design, shape, music, color and style and transporting themes, stories and ideas expressed and constructed at Disneyland USA by Walt Disney and his original team of Imagineers is vital and refreshing to the eye, ear and soul. Those original elements still found at the park equate to the experience of being immersed in a classic Walt Disney movie and comprise an escape for the often soulless and demanding everyday world.

But when Disney belies the illusion to bask in their own giddy glow of marketing and global consumerism, profiteering and sloganeering ("magic"), the real world enters and it weakens the spell. But the elements that exist from Walt's time still balance these trends out at the original Disneyland.

Like Wendy's trip to Neverland, Disneyland allows one's inner child to feel at one with the environment, nurturing and encouraging that vital spirit of youth, whether through first-time experience or nostalgia for a safe, more reassuring past.
    Last edited by merlinjones; 08-11-2007 at 08:21 AM.

• =)

At the heart of my love for Disneyland is a single memory--walking along Main Street, hand in hand with grandfather, and heading out to the old parking lot as fireworks began to bloom behind us, after the best third birthday I could possibly have had. That's when it all began for me, and every trip I took as a child was just too much fun. I loved being with family, I loved the rides, and I loved the characters.

Fast forward to now. I recently had the most amazing Disneyland trip I've had in years, and it was for a great combination of reasons. I think I'll try to go through these, starting with the most visceral and ending with the most intellectual.

* Endorphins and adrenaline. When I jump out of Indy or Space Mountain or any of the other fast rides, my body's natural drug dealers are tossing feel-good chemicals into my bloodstream for free. I'm by no means a thrill junkie, but I really do enjoy the purely visceral boost of energy that I get from Disneyland's very satisfying themed thrill rides.
    * My family and/or friends and I have a great time experiencing the rides, eating, walking around, posing for ride photos, watching shows, deciding what to do next--together. Except for when disputes about the next ride occur, Disneyland has a way of bringing us together.
    * The theming is inescapable in its escapism. :P Seriously, you can't help but remove yourself from the outside world bit once you pass beneath the railroad tracks. (Okay, three of the park's best immersive rides take you back "outside" again, but so do a creepy favorite of the ages, a new cheapskate dark ride, and a land that's currently losing in the "Favorite Land" poll.) Anyway, the theming creates several emotions that really work for a lot of people: nostalgia for the past, a sense of adventure, awe at the American dream, wondering what the future will be like, remembering favorite animated films, etc. The theming is impressive in terms of breadth and depth.
    * Now that I've gotten older and some of Disneyland's instinctive magic has lost just a little bit of its shimmer, my interests have shifted more toward understanding the mechanisms that make the place work. I lean out of the Doombuggy and look backwards, or I squint into Splash Mountain's maintenance track, or I think about where the big room is while I'm boarding Indy. It's a lot more intellectual and a lot less instinctive, but I still really enjoy figuring out why the place has worked so well for me and millions of others.

I could go on and on about these sorts of reasons, but it still comes back to that early memory and ones like it. Disneyland captures kids' imaginations, particularly when they are as simultaneously drawn to the past and future as mine was.

• ...lurks...

It's about the memories, really. From when I was little, very fond memories. I think people (myself included) try to re-live those fond memories and also try to make some for their significant other, friends, nieces, nephews and/or their kids if they have any.

Magic of the park, I'd say not, but I would say the Magic of Memories with loved ones is what keeps people coming back - even if they've got to donate bone marrow over the course of a year or two to bring everyone back to that special place in their minds....love, it makes the world go 'round.

• Don't Mess With The Duck!

Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    Magic of Memories
    Am I the only one that thinks this sounds like a better promotion name than Year Of A Million Dreams?

...Joe...

• DL is my anti-drug.

Its because when i go there, i feel like i have walked into a whole other world. No worries, leave my stress's behind. Im there for one reason and one reason only, to have fun. Thats just how Disneyland makes me feel as soon as i walk through the tunnel.

Why not Disneyland??

Seriously, for me the magic is about the little things. It's not just the details, though that matters also. It's more about time spent with my family in a place we love. Sure, we go to other parks, go on vacations, and spend time together in lots of other ways, but Disneyland is special.

Quote Originally Posted by JosephTNielsen View Post
    Am I the only one that thinks this sounds like a better promotion name than Year Of A Million Dreams?

...Joe...
    Way better.

• addict.

there are no words...
    "To all who come to this happy place... welcome."

"Aye... That be true."

• Narnian in Disneyland

6 hours and 29 minutes from the Happiest Place on Earth

The atmosphere. Even though I barely sit still except while waiting in line, I love to just take everything in. The buildings, the rides, the smells, the sounds, it all fits together to make an amazing place.
    "Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah, Zip-a-Dee-Ay,
    Home sweet home is the lesson today."

You're wrong, Brer Rabbit, why would I want to be home when I can be at Disneyland?!?

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Disneyland gives me feelings that no other place does. Sure family vacations can give you that warm feeling, but Disneyland consistantly does. Be it my childhood, watching my kids grow or spending time with friends that haven't been there before, Disney sparks emotion in so many different ways it's priceless.

Chad

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast