Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1

    • .
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    3,923

    "Welcome to the Year of a Million Dreams!"

    ... says the Voice of Disney during his 30 min Fantasmic! announcement.
    They started using the new announcement today, and I wanted to see what the thoughts about it were.
    All that's changed is after he says "ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls" he now says "Welcome to the Year of a Million Dreams!"
    Then it continues to "soon, the Rivers of America will come alive..."

    The 30 min is the only one that's changed. The 15 and the 10/5 remain as the circa 1995 announcements.

  2. #2

    • Producer Extraordinaire
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Chino Hills, CA
    Posts
    193

    Re: "Welcome to the Year of a Million Dreams!"

    People will just just around at each other and say, "Year of a Million Dreams??! What the heck is that?!" which reaffirmates what I feel is the essence of the YOAMD.

    Maybe they could add, "If this was 11 hours ago, and you're a 'typical American family', you could have won a night's stay in the gallery we demolished to turn into a room similar to the one you already paid to stay in!

    Maybe they could modify it so that Jay Rasulo delivers the lines, "Now I'll turn that little mouse's dream into a Year of a Million Nightmares!"

    Might as well ...




  3. #3

    • Can Only Wish For More!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Long Beach, CA
    Posts
    730

    Re: "Welcome to the Year of a Million Dreams!"

    I find it so strange to hear that. It's so out of place!
    Took mom to Disneyland for the first time in over 20 years this week! Woo!
    - March 1, 2006

    She screamed, cried, and laughed...
    - me too!

  4. #4

    • One big touch screen.....
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    407

    Re: "Welcome to the Year of a Million Dreams!"

    Quote Originally Posted by WannaCub View Post
    I find it so strange to hear that. It's so out of place!
    Count yourself lucky that it hasn't intruded into the show like it has in IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth at Epcot. Jim Cummings has re-recorded the introductory narration to include the YoaMD/ "Where Dreams Come True" tagline.

    It takes you out of the show, and the rest of the re-recorded spiel isn't as effective as the original.

    Annoying.

    VERY annoying.

  5. #5

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    4,291

    Re: "Welcome to the Year of a Million Dreams!"

    Quote Originally Posted by EPCOT View Post
    Count yourself lucky that it hasn't intruded into the show like it has in IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth at Epcot. Jim Cummings has re-recorded the introductory narration to include the YoaMD/ "Where Dreams Come True" tagline.

    It takes you out of the show, and the rest of the re-recorded spiel isn't as effective as the original.

    Annoying.

    VERY annoying.
    Just out of curiosity, what does it say exactly now?
    ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~


  6. #6

    • One big touch screen.....
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    407

    Re: "Welcome to the Year of a Million Dreams!"

    Quote Originally Posted by TDR_Fan View Post
    Just out of curiosity, what does it say exactly now?

    "Good evening, on behalf of Walt Disney World, Where Dreams Come True, we welcome all of you to Epcot and World Showcase. We've gathered here tonight, around the fire....................."

    It's a show with a grand, ambitious theme about world unity, the power of the human spirit and peace.

    And then 'they' stick that at the beginning...........


  7. #7

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    4,291

    Re: "Welcome to the Year of a Million Dreams!"

    Quote Originally Posted by EPCOT View Post
    "Good evening, on behalf of Walt Disney World, Where Dreams Come True, we welcome all of you to Epcot and World Showcase. We've gathered here tonight, around the fire....................."

    It's a show with a grand, ambitious theme about world unity, the power of the human spirit and peace.

    And then 'they' stick that at the beginning...........

    Thanks. I see what you mean about it being very intrusive.
    ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~


  8. #8

    • and too all a good fright
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    South Jersey
    Posts
    469

    Re: "Welcome to the Year of a Million Dreams!"

    Whether you hate it the new opening or not, I think it goes to show how poorly executed YOAMD was. Why wasn't this added when the campaign started instead of months in? Poorly conceived. Poorly executed.

Similar Threads

  1. Is there a trick to winning "The Year of A Million Dreams Prizes?"
    By SkittlesMcGee943 in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 09-29-2007, 03:55 PM
  2. Replies: 18
    Last Post: 09-20-2007, 12:31 PM
  3. Replies: 12
    Last Post: 08-01-2007, 07:48 PM
  4. Will "The Year of a Million Dreams" Sweepstakes Increase A.P. Attendance?
    By PragmaticIdealist in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 12-05-2006, 09:25 AM
  5. Replies: 35
    Last Post: 09-19-2006, 06:05 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •