Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Disneyland Fanatic

Child swap + fastfass use....can you help me with a couple of questions?

OK I'm excitingly planning our family's trip to DL in November...BUT we will have our 8 month old baby with us for the first time. We have NEVER done DL with a baby LOL, and while we are experienced Fastpass users, I'm completely confused on how to best use the child swap in combination with our fastpasses when we go. (I think I understand the child swap concept by itself)

Help!!

We have a 9 yr DD who rides everything, so my question is based on that scenario:
    Mom, Dad, 9yr old and baby.

Say the 3 of us have FP to Indy (my 9 yr old's favorite ride).

Do we:
    1) get a child swap slip at the FP entrance? or at the regular line entrance?

2) how many FP tickets do we use? do I hand 2 for the first ride (DH & DD) and then nothing when we do the "swap"? (since my DD will be able to ride with me at the swap right?) I was thinking that would leave us one "unused" Indy FP which is not a bad thing

I'm just so confused! (and I don't get confused easily )

TIA!

• This is my car, Stitch :)

Rancho Cucamonga, California, United States

Re: Child swap + fastfass use....can you help me with a couple of questions?

Do they have Child Swap passes? I wasn't aware that they did. I believe you would just give all your FP's to the CM for Indy and then two of your party would ride while the third stays with the baby. When they come back, the baby would go with the two that just went on the ride and the CM's would put you on the ride next.

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Quote Originally Posted by Experiment626 View Post
    Do they have Child Swap passes? I wasn't aware that they did. I believe you would just give all your FP's to the CM for Indy and then two of your party would ride while the third stays with the baby. When they come back, the baby would go with the two that just went on the ride and the CM's would put you on the ride next.
    Yes they do have child swap. Talk with a CM and tell them your situation. Guaranteed they will know exactly what to do. Have a blast! Indy is such a good ride, make sure you look around the queue and don't run thruogh it.

Chad

Quote Originally Posted by aashee View Post
    Yes they do have child swap. Talk with a CM and tell them your situation. Guaranteed they will know exactly what to do. Have a blast! Indy is such a good ride, make sure you look around the queue and don't run thruogh it.

Chad
    No, I was questioning if they had Child Swap passes. I know they have Child Swap available, but passes? You know, like the Single Rider passes they give out in DCA for Soarin' and GRR. That is one of the questions the OP was asking.

• Minion

No, I was questioning if they had Child Swap passes. I know they have Child Swap available, but passes? You know, like the Single Rider passes they give out in DCA for Soarin' and GRR. That is one of the questions the OP was asking.
    Yes, they have a pass they will hand you when you get in line. The baby and the mom/dad will wait outside the ride. When the parent and older child return, they will give the parent the pass, and the parent and 1 other person (can be the child again) will ride. My son loved this when just the 3 of us went and we had the dog. My son and daughter would ride while I held the dog, then my son would ride again with me while my daughter waited. Note, the second ride is limited to 2.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Yes Malcon10 is correct. I guess they have a dog pass too, that I did not know. Thanks Mal10!

Chad

• Once A Skip Always A Skip

Thumbs up Re: Child swap + fastfass use....can you help me with a couple of questions?

Quote Originally Posted by G.I. Mom View Post
    OK I'm excitingly planning our family's trip to DL in November...BUT we will have our 8 month old baby with us for the first time. We have NEVER done DL with a baby LOL, and while we are experienced Fastpass users, I'm completely confused on how to best use the child swap in combination with our fastpasses when we go. (I think I understand the child swap concept by itself)

Help!!

We have a 9 yr DD who rides everything, so my question is based on that scenario:
    Mom, Dad, 9yr old and baby.

Say the 3 of us have FP to Indy (my 9 yr old's favorite ride).

Do we:
    1) get a child swap slip at the FP entrance? or at the regular line entrance?

2) how many FP tickets do we use? do I hand 2 for the first ride (DH & DD) and then nothing when we do the "swap"? (since my DD will be able to ride with me at the swap right?) I was thinking that would leave us one "unused" Indy FP which is not a bad thing

I'm just so confused! (and I don't get confused easily )

TIA!
    Ok....here we go

One moment while I connect with my former IJA knowledge. The way the original child swap program was designed to work had the first riding party waiting in the standby line while the other party waited with the child that was too small to ride. The child swap pass would then be good for two people to ride the attraction after the "swap" had taken place.

Now that Fastpass is thrown into the mix you actually had it figured out quite well...trust me you've done more thinking about this than an average guest would the CM's working that day will appreciate you for it.

You will Need To:
    1.Get an actual Child Swtich Pass, (this is an actual pass you hold in your hand) from a CM at the entrance of the attraction
    2.The exception to this is Splash Mt. which gives out Child Switch passes at the Barn Doors across from Winnie the Pooh.
    3. Only need to get two fast passes at the distribution point one for Mom or Dad and 9 yr old. (You can get an extra if you like but it isn't nessecary)

Using the Pass:
    1. First time on the ride use the Fastpasses that you got earlier for Mom or Dad and the 9 yr old.
    2. When the first ride is complete, then the person that waited with baby will then take the Child Switch Pass and proceed through the fast pass line with 9 yr old and ride the second time giving the Child Switch Pass to the CM.

Remember:
    This is a generalization, each attraction might have it's own procedure so be sure to ask.

On a side note you have jogged an old memory loose that I will now add to my sig line..thanks

Any more questions I'm happy to help
    -"Enjoy the rest of your stay here at Disneyland, where all of your dreams come true...well except for two of them, short lines and cheap food."

We just got back from DL with 8 month old and 11 year old. Useally all CM at the entrances have the child swap tickets, but sometimes they are out, and send you to somone else for them. Somtimes they want to see the baby, sometimes they don't. After the first group has gone on the ride, the babyholder goes with one other person. This works out great for the big kid, they go on the ride twice. Somtimes the swapper goes back through the fastpass line, sometimes it is the exit or handicap line. I know they have this for any ride that has a height restrictriction, but they also have for the subs. We took the baby on the subs, he was fine.

One of our favorite places to go when the baby was napping was the Golden Horseshoe, a nice airconditioned place where you can bring stroller in with you.

Have fun!

• Disneyland Fanatic

Thank you all for the replies!! ....a dog swap, I never thought about it, guess the puppy wouldn't really like the ride would he?

Trojanskippa- wow you answer was very detailed, thank you very much...and yes I'm probably over analizing the whole thing, but hey, I'm not a Micechat geek for nothin' right?

Jeniferjuniper, welcome to Micechat and glad to hear somebody else survived the trip with this big age difference thanks for the tip

• Once A Skip Always A Skip

Trojanskippa- wow you answer was very detailed, thank you very much...and yes I'm probably over analizing the whole thing, but hey, I'm not a Micechat geek for nothin' right?
    This is what happens when ex- attractions cast members have too much time on thier hands...

Hope it works out for you!
    -"Enjoy the rest of your stay here at Disneyland, where all of your dreams come true...well except for two of them, short lines and cheap food."

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • has a brand new mindset

{looks around and decides, what the heck! this is Micechat and teh OP did mention that 3rd FP...} Actually, there is one other way to do this...if Dad wants to ride Indy once by himself...Use the 3rd fastpass to get another swap pass. So, dad rides alone and then the older child and mom ride Indy one more time. This works with any of the attractions with child swap, but the hardest one to do it at is Space Mountain when they actually want to see the group (that's a long haul to push a stroller up to just push it back down and then up another one to get to the swap entrance!!)

The other thing you can do with the 3rd FP is to kindly give it to someone you see in the area by themselves.

Have fun!
    I love my awesome crazy wonderful friends!!

"Do you remember in kindergarten, how you’d meet a kid,
    then 10 seconds later you’d be playing like you were best friends?"

I was under the impression that your whole party goes to wait in line. When they finally get to the front, they do the child swap. One parent goes on while the other waits at the waiting dock with the young child and then they swap.

• Minion

Thank you all for the replies!! ....a dog swap, I never thought about it, guess the puppy wouldn't really like the ride would he?

Jeniferjuniper, welcome to Micechat and glad to hear somebody else survived the trip with this big age difference thanks for the tip
    Note that there are some attractions that service dogs can be on/in.

Not that you should get one just for that ...

Quote Originally Posted by JeffYardDog View Post

Winnie the Pooh is one of the rides. I saw two dogs go on that ride once. Very strange but cool.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by JeffYardDog View Post

Basically, the only rides ours can't go on are the ones they don't make the height requirement. They are generally only 24-26 inches and Matterhorn has a 35 inch, and other roller coasters are 40-48". They don't count them standing on their hind legs... (I am joking...) The rule of thumb is basically, they cannot ride rides with height requirements. The subs are fun, and our pup gets 2 seats.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast