Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

No Pyro For Halloween?

I recall reading in one of Al's updates that a Halloween-themed fireworks show was headed for Anaheim this year, much like the MK's wonderful Hallowishes.

But for months nothing ... and nothing announced in the official releases for the fall.

Anyone know if this is dead or just put off for next year?

• Minion

Blog Entries

Re: No Pyro For Halloween?

idk, i hope it doesn't happen, i can't wait to see the 50ths show again, i only saw it once.

• Banned User

The only way a Halloween themed fireworks show would happen in DL had Mickey's Halloween Treat. However, MHT is stuck at DCA, a/k/a Hell on Earth.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

A Halloween fireworks show seems to me a bit overkill. What's next? A fireworks show for Groundhog Day?

Quote Originally Posted by mouseinphilly View Post
    ... MHT is stuck at DCA, a/k/a Hell on Earth.
    I'm going to ignore that ignorant comment.

As for the fireworks show, I'm against it. RDCT is such an amazing show, that I am against replacing it with something that while charming and a novelty (BIHM), is just not at the same calibur.

What Disney needs to do is get together and come up with something even BIGGER to replace RDCT, because sooner or later the time is going to come to retire it.

...hopefully not before February 2008 though *crosses fingers!*
    Last edited by DCAFTW; 08-14-2007 at 08:27 AM.

• Beach Expert

Quote Originally Posted by DCAFTW View Post
    What Disney needs to do is get together and come up with something even BIGGER to replace RDCT, because sooner or later the time is going to come to retire it.

...hopefully not before February 2008 though *crosses fingers!*
    True, time will eventually retire it. But this time period would be greatly extended by going back to having the fireworks only during the summer season.

Yeah, except a lot of people don't like to plan their trips during the summer season. I know my family in the past ONLY would go during Christmas, and I have only this year been able to persuade them to move it to February.

So while I've seen the show several times, my family has yet to experience it, and I they would be VERY disppointed to show up to find "Believe in Valentines Day Magic" or something equally as tragic.

Showing RDCT only in the summer would leave a lot of people out in the cold.

• Beach Expert

Yeah, except a lot of people don't like to plan their trips during the summer season. I know my family in the past ONLY would go during Christmas, and I have only this year been able to persuade them to move it to February.

So while I've seen the show several times, my family has yet to experience it, and I they would be VERY disppointed to show up to find "Believe in Valentines Day Magic" or something equally as tragic.

Showing RDCT only in the summer would leave a lot of people out in the cold.
    This is true, and my brother and his family are coming out for the holidays, so it would be nice to see a fireworks show. But IMO when the fireworks were limited to the summer months it made the summer seem even more magical.

Also there are a lot more cancellations in the non-summer months because you have the Santa Ana Winds in the fall, and then rainy and blustery conditions in the winter.

Finally, and this should make the suits happy, it is a lot less expensive to have the show only during the summer.

OK ... lots of opinions, but still no one with any official news.

FWIW, in FLA, Hallowishes is a great show that only plays (or has) during MNSSHP.

Al had talked of a similar show being presented at DL during this year's Halloween season ... likely weekends from mid-Sept until 10/31. It wouldn't be replacing Remember forever. It would be seasonal ... like Small World and Haunted Mansion Holiday.

DL will do Holiday Believe I'm sure as they have most every year since 2001.

As far as Remember goes. I love it. It's the best show I've ever seen at DL. And still, I think it SHOULD be replaced.

Having 'special' offerings for 'special' events like DL's 50th lose something if they stay forever. And that's what Disney does now.

DL still (and will through at least 2010 or beyond) be showing the 'special' 50th parade.

Epcot is still showing the Millennium Illuminations ... and parades brought in for 100 Year of Walt.

Special offerings aren't, if you're going to have them indefinitely.

(See TDL, for examples of events that don't go on and on and on ...)

• May the F=ma be with you

I agree that WDW HalloWishes is a spectacular show. I'm sure that the DLR folks would like it there.
    I do have one complaint to the WDW show which will not pertain the the DLR show. HalloWishes only uses it's perimeter launch sites as part of the finale. I would really like to see at least 2 of the perimeter zones utilized as they ar during Magic, Music, and Mayhem.

WDW1974, I agree that certain shows at WDW are being recycled a bit too often. One thing that I don't mind seeing over and over is RoE as it trully holds a special place in my heart.

I would like to add that HalloWishes was shown every night in October beginning on October 15th 2006. However, the perimeter site were used only on MNSSHP nights.

Quote Originally Posted by Phonedave View Post
    Well, if your parents can't teach you, maybe you can learn from a taser.

• Banned User

"MHT is stuck at DCA, a/k/a Hell on Earth.

"I'm going to ignore that ignorant comment."
    The sad part is, before DCA was built, MHT was held until 1999 IIRC at DL, then went on hiatus when Universal went out of the horror on Halloween biz for a few years. When USH went back, Rasulo put MHT at DCA (at least for the 50th Anniversary year), but should have been placed at DL starting last year, and given how many on the board have despised California Adventure, has been stuck there since. MHT would be a better fit for DL, or having it at both parks with a special parade and fireworks show that could be on par with Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Treat at WDW's Magic Kingdom.

...and given how many on the board have despised California Adventure...
    The opinions of a few over the top Disney purists, does not make DCA "Hell on Earth." There are a lot of people that love and enjoy DCA as much (if not more at certain times) as Disneyland Park. It would be nice if people would keep their opinions as just that, opinions.

DCAFTW.

• Defying gravity

DCA, a/k/a Hell on Earth.
    Wow. It's no secret that DCA isn't DL, but I certainly wouldn't call it "Hell on Earth." Heck, I wouldn't even refer to MK with that title.

• Creative Director

Quote Originally Posted by WDW1974 View Post
    DL still (and will through at least 2010 or beyond) be showing the 'special' 50th parade.
    I would think up to 2010. Most Disneyland daytime parades (hasn't been a night specific one in a while) last around 5 years now.
    I would guess that DL would get a new one for the 55th, unless you know something I don't...

• Banned User

I don't think Disney will have a 55th Anniversary Parade in 2010. The PoD is scheduled to continue into 2009 from what I know. If there is any anniversary, the next one will be number 60.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast