Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Misinformed CMs

• n/a

Misinformed CMs

I've heard on several different accounts from several different CMs in several different locations that Tinkerbell fliess on the old bucket cables. Who in the bloody heck is telling them this? It scares me that it's not an isolated experience.

Is this a perpetual joke/rumor that they're trying to spread? Or if they seriously believe this... have they noticed that the attraction's cables went from point A to point B and Tink's cables go from point C to point D? How about Tink's platform sitting well above the bucket's Matterhorn's cave? Or the most basic... THAT HER LINES FLY INTO A FAKE TREE (not an ideal load/unload station for any attraction).

Questions? Comments? Heard any better ones?
    “Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die.” ~ Mel Brooks

• Mickey Mouse Slave

Re: Misinformed CMs

they told us some guest will tip us over $75 and that we are not allow to accept it...

havent got one yet...

:P
    ~ A Cute, Little, Fuzzy, Silly, and Chubby Cast Member ~

• WDW Fant! Premiere Cast

Shouldn't they be telling guests Tinker Bell flies on her own and doesn't need wires? Granted we know she's flying on the wires but give the illusion of magic.

• Once A Skip Always A Skip

Quote Originally Posted by SorcererMickey View Post
    Shouldn't they be telling guests Tinker Bell flies on her own and doesn't need wires? Granted we know she's flying on the wires but give the illusion of magic.

They should be telling guests that...but as was pointed out in another thread the days of relying on every single average Cast Member to consistently make the magic are over.

As to the mionformation...remember, most CM's are your average college student, working to earn a little money for the summer, so they are just as susceptable to rumor as the rest of us. What you are talking about sounds like the age old game of telephone...someone probably heard someone else say that it would have been cool to fly Tink on the Skyway calbes, so they went and told someone else something a little different, and so on and so on and so on. Soon it becomes 'Tink flies on the Skyway cable', and this is the rumor that is repeated to you. I used to see this all the time at the park, it's nothing new.
    -"Enjoy the rest of your stay here at Disneyland, where all of your dreams come true...well except for two of them, short lines and cheap food."

• Gloomy Day, probably rain

Sometimes they are misinformed and sometimes they hear rumors that they believe true which they pass on to guests. When I hear stuff that I know isnt true, I just laugh it off. Will the regular tourist really know the difference? Not really.

• rainy day girl

Blog Entries

I find it frightening that so many people here know more basic info about DL than the CM's themselves.
    Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

• =)

Once, before I knew that the Indy queue entered the actual show building in the rotunda room, I asked a CM in that very room if he could tell me which part of the queue entered the show building. He looked very confused. I said, "Well, the ride takes place in a big, green building backstage, right?" This seemed to perplex him more, so I gave up.

Also, the one and only time I've seen the HM pet cemetery, I was accompanied by a cast member who didn't seem like he'd ever taken someone back there before. This was not so much a case of being misinformed as it was a case of me knowing a lot more than a trend in guests than he was.

• I <3 °o°

I've heard people mention this multiple times and is it possible they're talking about the actual cables themselves. I know its not the route of the cables because skyway route is perpendicular to where tink flies now.
    But with her new rigging I'd assume de'd need heavier cable, and what did they do with all that skyway cable in the first place?

Just something to chew on

and i could be completely wrong, but hey I'm entitled to think
    Is this haunted signature
    actually
    stretching?

Or is it your imagination, hmm?
    Rockin' Lady Adelade of Random
    also known as...
    Dominatrix of Randomness

• n/a

Quote Originally Posted by Adelade View Post
    I've heard people mention this multiple times and is it possible they're talking about the actual cables themselves. I know its not the route of the cables because skyway route is perpendicular to where tink flies now.
    But with her new rigging I'd assume de'd need heavier cable, and what did they do with all that skyway cable in the first place?

Just something to chew on

and i could be completely wrong, but hey I'm entitled to think

Thought about that option too. But Tink's rigging involved multiple cables, and I hardly doubt the suits would be so cheap as to reuse old worn out cables. It's not like using old rockets as shelving in TL, it's a girl's life in the hands of those cables.
    “Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die.” ~ Mel Brooks

• Closed Account

The Skyway cables were far more massive than the Tinkerbell cables, needing to support several tons as opposed to a few hundred pounds.

While several reasons for the spread of misinformation have been posted, don't forget that Disney themselves constantly perpetuates faulty information--all part of the "Disneyland Dogma." Such examples include the "gold spike in the center of the Park," the "Colorblind Bulldozer Operator" story, and the un-gilded castle spire meaning DL isn't completed.

Quote Originally Posted by sunnygirl View Post
    I find it frightening that so many people here know more basic info about DL than the CM's themselves.
    Yeah but....
    People on MC have a deep interest in Disneyland and take it upon themselves to learn information about the park. Some have been going for years. Not every CM visits the park every day or is interested in learning about the park. To some people it's just a job, and one they don't especially enjoy. The days of the handpicked, 80th percentile cast member are over...they died with the opening of DCA. With unemployment hvering somewhere around 3% in Orange County, Casting has to often take what they can get. There are still a lot of quality CM's, but not everyone takes it upon themselves to be informed.
    -"Enjoy the rest of your stay here at Disneyland, where all of your dreams come true...well except for two of them, short lines and cheap food."

• "I Break Things"

Quote Originally Posted by Steve DeGaetano View Post
    the un-gilded castle spire meaning DL isn't completed.
    So is there any symbolism to this one or did they just continually forget to paint it for the past 50 years?
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

• Knight that says Nee!!

Quote Originally Posted by Steve DeGaetano View Post
    The Skyway cables were far more massive than the Tinkerbell cables, needing to support several tons as opposed to a few hundred pounds.

While several reasons for the spread of misinformation have been posted, don't forget that Disney themselves constantly perpetuates faulty information--all part of the "Disneyland Dogma." Such examples include the "gold spike in the center of the Park," the "Colorblind Bulldozer Operator" story, and the un-gilded castle spire meaning DL isn't completed.
    Or that the old banjo playing man at the start of PotC is the same guy in the prison cell trying to get the dog with the keys. I roll my eyes about that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Goofy Daddy View Post
    Or that the old banjo playing man at the start of PotC is the same guy in the prison cell trying to get the dog with the keys.
    HE IS !!!?????

Never knew that !

Thanks Goofy Daddy

• The Tomorrowland One

Quote Originally Posted by Goofy Daddy View Post
    Or that the old banjo playing man at the start of PotC is the same guy in the prison cell trying to get the dog with the keys. I roll my eyes about that one.
    From what I understand of the story line of that attraction, it could actually fit in. But then that is a Westside attraction, and I am my self an Eastside attraction...

Oh, and Banjo Playing Man? That man has no Banjo in his hands. Whos playing it then...?

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast