• DL Nerd

what age requirements are there for the Walk in Walt's tour?

We're (my wife and I) planning on doing this tour next time we hit DLR and the family we are going with are thinking about going on it as well.

they have a 5 year old and a 2 year old. We're pretty sure that the 2 year old won't have to pay the price of the tour. anybody have any Idea about a price for the 5 year old? The DLR resort says $59 for all ages.

does that include kids?

Are kids that age even allowed to go?

thanks in advance my MC buddies!!
    Last edited by Junthor; 08-12-2007 at 08:29 PM.
    All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them. - Walt Disney

Re: what age requirements are there for the Walk in Walt's tour?

Some Tours I think require you to be 16+ years of age. Correct me if I'm wrong
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Nah,

I took my daughter and Niece who were both 10 at the time. If you have someone younger than that you are on you own! LOL. Have fun!

Chad

• DL Nerd

bump
    All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them. - Walt Disney

• Squaw NO gettum firewood!

There aren't any age restrictions, and there aren't any child's prices. I'm a Walt guide and I've had mothers with the infant in the baby backpack on my tours. That said, it's a long tour and it's very history based - some kids are cool with that, but other kids aren't, so I always tell people to REALLY think about if their 10 year old is the kind of 10 year old that will walk the park for 3 hours listening to history stories and not get bored and antsy and ruin the tour for their parents. Thats a lot of money just to listen to little johnny say "when are we gonna go on rides?" for a few hours.
    "Remember 'Old Yeller'? We shot the dog." - Roy E. Disney

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by RumRunner31 View Post
    There aren't any age restrictions, and there aren't any child's prices. I'm a Walt guide and I've had mothers with the infant in the baby backpack on my tours. That said, it's a long tour and it's very history based - some kids are cool with that, but other kids aren't, so I always tell people to REALLY think about if their 10 year old is the kind of 10 year old that will walk the park for 3 hours listening to history stories and not get bored and antsy and ruin the tour for their parents. Thats a lot of money just to listen to little johnny say "when are we gonna go on rides?" for a few hours.
    Excellent advice. I've been on this tour a few times, and it really isn't for younger kids. I would not take a 5 and 2yo on it. They will not be happy.

But, if they go, the 5yo pays $59 also.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

• Disneyland Fanatic

Great info, good to know!

not to derail the question but since it's tour related, does anybody know if they will let us take an 8 month old on the Holiday Tour this November?

We took the tour last year with our 8 year old and LOVED it. Since I know what to expect, I know the baby can handle it, I can time it so she doesn't have to eat during the tour, and there is a potty break for everybody so I could do any diaper changing then....but the question is: are infants allowed? (I've been meaning to call but you guys always have such great info here!)

TIA

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by G.I. Mom View Post
    Great info, good to know!

not to derail the question but since it's tour related, does anybody know if they will let us take an 8 month old on the Holiday Tour this November?

We took the tour last year with our 8 year old and LOVED it. Since I know what to expect, I know the baby can handle it, I can time it so she doesn't have to eat during the tour, and there is a potty break for everybody so I could do any diaper changing then....but the question is: are infants allowed? (I've been meaning to call but you guys always have such great info here!)

TIA
    Yes, and at no extra charge! I believe the only tour with an age limit is the Segway tour. The holiday tour is a better tour for the younger ones than the Walt tour, as you do go on a couple rides and its theme is easier for them.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.