Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: HISTA To Be Replaced By Attraction Based On Kurt Russell's Sky High Film?

You were surprised?!! By a Disney film ending?!!...

• Reaver of Souls

I posted this over in the "Ask Al" thread, but here is my take on the area...

I'd love to see a non-Disney tie-in attraction there. I mean, we have disney/pixar characters crammed down our throats already. Is there really a need for more? Look at Soarin. A great ride, done just for the thrill of it. Sure, DL is at the end, but it's basically a footnote. How about replacing HISTA with a 3D Space Station film? Heck, they could gut the place and put in an IMAX screen. How sweet would THAT be? It's Tomorrowland. You're by Space Mountain. It makes sense to have a space-themed movie. Are intellects and attention spans so short that there can't be something in there based on science fact, rather than science fiction? Is the exploration of space old hat and boring these days? If so, these are sad, sad times...
    Honor those who fall under the sword.
    But pity the warrior who has slain all his enemies.

• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by goldenstate5
    You were surprised?!! By a Disney film ending?!!...
    I never said I was suprised, but yeah now that I know, it ruins the movie

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

• Basking in birthday love

I liked Innoventions until they took out the Segways and stuck every single computer in the place on VMK. I mean, in the computer games area that's fine, but sometimes I while at Disneyland I like to check my e-mail and make sure the network back at work hasn't broken while I'm gone. Now the only good thing to do at Innoventions is play on the consoles, and that's even kind of obnoxious because you just pick up wherever the last person to play left off, usually with no idea of the controls or the goal.

I really like Reaver's idea of putting in an IMAX screen. We've had what, three fantastic Disney films in IMAX? I know that I would absolutely love going into a dark theatre in the middle of the day to watch Beauty and the Beast or Lion King while it's baking outside and the park's at its busiest. The problem with that idea is that they might charge money for it...

Is Spy Kids a Disney property? I know they haven't owned every movie that's been turned into an attraction (like the Lucas stuff), but it's certainly been the vast majority.

An idea for Innoventions' spot: an interactive mystery game, where you have to run around and get clues to solve the case. (It'd be an innocuous, family-friendly mystery, no murders or anything.) It'd be really tough to pull off well, but man, that would be fun.

Cinderella IV: The Bloodening

"It's okay, Beaker, we're scientists. We get paid to fail."

• So, you like... stuff?

Quote Originally Posted by Evan-500
    I never said I was suprised, but yeah now that I know, it ruins the movie
    Come on, i seriously doubt that knowing the ending is going to ruin the movie. I think it will do that on its own. Let's face it, other than POTC, when was the last decent live action movie, that was based on an original idea? I've seen the trailer for "Sky High" and i have a pretty good feeling this movie will be as awesome as "The pacifier". Oh, wait...

• the subs were cool maan

I kno all u dudes would kill me if i made this into a new thread, but why not a 3-D movie on the History of Tomorrowland/Disneyland in that theater? huh? eh? Eh? EH?

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by mp3piratesavvy
    I kno all u dudes would kill me if i made this into a new thread, but why not a 3-D movie on the History of Tomorrowland/Disneyland in that theater? huh? eh? Eh? EH?
    As far as Innoventions is concerned, just about anything would be preferrable to it's current state of nothingness. But if the Kurt Russell film is popular, it's Sky High for the Magic Eye all the way, baby!
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 07-10-2005 at 09:32 PM.

• out & about

Quote Originally Posted by JoshMDizzle
    Come on, i seriously doubt that knowing the ending is going to ruin the movie. I think it will do that on its own. Let's face it, other than POTC, when was the last decent live action movie, that was based on an original idea? I've seen the trailer for "Sky High" and i have a pretty good feeling this movie will be as awesome as "The pacifier". Oh, wait...
    Preach on brother...

I say if HISTA is gonna be replaced with another peice of crap just leave it alone. Id rather be stuck with old crap than fresh crap. If another sucky, lame , cheap, good for nothing 3-D movie is made its only going to hurt the Disney name more. However if we stay with the old crap the damage has been done. Its sad I know but... I dont make the decisions around here.
    "There's no off position on the genius switch"

@WRDinc

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123