Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Thumbs down Sunday, July 17th Meet at Noon, at the Plaza Pavillion... SAY WHAT?!?!?!!?

On a day of tradition and celebration, the day that Walt Disney showed off his park to the press and live nationwide television, we are ignoring the LONGEST running weekly meet at Disneyland, one that has been around for YEARS, and has gone thru many different computer groups.. but the meet keeps on going...

But it has ALWAYS been held at the HUB, unless there is a rain issue, or the hub was closed.

Why the change????

On a day that we look BACK at things, and are going to honor the past, why can't we honor the traditions that have been earned, such as the Sunday Noon HUB meet????

I understand that we need to move to Coke Corner/Plaza Pavilion near the Piano if the Hub is blocked off...

But if it is open, I for one will be sitting on the bench at the South West Corner of the Hub, next to the Partners Statue celebrating a tradition, at its PROPER place....

The Traditional NOON meet needs to remain where it always has been, I presume many folks that are not MiceChat members will come to the hub at noon due to tradition, and that is the PROPER place for it...

Please note, these are just MY own opinions...

Hope to see you at the HUB at Noon on Sunday, July 17th... (and after a few minutes, we can always move to the Plaza Pavilion....)
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• I was deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkbeer
    Hope to see you at the HUB at Noon on Sunday, July 17th... (and after a few minutes, we can always move to the Plaza Pavilion....)
    I agree Darkbeer.
    See you all at the tail end of Main Street then.

Re: Sunday, July 17th Meet at Noon, at the Plaza Pavillion... SAY WHAT?!?!?!!?

sounds like a plan.... hope i can make it....

will it be as crowded as may 5th ?
    So, as they say at Big Thunder Mountain -- "Hold on to your hats and glasses cause this here's the wildest ride in the wilderness!" i like west better

http://rze51.smugmug.com/

• Minion

I'll be waving to you darkbeer from the new Peoplemover train debuting on the track that day.

• Again! Again! Again!

DB, my thoughts are that there may be stuff going on and it could be blocked off for some reason. Press and stuff. I agree with tradition, but if we don't know, it's better to be safe and plan it elsewhere. Just a thought.
    Founding member of the B.A. I LOVE US!!
    FratSor Sister-Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ
    I bring the magic!!!
    "If all my friends were to jump off a bridge, I wouldn't jump with them, I'd be at the bottom to catch them"
    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend DMother
    Girl bonding is just so necessary. It's just as important as "me" time. A good girl bonding session leaves you feeling so refreshed. I think of it as a NEED vs a want. There are just things that you need to talk to other women with. You may have the best relationship in the world with your husband, but there are just times you need your girlfriends. It makes for a healthier and happier you which makes everything else you do better.

• Rally Vixen

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy4
    DB, my thoughts are that there may be stuff going on and it could be blocked off for some reason. Press and stuff. I agree with tradition, but if we don't know, it's better to be safe and plan it elsewhere. Just a thought.
    Sounds about right to me.

We have dozens of people who have said they will be at the noon meet on July 17th. It is easier to have an alternate location ahead of the anniversary rather than confuse people the day of the event.
    Anything listed on the park maps as an attraction is fair game for inclusion in the Rally.
    I cannot confirm nor deny the inclusion of any attraction in the Rally.

May the Gumballs Be with You...Always.

NO GOATS!

• I was deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by Escapé
    I'll be waving to you darkbeer from the new Peoplemover train debuting on the track that day.
    Good luck with that one!

But I do agree Grumpy4 that we should consider crowds, etc. But can't we at least TRY to aim for the Hub before shooting it down completely?

• -Going Retro-

I agree many new Mice chatters plan to be at this meet. I say keep the confusion of where it's held minimal

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

As I said in my original post, if the Hub is available (not blocked off), I will be at the traditional place, the South-West corner of the Hub, next to the Partners Statue... If it is closed due to the Media Events, then yes, I will be at the Coke Corner/Plaza Pavilion area near the Piano (Where hopefully Rod Miller will be playing

BUT the main point is, if the HUB is open (and I remember during the first week in May they had part of the Hub closed due to Australian TV), but the South West corner was open!!!) then the TRADITIONAL place to be is the HUB!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Quote Originally Posted by BigPigletFan
    I agree Darkbeer.
    See you all at the tail end of Main Street then.

I would think the tail end of main street would be by the Railroad Station. But then that would mean that the Hub is the mouse's butt of the Park.

I like the movie theater comparison to Disneyland a little better.

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Disguy
    I agree many new Mice chatters plan to be at this meet. I say keep the confusion of where it's held minimal
    But many NON Mice Chatters will try and be at the HUB at Noon (Tradition), not everyone who shows up at the Noon meet is a MiceChatter, and to truly avoid confusion, it is better to have it at ONE place, not two...

But as I said, a few minutes after Noon, I have no problems going over to near the Piano....

• Rally Vixen

Blog Entries

The location was decided by the staff of MiceChat. If you have an issue with the location, I suggest you send a PM to the administrators.

On a day that is going to be severely crowded, I am of the mind that we should think ahead. It would take a lot to figure out a new location the day of if the Hub is closed. Planning ahead is a very good thing in this situation.
    Anything listed on the park maps as an attraction is fair game for inclusion in the Rally.
    I cannot confirm nor deny the inclusion of any attraction in the Rally.

May the Gumballs Be with You...Always.

NO GOATS!

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mamabot
    The location was decided by the staff of MiceChat. If you have an issue with the location, I suggest you send a PM to the administrators.
    Last time I checked, the Sunday Noon Meet has been held for many years before MiceChat was setup.....

All I stated that is I (that is me, not anyone else, though I presume many folks will be joining me) will be at the HUB at Noon (if not closed), not the Plaza Pavilion....

It has been a LONG time tradition, and I will be honoring it....

• Minion

Cool Re: Sunday, July 17th Meet at Noon, at the Plaza Pavillion... SAY WHAT?!?!?!!?

HI DARKBEER ... WAY DOWN BELOW ..... uhh .. heading into Star Tours now. See ya in 20 minutes ..............

• done

Quote Originally Posted by Darkbeer
    Last time I checked, the Sunday Noon Meet has been held for many years before MiceChat was setup.....
    Why do you care if they have decided to have a meet at a particular time and place? No one says you have to go. It's not like they're saying they're moving the normal noon meet to Plaza Pavilion. Seems like this is a different meet altogether. If people know about the normal noon meet, they might go to that. If they don't know, it doesn't seem to me to matter where they decide to meet.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast