Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

How does everyone feel about this

My wife and I will be taking my niece and nephew to the park soon and am wondering what you guys think of one of us waiting in line for the subs while the other takes the kids to fantasyland. Since I'm thinking the line will be at least 1.5 hrs I really didn't want to stand there with the two of them (ages 4&5) for that long. I know some people will say we are line jumping but I know for me, I'd rather have someone's kids show up at the end rather than standing in line and doing all of the "annoying-I'm-bored-in-line" things. Please give me your thoughts.

• Hooterville, USA

Re: How does everyone feel about this

It only matters to the people who have waited 2 hours in line to have someone come in late and make them wait even longer.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by msmith View Post
    My wife and I will be taking my niece and nephew to the park soon and am wondering what you guys think of one of us waiting in line for the subs while the other takes the kids to fantasyland. Since I'm thinking the line will be at least 1.5 hrs I really didn't want to stand there with the two of them (ages 4&5) for that long. I know some people will say we are line jumping but I know for me, I'd rather have someone's kids show up at the end rather than standing in line and doing all of the "annoying-I'm-bored-in-line" things. Please give me your thoughts.
    Most people will consider it line jumping. One thing to consider, the last 45 mins to hour of the line is wrapped inside itself, so it will be difficult to have them rejoin you without pushing past people, which will make them really irritated with you. The section of line that wraps around the lagoon is easy to rejoin, but where the switchbacks start, it is too difficult to rejoin.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

• Winter in Oceanside...

I have waited in that line 3 times now, and I have notice a trend. At the area that the line breaks and starts the switchback section (where you exit the subs), is where "the rest" join up with their group. I understand the concept, but it is getting annoying. It does tend to extend your wait time that last 45 minutes. Not sure what the CM's can do about it, but it doesn't seem quite fair.

• FastPass n00b

I remember going through the Splash Mountain Fastpass line while the line was around 3 hours long. It said a 60 minute wait, but it took me an hour just to get near the building. Anyways, walking past the people that had been clearly waiting at least 2 hours already, I honestly felt as if someone was going to elbow me as I passed by them. I mean these people were PISSED.

Now, if the people were ticked at the legitimate (albeit questionable) ethics of Fastpass, cutting through people in line to tell them that you have someone saving your place might come to blows. I am not exaggerating either, a lot of people don't "enjoy" their time at Disneyland nowadays, at least not in the escapism aspect that it was built for. They feel as if they HAVE to do it to untie all the knots they get themselves worked into during the week through their one-hour commute and $600,000 mortgages. So, in their overstressed minds, when you interrupt their delicate sense of "fun" in the park you open up a whole new can of worms.

Personally, I can fully understand your reasoning, but just keep in mind that people nowadays are especially irritable, especially when they feel they should be having "fun". You will get a lot of looks, mumbling profanities, and possibly physical stuff. Proceed at your own risk.

Doing what the Original poster has stated is considered "Line Jumping" or "line Cutting" both which have removal from park as a penalty. Not only the fact of penalty being a option, it is very unfair to other guests who would also rather not wait 3 hours in line but they do because that is how it works. We must all do our best to be fair to other guests while on attractions that do not utilize "Fast Pass" etc.

• A Pirate's life for me!

Having to leave the line to use the restroom and returning to it is one thing.

Part of the group leaving the line to go and enjoy other rides in the meantime is quite another.

Having four kids of our own, I understand your intentions, and personally, I wouldn't mind you doing it if you were in front of me (and I'm the first one to throw line jumpers under the bus) but with today's "crowds", that practice is highly frowned upon.

Good luck!

• T'zambezi makes me sneezy

Waiting an hour and half in line with kids that age is probably not a good idea. Maybe the best option would be to head to the ride right when the park opens.

Doesn't bother me as long as the re-joiners smile and say "excuse me". I would rather stand behind an adult than the 4/5 year olds for 1.5 hours.

• Minion

Blog Entries

honestly, our opinions should not matter on this case. if you want to do it and don't feel gulity doing it, then ignore all the "stick up the butt" people behind you and do it. if it makes you feel guilty, then don't. Simple.

i think people on here are too worried about what everyone else thinks and not listening to themselves.

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Just tell the few people behind you and it will be fine. Restless, whining kids for 2 hours is not fun, they'll understand. It's the people that do it matter-of-factly without telling people behind them that get under my skin.

Have Fun!
    Chad

The idea is the right one so you can get some of the kids out of the line and doing something else besides bugging everyone to death. But the side affect of keeping those behind you from moving forward in line once they get closer to the front does sort of "chap" people who waited there the whole time. Now it would not bother me at all because I would understand why people would do that, but there are a LOT of people who don't ever see the big picture and would have something to say I am sure of it!
    Real fans "STICK" with it!

Quote Originally Posted by aashee View Post
    Just tell the few people behind you and it will be fine. Restless, whining kids for 2 hours is not fun, they'll understand. It's the people that do it matter-of-factly without telling people behind them that get under my skin.
    Better yet, have them stand with you for 1/2 hour and then the people around you will beg you to take them away for a while.

• DL Nerd

I think you should wait in line like every other person in the park has to...

If the wait times bother you.. I agree with the other poster who said go at a different time.
    All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them. - Walt Disney

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Quote Originally Posted by sdmom View Post
    Better yet, have them stand with you for 1/2 hour and then the people around you will beg you to take them away for a while.

Bingo,

Try it on a plane. The other passengers will pitch in for a small parachute.

Chad

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast