Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Best time for UK person to visit?

Hey everybody, don't post much but read MC every day! Anyhoo, i'm sure this has been covered before in other topics but basically i'm in the early stages of planning a trip to various places in the world but i want to stop off in Anaheim but was wondering when tends to be the quietest time in terms of crowds being low? I was lucky enough to visit on my way to Australia last year during August and whilst it was amazing( first time i'd been to Disneyland since 1992 when i was 10) it was very crowded, which i obviously expected due to the time of year.

I'm planning to come over in early to mid April next year but this can be changed. So what i wanted to know is, how does this correspond with your schools being on vacation? Is it a good time to visit or will the park be packed? Help!

• Minion

Re: Best time for UK person to visit?

You might run in to schools being off for spring break. Later in April would be better, I think.
    The very slowest time to come is after Thanksgiving and before Christmas. Also less rides seem to be refurbished then.
    Good luck in your planning!

• Little Miss Sunshine

If you do have to go then, maybe closer to May is best. Spring break gets bigger as it gets closer to Easter, and then it starts dropping off in the couple of weeks after.

If I had one time to go to Disneyland, I'd also say November (not Thanksgiving), early December. Small World Holiday and the Haunted Mansion Holiday, etc. are at that time and worth the visit.
    Last edited by nbodyhome; 08-12-2007 at 07:23 AM.
    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    I think it will give more pipping pervs the reason needed to go parasailing
    on Bay Lake.

• Hooterville, USA

September, after the kids go back to school. Best time of the whole year.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• Not like Crocodile Dundee

Adelaide, South Australia (8199 miles from DL)
    Blog Entries

Sorry, management no longer admits Lincs to the Park. Not since "the incident".

I'm not much help sorry, just messing with you. - Spaced is pure genius by the way.

April would be okay, as long as you don't run into a school break. I've been in March and it was relatively quiet. Going on non public holiday weekdays is the best bet.
    Disney FAQ#275: What is DCA?
    DCA stands for Disney Construction Area. All the Cast Members are themed with hard hats and steel toed boots.

• Old Timer

I would agreee that late November and early December would be great. Most attractions are open, the Christmas decorations are up (and worth a visit in themselves), the crowds are light and, especially for one from the UK, the weather isn't too hot.
    The Spring can be touchy as there are so many different school calanders that it is hard to know when 'spring break' is anymore.
    Let us know when you're coming and maybe some of us could meet with you!

Thanks for all the replies so far people! Well, March sounds like it might be a good option in that case so as to avoid Easter breaks and the like. Whilst i would love to see Disneyland during Christmas time with the holiday overlays and stuff, it's not really possible for me to come during that time of year due to work commitments.

Also, it would be awesome to arrange some sort of meet. They always look like great fun on people's trip reports! Plus i'd more than likely have to come over on my own so it would be great to see some familiar-ish faces!

• DL Local

Feb is a favorite for our houseguests. Just check the calendar on the website to check for any scheduled ride closings. But you can walk right on most rides especially if you go during a weekday. First 2 weeks of december are also good. Just avoid holidays and tourist season...
    www.OCMomActivities.blogspot.com Fun Adventures in Orange County, CA

*Submit your Disney blog posts here for upcoming Disney theme blog carnival! http://blogcarnival.com/bc/cprof_7906.html

www.brettandkyle.blogspot.com Disneyland through the eyes of kids

• Minion

Blog Entries

if you cn get off the first 2 weeks of january christmas is still up and running! its also usually pretty slow. kids are going back to school and all.

• Minion

March is worse than April for crowds. This is the start of spring break season an April is the tail end. The end of April would be much quieter than March. If it is a choice between March and the middle of Apriel that you originally were going to do, I say stick with April.

Lol..okay..maybe February is the best time then! What actually is spring break then...is it just an uber-long holiday or something? Sorry for being a naive brit!

• Mom, Mickey has a room??

Spring break is a school holiday. It usually falls sometime around Easter and is only one to two weeks long. The only problem is that it isnt a set date. Schools/ Cities all have different dates. So it last about two months of schools getting off and schools going back.

Hope that helps a little!

• Minion

Spring break is two weeks usually. The problem is all school districts have them at different times, so all of March and some of April are very busy!
    We did Feb before and it was good for crowds, just watch out for President's week, that is another school week off!

• Down Pluto!

I usually go in October...

More detailed infor can be found at Scottware.com - right here...

I am Sambo, and I endorse this signature.

Quote Originally Posted by junebugdan View Post
    Hey everybody, don't post much but read MC every day! Anyhoo, i'm sure this has been covered before in other topics but basically i'm in the early stages of planning a trip to various places in the world but i want to stop off in Anaheim but was wondering when tends to be the quietest time in terms of crowds being low? I was lucky enough to visit on my way to Australia last year during August and whilst it was amazing( first time i'd been to Disneyland since 1992 when i was 10) it was very crowded, which i obviously expected due to the time of year.

I'm planning to come over in early to mid April next year but this can be changed. So what i wanted to know is, how does this correspond with your schools being on vacation? Is it a good time to visit or will the park be packed? Help!
    It's right in the middle of Spring Break. But I will say this, our school district has a very late spring break, like the 16th of April. Friend went during spring break last year and while it was crowded on the weekend, it was much better mid week. mon-thurs. I think that's probably the last week of spring break so maybe plan later in the month.
    Janette

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast