Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Minion

Re: Child swap + fastfass use....can you help me with a couple of questions?

Quote Originally Posted by Malcon10t View Post
    Basically, the only rides ours can't go on are the ones they don't make the height requirement. They are generally only 24-26 inches and Matterhorn has a 35 inch, and other roller coasters are 40-48". They don't count them standing on their hind legs... (I am joking...) The rule of thumb is basically, they cannot ride rides with height requirements. The subs are fun, and our pup gets 2 seats.
    Well then, a Great Dane should be able to go on anything

It's a bit more complicated than that and it's ride-specific and has more to do with whether the rider needs to be secured though there are rides that a homo sapiens does need to be secured but the dog doesn't.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by JeffYardDog View Post
    Well then, a Great Dane should be able to go on anything

It's a bit more complicated than that and it's ride-specific and has more to do with whether the rider needs to be secured though there are rides that a homo sapiens does need to be secured but the dog doesn't.
    It is, but the only rides we cannot ride with the dog are Space, Splash, BTMRR, Indy, Tea Cups, Matterhorn, and StarTours. On the Autopia, while they seatbelt in my daughter, her dog lies on the floor. Initially, the subs was going to be a non-height required ride that wouldn't accept the dog, but they changed their rules. Alice in Wonderland is a ride that depends on the CM. We've had one CM refuse us, yet all the others allowed us. My rule of thumb, use common sense. The lady with the teacup Pink Poodle likes to try and take her dog in the little bag on rides like Indy and if CMs don't watch her, she makes it. If they tell her she can't, she claims the dog has to ride, and once the only way the CM could convince her was to tell her the dog would need to make the height requirement, and that got her to calm down and leave.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

that is a great photo. Did the dog enjoy Nemo?

Basically, the only rides ours can't go on are the ones they don't make the height requirement. They are generally only 24-26 inches and Matterhorn has a 35 inch, and other roller coasters are 40-48". They don't count them standing on their hind legs... (I am joking...) The rule of thumb is basically, they cannot ride rides with height requirements. The subs are fun, and our pup gets 2 seats.

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Quote Originally Posted by Mtnman View Post
    that is a great photo. Did the dog enjoy Nemo?
    I heard the dog said it was OK, but in another thread the dog said it wouldn't wait more than 30 minutes for the 2nd time.

Chad

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by aashee View Post
    I heard the dog said it was OK, but in another thread the dog said it wouldn't wait more than 30 minutes for the 2nd time.

Chad
    Actually, the dog waited 2 hours the first ride, 20 minutes the second ride and walked on the 3rd time.

She actually slept thru the ride. We had her do this pose for a photo moment, she was up there for maybe 15 seconds, before she curled back up to snooze some more. It was her first trip, and we actually joked "Here she is sleeping on Dumbo, here she is sleeping on the train, here she is sleeping on the subs, here she is sleeping on thru teh fireworks, etc..." Our other dogs tended to be awake more...
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Actually, the dog waited 2 hours the first ride, 20 minutes the second ride and walked on the 3rd time.

She actually slept thru the ride. We had her do this pose for a photo moment, she was up there for maybe 15 seconds, before she curled back up to snooze some more. It was her first trip, and we actually joked "Here she is sleeping on Dumbo, here she is sleeping on the train, here she is sleeping on the subs, here she is sleeping on thru teh fireworks, etc..." Our other dogs tended to be awake more...
    LOL Malcon10t.

Great story. Awesome picture of her looking through the sub window.

Chad

• A Pirate's life for me!

Quote Originally Posted by Experiment626 View Post
    I was under the impression that your whole party goes to wait in line. When they finally get to the front, they do the child swap. One parent goes on while the other waits at the waiting dock with the young child and then they swap.

Not necessarily so.

The idea is to be able to have the designated "child switch pass person" wait with the child near the exit of the ride, so they can switch the child and then the second person gets to enjoy the ride by presenting the pass to the CM.

Really, our personal experience with the child switch pass over the past 15 years or so that we have been using them, is that there is no set standard for all of the rides.

Sure, there might be something in writing somewhere, but it is hardly followed in real-life use.

"Some" have found out that the child switch pass is one of the easiest systems in the Park to kink.

I have even seen the passes for sale on eBay.

We actually have a collection of one from each ride that issues them in our display cabinet. For display purposes ONLY! Not for sale.

We ended up with them after they didn't get used for one reason or another, and forgot to turn them before we left.

I'll get around to returning them one day. I promise...

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by aashee View Post
    LOL Malcon10t.

Great story. Awesome picture of her looking through the sub window.

Chad
    Thanks! My avatar shows her closer to what she was really like at Disneyland... And here she is sleeping on the Lilly Belle...

• Disneyland Fanatic

Thanks! My avatar shows her closer to what she was really like at Disneyland... And here she is sleeping on the Lilly Belle...
    ha! I've been trying to figure out for days where she was in that picture she is so adorable

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

A dog has been on the Lily Belle and I haven't? Oh, the humanity!

Chad

• "I Break Things"

Just a thought but if you are planning on going during the crowds I would actually recommend a backpack over a stroller... technically 2 backpacks, 1 with the baby in it and 1 with the food in it! Also remember they have the Baby Care Center as well!
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

• Let's all go . . .

649.8 miles from the Happiest Place on Earth!

Back to your very first question, which had to do with Indy . . . every time I've asked for a child switch pass on Indy and we already had fastpasses, they wouldn't give one to us. The CM would just say the child swap pass only gets you to the front of the fast pass line anyway. So the child swap pass isn't too helpful on that particular ride.

Also, we've always had to wait at the end of every line to use the switch pass, meaning, like we all couldn't wait together in line and then just switch when we finally made it to the beginning of the line. So there's a lot of waiting around time. But we usually take the baby and go on a different ride. Like for Splash Mtn, the other parent takes the baby on Winnie the Pooh, and for Indiana Jones, they go on Jungle Cruise. That way you don't spend so much time just standing around.

But don't worry! You'll still have fun! And don't forget about the baby station next to first aid where you can take your baby to relax and get out of the crowds.

• Wait, what?

Blog Entries

Fastfass...

• Banned User

I am glad actually that this subject came up. though my nephews are old enough to go on rides like indy and star tours, my oldest nephew still gets scared on indy and my youngest nephew for some reason does not respond well to star tours(theres nothing scarey on it???? hmnn go figure.....)

• Vegetarian Disneylander

Sydney, Australia ... where there is no Magic Kingdom :(

If I had children, I'd swap them for a FASTPASS.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out. - Bill Hicks

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12