View Poll Results: were should there be another disney park?

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • Asia

4 11.11%
  • Australia

24 66.67%
  • europe

1 2.78%
  • Africa

0 0%
  • south america

4 11.11%
  • other

3 8.33%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Fancy that...

Re: were would Disney put another disney park outside of the US?

i think that the places that need disney parks would be northern China, Australia, Canada, Mexico, africa, south america... anywere else you can think of?

• California Golden Bear

there shouldn't be any more Disney parks for a while. The mouse has its hands full with DCA, WDSP and HKDL all needing a lot of work to bring them up to true Disney quality, plus it needs to put money into maintaining its parks at WDW.
    The next Disney park should be a third gate at DLR or DLP, or a second at HK, but not for a long time.
    "Once a man has tasted freedom he will never be content to be a slave. That is why I believe that this frightfulness we see everywhere today is only temporary. Tomorrow will be better for as long as America keeps alive the ideals of freedom and a better life. All men will want to be free and share our way of life... I thank God and America for the right to live and raise my family under the flag of tolerance, democracy and freedom."
    -Walt Disney, March 1, 1941

“Whatever success I have had in bringing clean, informative entertainment to people of all ages, I attribute in great part to my Congregational upbringing and my lifelong habit of prayer. To me, today, at age sixty-one, all prayer, by the humble or highly placed, has one thing in common: supplication for strength and inspiration to carry on the best human impulses which should bind us together for a better world. Without such inspiration, we would rapidly deteriorate and finally perish. But in our troubled time, the right of men to think and worship as their conscience dictates is being sorely pressed. We can retain these privileges only by being constantly on guard and fighting off any encroachment on these precepts. To retreat from any of the principles handed down by our forefathers, who shed their blood for the ideals we still embrace, would be a complete victory for those who would destroy liberty and justice for the individual.”
    Walt Disney, Deeds Rather Than Words

• Fancy that...

Quote Originally Posted by 1313HarborBlvd View Post
    there shouldn't be any more Disney parks for a while. The mouse has its hands full with DCA, WDSP and HKDL all needing a lot of work to bring them up to true Disney quality, plus it needs to put money into maintaining its parks at WDW.
    The next Disney park should be a third gate at DLR or DLP, or a second at HK, but not for a long time.

yep i know- just think of this thread as were would Disney put another disney park outside of the US AFTER all that stuff is done. its just an anticipation thread, don't get your boxers in a bunch

• Shablagoo!

Antartica! There is a vast penguin population with money to spare and no competition.
    Penguins love Disney ever since Mary Poppins.

• Splash Mountain addict.

Mainland China is my bet...Disney has a strong brand awareness in China, but placing the park on Hong Kong ostracized a lot of visitors since Hong Kong residents can be cold (at best!) towards mainlanders. Then again, the China bubble could burst at any time, and investing in something like a theme park in country experiencing such irregular and uncontrolled growth is a bit of a risk!

I agree...Fix DCA and HKDL (attendance issues) before building another park!

I wish we could have one in Canada, but the weather is just so gosh darn terrible here. The winters last half the year, the summers are dangerously humid (plus it storms most of the time), and theres barely any spring or fall.

At the moment, Disney has mainland China (Shanghai) and India (don't know the exact location being considered) in it's sights. India is of particular interest as it is arguably the most important emerging 'market' on the planet. Consumer Products has known about India for a while; Theme Parks and Resorts only recently caught on.

Regardless, any additional International expansion is highly unlikely until existing Parks abroad begin to consistently pull their own weight, Tokyo being the obvious exception.

• Minion

They should quit adding parks and diminishing the specialness of the brand's unique destinations. They have already over-franchised, which has harmed WDW in particular.

my vote is for oz.

uae?? no way. there's too much of a circus going on over there as it stands, disney doesn't belong there.

but i agree with some, where as they should just concentrate on what already exists. but in years to come? definitely my vote is for the land down under.

kingdom hearts <3er

• Winter in Oceanside...

Asia has 2 already - enough with Asia. Canada - sounds good but it would have to be an indoor park because of the weather. South America - good. But I prefer Australia. The weather is nice and so many Australian come to DLR that I think they would have a ready to go fan base for DLA.

My vote it for Canada! I can't see it being right in Vancouver because there really isn't alot of space there anymore but if they head about an hour east it would be perfect!! There is no humidity like there is back east and the rain isn't really THAT bad. We rarely get enough snow to worry about.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12