Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1

    • I'm not wearing a scarf!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Scattered throughout time
    Posts
    167

    Monorail operation questions

    I'll be at DL the week of September 17. I was reading that the Nemo ride was under the monorail tracks. That got me thinking...if I take the monorail to Tomorrowland before park opening, I might be able to get a jump on the crowds and do Nemo with a short wait. But I have a few questions that I couldn't find on the DL website...

    1.) How early does the monorail run?
    2.) I noticed the station is at DTD. Is DTD open that early so I can take a ride?
    3.) Is the monorail only open to DL onsite hotel guests?

    Also, has anyone tried this and did you get a jump on the crowds at Nemo?

    Thanks for your help!

  2. #2

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Disneyland, I Go So Much Might As Well Live There!
    Posts
    6,120
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Monorail operation questions

    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Wolf View Post
    I'll be at DL the week of September 17. I was reading that the Nemo ride was under the monorail tracks. That got me thinking...if I take the monorail to Tomorrowland before park opening, I might be able to get a jump on the crowds and do Nemo with a short wait. But I have a few questions that I couldn't find on the DL website...

    1.) How early does the monorail run?
    2.) I noticed the station is at DTD. Is DTD open that early so I can take a ride?
    3.) Is the monorail only open to DL onsite hotel guests?

    Also, has anyone tried this and did you get a jump on the crowds at Nemo?

    Thanks for your help!
    1) The monorail will run until half an hour before park closing with the exception of the fireworks.
    2) I believe the DTD monorail station will open when the park opens. Not sure.
    3) The monorail is open to ALL guests.

  3. #3

    • Darkbeer
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Tustin
    Posts
    8,260
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Monorail operation questions

    The first Monorail leaves the DtD station at Park Opening, so basically on the hour, it does run during Early Entry if you have a vaild entry.

    The turnstiles do open open up a few minutes prior to park opening to allow guests to baord the Monorail, but when it is Early Entry, they don't open the turnstiles until the exact time its starts, so the first Monorail leaves a few minutes later, when it is fairly full.

    Disney has the right to limit the Monorail to Disney owned hotels, and sometimes does do that at opening on busy days.

    But IMHO, forget Nemo at opening, go in the late afternoon when the Parades are being offered. At opening, go elsewhere and enjoy short lines on multiple attractions, instead of Nemo, which tends to not have all the Subs up and running at opening. They usually have one or two subs still in the reserve docks going thru maintenance and safety checks.
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

  4. #4

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    322

    Re: Monorail operation questions

    1) The monorail will run until half an hour before park closing with the exception of the fireworks.
    The Monorail still operates until and a little after park closing. However, you cannot enter the park via the Monorail if it is less than one half hour prior to park closing.

    Forget Disney Magic...Universal performs MIRACLES!!!

  5. #5

    • Down Pluto!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Altered State
    Posts
    4,179

    Re: Monorail operation questions

    It takes far less time to walk from Main Street to the subs than to board and ride the Monorail in. Not nearly as much fun though.

    Personally, I'd prefer to get to Nemo first thing when I know the lines are shorter even if not all the subs are running. I don't like to speculate on how long the lines are going to be during parades.







    I am Sambo, and I endorse this signature.

  6. #6

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    San diego
    Posts
    743

    Re: Monorail operation questions

    Quote Originally Posted by Darkbeer View Post
    , it does run during Early Entry if you have a vaild entry
    Ohh awesome. I did not know that. Can't wait for Monday!

  7. #7

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Disneyland, I Go So Much Might As Well Live There!
    Posts
    6,120
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Monorail operation questions

    Quote Originally Posted by kriskitty22 View Post
    The Monorail still operates until and a little after park closing. However, you cannot enter the park via the Monorail if it is less than one half hour prior to park closing.
    That is what I meant. Thanks for clearing that up. The monorail keeps running until it has cleared all of the guests on the platform.

Similar Threads

  1. A few questions about the monorail.
    By evanescence4ever in forum Walt Disney World Resort
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-05-2007, 05:22 AM
  2. Monorail hours of operation?
    By NickCharles in forum Walt Disney World Resort
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-13-2007, 05:34 AM
  3. Lady Bug Boogie and Monorail '98 questions
    By sorceress1986 in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-14-2006, 04:57 PM
  4. 2 Monorail questions
    By Kevie in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 07-17-2005, 01:17 PM
  5. Monorail Questions
    By Ghostbuster626 in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-05-2005, 06:49 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •