Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Iron-Clad Allie

HISTA To Be Replaced By Attraction Based On Kurt Russell's Sky High Film?

http://movies.yahoo.com/feature/skyhigh.html

Above is a link to the new Kurt Russell film, Sky High...a superhero/sci fi/action adventure flick due to hit the theaters on July 29th. Included is a movie trailer, and a section to click onto for additional info, a critical preview, and the official website (which contains a free interactive game offering).

In brief Sky High is sort of like a live-action Incredibles, complete with a famly of super heroes. Each of the family members contain different powers - as do the students at a school for the "gifted".

A) After reviewing the trailer, etc, I would like you to post your thoughts as to whether you think that this film might be a good replacement for Tomorrowland's aging Honey, I Shrunk the Audience. [I will pose this question again after the movie has ran it's course at the box office, and compare the results]

B) In consideration of a phenomenal television and movie career that has spanned close to 50 years (from 1957's Sugarfoot tv series to today), which of his features are your favorites?

As Kurt's Disney films have been infrequent since the mid-70's (his last work being the 1992 Buena Vista production, Captain Ron.I'm looking forward to seeing him in a Disney movie again!

• is FIERCE!

Blog Entries

Re: HISTA To Be Replaced By Attraction Based On Kurt Russell's Sky High Film?

Don't forget, he was in last year's "Miracle"
    Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
    Help support the site you love:
    -Visit the MiceChat store
    Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
    MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

• insufferable know-it-all

I've got an idea... how about no more movies in the parks? Too many already.

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

• Iron-Clad Allie

i will post my opinions in response to the two questions here -

A) Based on the the trailer, etc, the film appears to be full of trippy effects and to have an engaging plot. I think it will add new energy as a replacement.

B)Among the films I have enjoyed the most are 3,000 Miles to Graceland, Soldier, Tombstone (not the pizza), Escape From New York/LA, Backdraft, The Thing, The Computor Wore Tennis Shoes, and Follow Me Boys. i am also looking forward to his remake of The Poseidon Adventure (currently in production, and due out in 2006).

• Hedonist

Damn, I miss-read this and thought it was going to be based on a "Ken" Russell movie - ah to have a Lair of the White Worm attraction...

• șoș Tom șoș

Here is a thought: Take the Innoventions building and renovate it- Welcome to Skyhigh School for Superheroes and Spies! You enter and you can choose to visit a class for superheroes related to Skyhigh or attend class with Kim Possible and the kids from Spy Kids. The interior would be more like a playground type area with fun interactive elements testing the skills and imagination a kid would need to be a superhero or a spy!

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by dramaqueen
    Don't forget, he was in last year's "Miracle"
    Miracle is yet another great film. Both you, dramaqueen, and Morrigoon posted so lightning quick that it took the wind out of me.
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 07-06-2005 at 02:30 PM.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by ah schucks
    Here is a thought: Take the Innoventions building and renovate it- Welcome to Skyhigh School for Superheroes and Spies! You enter and you can choose to visit a class for superheroes related to Skyhigh or attend class with Kim Possible and the kids from Spy Kids. The interior would be more like a playground type area with fun interactive elements testing the skills and imagination a kid would need to be a superhero or a spy!
    This concept would certainly break some new gound. It sounds extremely fun, and stimulating to both the intellect and imagination. Good family idea - especially where kuds are concerned,
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 07-06-2005 at 02:54 PM.

• Reaver of Souls

I'm a huge Russel fan, to the point that when SG1 was in it's initial stages, I was furious over the casting of Anderson in the part of Jack O'Neill... I got over it, for the most part. But when I first saw the posters for Sky High, I was really nervous. I thought I saw an impending stinkburger, and I hate to see actors I like in crappy movies. (Yes, I'm one of the 10 or 15 that really enjoyed "Soldier").

So last week I find myself at the WotW premier, and the preview for SH came on, and I was surprised to be laughing the whole time. I mean, come on, seeing Bruce Cambell alone will be wort the price of admission! "Sidekick!" LOL. I'm excited about this movie. Not Narnia excited, but excited. It looks fun, and there aren't many movies I see that are just plain fun. I'd ove to see this utilized in the park somewhere...

As for my favorates.. Soldier is one that I liked a lot (creepy how much his son looks like him, isn't it?). Escape 1&2 are classics, as is Tombstone... And who can forget his guest spot on Gilligan's Island?!?
    Honor those who fall under the sword.
    But pity the warrior who has slain all his enemies.

• șoș Tom șoș

Oh I forgot to mention I love Kurt Russel! So yeah for this film! He will always be Snake Plisken badest *** dude ever in the "Escape from New York" film. Good lord if he isn't his own second runner up as second most bad *** in Tombstone. Ya gotta love the wacky "Big Trouble in Little China"

Quote Originally Posted by ah schucks
    The thing is, what do Sky High, Spy Kids, and Kim Possible have to do with Tomorrow? They're not really science fiction, more like fantasy. Also, I would never want to see Spy Kids or Kim Possible in a Disney park.

• șoș Tom șoș

Quote Originally Posted by InwardSinger
    The thing is, what do Sky High, Spy Kids, and Kim Possible have to do with Tomorrow? They're not really science fiction, more like fantasy. Also, I would never want to see Spy Kids or Kim Possible in a Disney park.
    For the love of pete-------------superheros and spies are not fantasy! Superheros are born out of acts of science fiction, Peter Parker is bit by a radioactive spider- bum bum he becomes Spiderman, X-men have genetics mutant gifts- also sci-fi.

Spies stopped being spies on the big screen ever since Q arrived. These guys are Batman without the mask. The kids in Spy Kids had amazing inventions that are years away---inventions that are years away, hmmm sounds like science and it sounds like fiction, put em together.

My thought: Would rather see Spy Kids and Sky High then another Pixar based animation ride.

• out & about

I say no Spy Kids, no Kim Possible and no Sky High. What we need is an original idea not an knock-off of some (more often than not) lame movie. While Spy Kids, Kim P. & Sky High might be amussing movies that entertain I doubt any of them will be able to endur as classics, therefore deeming any attraction based on their ideas doomed to failure. once the "get rich quick" scheme of these movies is over and the novelty wears off people are gonna be over it and the attraction would die a horrible death. In my opinion they lack what it takes to stand the test of time either as a HISTA replacement or as a new occupant to Innoventions. Employing any of the mentioned movies and/or shows with a multi-year multi-million dollar disney contract would be a mistake.

My plan involves the destruction of Innoventions for a more Innovating attraction and demolition of the Magic Eye for the throwback outdoor amphitheater.
    there that settles it.
    "There's no off position on the genius switch"

WplusK.com
    http://twitter.com/WRDinc

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by Reaver
    I'm a huge Russel fan, to the point that when SG1 was in it's initial stages, I was furious over the casting of Anderson in the part of Jack O'Neill... I got over it, for the most part. But when I first saw the posters for Sky High, I was really nervous. I thought I saw an impending stinkburger, and I hate to see actors I like in crappy movies. (Yes, I'm one of the 10 or 15 that really enjoyed "Soldier").

So last week I find myself at the WotW premier, and the preview for SH came on, and I was surprised to be laughing the whole time. I mean, come on, seeing Bruce Cambell alone will be wort the price of admission! "Sidekick!" LOL. I'm excited about this movie. Not Narnia excited, but excited. It looks fun, and there aren't many movies I see that are just plain fun. I'd ove to see this utilized in the park somewhere...

As for my favorates.. Soldier is one that I liked a lot (creepy how much his son looks like him, isn't it?). Escape 1&2 are classics, as is Tombstone... And who can forget his guest spot on Gilligan's Island?!?

You're right, Reaver...Bruce Campbell "Sidekick"...hilarious! He seems like such a "sad sack" too. This flick looks to be just fun, lightheartrd romp...escapism in it's purist form. The special effects look pretty slick too. They really bring the powers of the superheroes to life...the fire ball controller and the shape shifter are way cool!

I missed that Gilligan's Island episode. Although, Jim Backus joined him in The Computer Wore Tennis Shoes, and it's teo sequels. As with Backus' Mr. MaGoo voice character, many may not realize that Russell is a great voice character actor himself. He nailed the voice of Elvis in Forest Gump, and he was the voice for Adult Copper in The Fox and the hound

ah shucks, I share your enthusiasm for Big Trouble In Little China. regarding Tombstone, Val Kilmer's portrayal of Doc Hiliday was amazingly effective.

• Official Mice Chat person

Looks like a great movie, but probably wouldn't be a good attraction. But you never know.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast