• Minion

Short Trip Report from 8 days at DLR.

I just got back from 8 days at DLR from July 31st- August 8th. I skipped August 4th and went to the San Diego Zoo's Wild Animal Park so 9 days total excluding the day I flew back because I did absolutely nothing of interest on the day I flew back.

This was my third DLR trip with my first being in Summer 2005 and my second being in December 2005.

It was a great trip and here are my thoughts on various things:

-Snow White's Scary Adventures had a broken effect, the witch didn't turn around and you saw her regualr form facing you instead of her hag form. This was bad becuase that is one of the best parts of the ride. I do understand things break down, but I hope they fix this fast.
    -Finding Nemo: Submarine Voyage is a good and enjoyable ride, I rode it twice since I got on quickly because my dad uses an ECV. If I had to wait through the regular line I would not have gone a second time. It is a good ride, but not worth a 90 minute or more wait (ecspecially for a second time). The worse part was the projections, they mostly loooked glarringly fake and mostly unnecesary. If FN:SV had audio animatronics instead of projections it might have been great. I really liked the unique ride system of the submarines and I liked the large sets.
    -Splash Mountain is still a favorite of mine, but it needs the alligator back and the broken audio animatronics need to be fixed ASAP.
    -First time I have seen Constance in the Haunted Mansion and she is really cool.
    -I like the new Animation Academy in the Animation Building.
    -Soarin's handrails are absolutely unacceptable.
    -Paraidse Pier sucks, it hasn't gotten any worse, but I spent my shortest amount of time ever in this area. I rode California Screamin' once and that was enough(my 10+ rides on Big Thunder Mountain this trip didn't come close to being enough). I didn't even waste my time with the rest of PP. At least TSM! will improve the area.
    -Monsters Inc. has imporved since I rode it in the December 2005 soft opening, but it is still DLR's worse dark ride. At least it was faster than it was during the soft opening and everything was working, unlike during the soft opening. It still needs to be faster though. The facade needs to be fixed ASAP, I hate seeing it from the Tower of Terror.
    -Pirate's Liar was cool because Dead Man's Grotto was awesome, but it should have been much longer.

One thing I learned from this trip:

You can never spend too much time at DLR.

• For You!

Re: Short Trip Report from 8 days at DLR.

Where are the pictures?

Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by BFJen View Post
    Where are the pictures?
    I should have just labeled this observations and thoughts, as that was what it is more than a full blown trip report. I might get some pics up later.

• thanks for noticing me

was there the same time as you and fully agree, my dh wont even ride monsters inc because he says its so lame
    Angela
    Going for Halloween 2011
    *Click here to see My Disneyland Photos*

• Goofy

sounds like you had so much fun, too bad I was there on the 4th.